Home

puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

This is a discussion on puja21 06-07 Offseason Project within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #65
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by papoose39nyc
Nice.. But why is Atogwe from the rams rated so low i atleast think he should be rated 75-80 with decent tackle rating.... Or tinaisomoa rated low he should atleast be rated 85 like will witherspoon.. He is a really Good Linebacker.. Fast around 84 speed.. And he is really tough.. It took multi Injuries just to sideline him

Tye Hill and Fakhir Brown are our Best Corners on the team.. Then comes Rumph is 3rd.. Butler and walls is 4th..

Bartell is back up to Atogwe.. but he does play nickel back sometimes..

My thoughts on the rams

Todd Stessuie plays LG for the rams and Barron is the starting Right Tackle
But you're a Rams fan and wouldn't that make you biased? You didn't mention any guys who may be overrated. Shouldn't your ratings (or any ratings) suggestions fit in with a scheme and not just based on how you feel about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you don't like the ratings, fix 'em yourself.

I do agree with papoose about the Rams' linebacker and corner ratings. Tinoisamoa is definitely underrated. As far as the OL positions, that isn't hard to change if you download Finn's editor. Positions change so often in the NFL, especially on the o-line, that sometimes it's almost not worth it to keep moving a guy from guard to tackle and back, week-to-week.

DaFlyBoys, the only overrated player on puja's Rams might be Corey Chavous. Maaaaaybe Steven Jackson (I'm not quite sold on the guy, really.) The Rams are just about spot-on, really.

Anyway, I shouldn't go homerizing this thread. Besides, I root against the Rams two games a year...
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
But you're a Rams fan and wouldn't that make you biased? You didn't mention any guys who may be overrated. Shouldn't your ratings (or any ratings) suggestions fit in with a scheme and not just based on how you feel about it.

no being biased would say put Tinaisomoa rating at 90.. which is far from it because he can be inconsistent at times.. and if you seen atogwe in his last 4 games.. you will agree with me.. espically when rams played redskins he chased down Landell Betts and just stripped the ball from him.. he was a very underrated saftey during the draft.... chavous can be lowered alittle.. he not that solid of a tackler that he use to be.. but he is very intelligent and can read the field good..

I honestly think steven jackson is the 2nd best running back in the league.. you can go on the 2k forums and see me agrue about this.. but I think he is 2nd best.. as he can do it all.. not to mention he put up the yards he did last year with out pace.. and a injury plagued line..

Im just saying.. Tinaisomoa should not be rated 77.. his gotten better every year.. check his stats.. he didnt do good this year because finally after his 50th injury he finally sat out.. he is a side line to side line linebacker..

As for rams corners.. You have butler.. Who sucks ***.. i wish the rams didnt have him.. he is ********.. no awareness whats so ever..

Tye Hill is gonna be a starter.. he was thrown in his rookie year and lived up to his hype.. obviously he can get alot better.. but 80 rating is good..
Fahkir brown should be rating 80 too.. Brown had 3 ints.. Hill had 3 ints.. Atogwe had 3 ints.. bartell had 3 ints..

Rams released Mccollum i think and they released Coakley.. Dont remember if your rosters had them..
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopin
If you don't like the ratings, fix 'em yourself.
I tried.. then i really get biased and mess em up my self lol.. I figure ill just leave some comments.. and maybe he might consider it
Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #69
Rookie

Cant wait. Will be looking for the new file when I get home from work. Thanks puja21.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 20

check here to see what's coming from me soon (some is already up):
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=205455

**the playable/user-friendly version of the 07-08 franchise is not coming until later this week, however.

As far as the roster file in this thread goes, it's a slow process. I'm not going to just crank out all the rookies w/ arbitrary ratings. Plus, it's still a long way off until final cut-downs.

The goal of this thread all along was to get a perfectly bug-free, franchise-friendly roster for next season. The best way to ensure that is to use the same attention to detail I put into creating base-file; track every name overwrite with as few character # discrepencies as possible. This method came from Finn himself. i def don't want to create 255 rookies & then find that only ~100 make the final rosters.

So, immediate future updates will see the Joe Thomas' Brady Quinns Russells, Johnsons etc added & the missing veterans (Hollis Thomas for example). hopefully i will also be able alleviate the side-arm issue for new QBs and last year's new QBs.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 AM   #71
Rookie

Puja, how's your progress coming? Almost a month with no word, you must be locked away slaving over this roster like a madman.

It will certainly be the best on the net when you're through.

Can you give your adoring fans an update? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 12:16 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Puja still loving these rosters...

Just wondering, did you have it in just regular roster format and not Franchise...I'd like to play against some friends with these rosters...they are nice....really nice....and super accurate....
Sorry for the silence

currently, i am still twisting the arm of my friends to go in on a GM jr. book. until they cave or until i develop another unbiased rating system for rookies, i am sitting on creating all 255 rookies (plus there is the cutdowns issue).

in the meantime, i've been working on alleviating the sidearm problem & creating rookies from the first three rounds (the rookies least likely to get cut). i'll have something with them before mid-summer, but it will be MUCH closer to final cutdowns when i finish making all the rooks.

what i said in my last post here still stands: most of all, i want to make sure freezing does NOT happen in this file when it's used in franchise mode. getting it released during the summer is not as high on my priority list. With regards to freeze-ups, all the advice that Finn has given me has had one thing in common: do not continually create & overwrite new names (there is even an issue w/ the number of characters used). since i am not using any CAPs, i dont want to overrwrite a low-rated veteran who then ends up making a team in august. similarly, i do not want to create a bunch of 6th or 7th rounders who end up getting cut.

all i can say is sit tight. i know people want a roster but as far as my files go, the franchise will have to do for now. for playing head-to-head w/ current rosters, my friends & I have my franchise set w/ all 32 teams human-controlled. then we just play any matchup during the season that we like (w/o saving). i know all 32 teams don't play each other in the 07-08 schedule. if there are 2 teams who don't meet this season & you "absolutely need" to play w/ them head-to-head, there are ways around it: you could always use the franchise tool "export team" to get them into exhibition play. Or load a different season schedule to find some other matchups.

Last edited by puja21; 05-31-2007 at 12:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »