Home

puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

This is a discussion on puja21 06-07 Offseason Project within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

wasnt planning on posting this, but i got a lot of PMs about updating... no sense in sitting on a file if there is interest here:

so, this is the first file for what will become my 07-08 roster next season. it's currently updated through today's NFL transactions (for details see my post in this thread-- 3/18/07, 10:45PM EST:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=198620&page=2 )

the depth charts are mostly subjective since it's the offseason-- i pretty much updated them based on ratings but most new players are in the starting slots. for example:
-Travis Henry/Daniel Graham/Dre Bly DEN
-Willis McGahee BAL
-Jeff Garcia TB
-Donte' Stallworth/Wes Welker/Adalius Thomas NE
-Derrick Dockery BUF
-London Fletcher WAS
etc, etc

-All signings & trades have been made
-All cuts & retirements are in the FA pool
-Any other declared FAs just remain on their 06-07 team (unless/until they sign elsewhere).
^There are 15 exceptions to the last rule: If a roster was full @ 54 then I had to release FAs to make space for the new acquisitions. For example, I had to release Dee Brown, Kawika Mitchell, James Reed, & Will Svitek from Kansas City to make room for free agents Damion McIntosh, Napoleon Harris, James Reed, & JP Darche.

Anybody w/ Finn's expertise willing to help edit rookie attributes after the draft?

When setting attributes for all 07-08 rookies this spring, I want to follow the OSDCR formula (or some derivative of it) to utilize the NFL.com Draft Analyzer grades & create an unbiased set of ratings. Depending on how long this takes per player, I may need some help on this, so I am gauging interest @ this point. With enough help, I may be able to release this file within one week of the Draft Analyzer grades being posted.

This is the plan: I already have 390 rookies inside the draft class of my latest franchise post. Since the combine, I have gone back & updated the SPD ratings for every player based on their combine 40-yard dash times. I have also adjusted all heights & weights based on combine measurements. Currently, I am updating the SPD rating for any players who improve their 40-times @ their school's Pro Day.

After the April 28 draft, I will add any missing players to the pool who end up getting selected. I will global edit all non-positional ratings to 20 (example: PAC, PST, & PRC for non-QBs), unless I know something extra about the player (like if a college QB moves to WR or S, then he'll get higher QB attributes). Then I'll use formula to determine the remaining position-specific attributes for every player... This is where I might need help. If anyone is willing, just PM me & we'll go from there

i am going to edit the rookies only within the draft class of my franchise file, and then copy them into my updated-roster afterwards. the reasoning being this: many of the ~255 players selected will not make 53-man rosters. i want to keep the integrity of the roster intact above all else, so i will add players only by over-writing any retired/FA veterans... no CAPs. Once all ratings are intact, I'll copy-over the draftees one-by-one, maintaining backup file copies each step of the way. this way when Sept rolls around & final cuts come, i can ensure the file will still be bug-free & franchise-friendly
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Mar19.zip (268.2 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by puja21; 03-19-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

Your dedication to 2k5 is really quite amazing. Maybe we could work out some custom ratings import so people could just post ratings files for each player and you could just import the file per player to get the ratings set.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
MVP

thanks finn! that sounds like it would be an amazing tool. glad to see youre still floating around here too
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd like to help out with the draft roster. I was actually around last year when Rickster and Flipmo were doing it but I came in later and I have their rookie formulas too.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't see a 360 any time soon in my future.....so just let me know how I can help when the time comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Can't wait, Puja. Hopefully we'll get a franchise save with the right schedules. Thanks for all your doing with the game!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Can't wait, Puja. Hopefully we'll get a franchise save with the right schedules. Thanks for all your doing with the game!

thanks ..puja and a big thanks to you Finn,, because without your editor we would be screwed

peace
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

puja does good stuff. I find PFW stays on top of NFL moves position by position , check it out
Features - NFL pro football articles and coverage from Pro Football Weekly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »