Home

puja21 Updated Roster-- MASSIVE update 1/7/07

This is a discussion on puja21 Updated Roster-- MASSIVE update 1/7/07 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: puja21 Updated Roster-- MASSIVE update 1/7/07

For the latest update I verified the DOBs for all 600-700 1st & 2nd year players (everyone newly drafted since the game's release-- essentially all the CAPs)

Of these 600+, there were 165 players needing their birthdates updated from the basefile creations in OSDCRv33. Most of these weren't too bad, just a year or two off. But some guys were listed in the game as being 28 or 29 YO rookies. Reggie Bush and Mario Williams were listed as having been born in 1979 for instance. So all that is repaired now. At the same time I fixed any name errors (like Daniel Manning is now Danieal etc), PBP errors, or wrong college listed when possible (not every school is in the game database).

This update will help a ton come next year when I set it up again for franchise-- once all the 2007 rookies are added. It will ensure that guys like Bush & Williams play out normal careers instead of retiring at age 33 in their 6th or 7th year.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Jan30.zip (283.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey puja, excellent work on these! Do you mind if I use your roster as the new base for some of my edits from gamechewover.com? Your name will definitely be listed for credit.

Trying to come up with a base set for the community there has been slow and tedious. Just not enough time to go around like there use to be. Again, great work and thanks much

Hello fellow forum poster! We all like to get our opinions out and chat it up with the community. If you have a nack for this and are interested in writing, I'm looking for dedicated gaming bloggers. Contact me at [email protected]!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #35
MVP

Update 2/2/07

this update has some more small edits based on season performance.

for example:
-worst QBs for fumbles lost have decreased "secure ball"
-worst QBs for rush yds & yds/car have lowered "scramble" (with consideration given to their offensive line & their ability to throw on the run)
-QBs w/ considerable jump in rush yards from previous seasons got a boost in scramble

ASIDE:
i dont know if anyone noticed either but a few versions ago I reverted the QB stamina and secure ball ratings back to the 2K5 "out-of-the-box" style:
so, now only rushing QBs have stamina over 50 for the most part (Vick is the highest at 60). this was designed to check QB running to a small degree & personally i like it. Secure ball for QBs was in the 30's for most guys in the default roster. after changing it back, i didnt see a huge difference in fumbles when i played a whole human 16-game season and simmed several others. so those things are back.

i toyed w/ lowering QB ratings in general as a means to bring the sim stats back to earth (to keep 10+ Qbs from getting 100 rating and above). however, some research showed that the amount i was willing to lower every QB had insignificant effect on sim stats. I like how they play human v human too much to drop the ratings a ton, so theyre staying for this season anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Feb2.zip (283.6 KB, 48 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Update 2/2/07

2 questions puja.....

1...what system is this roster for?

2...will the zip file dated feb 2 be a complete roster file, meaning do i need all the other files first ( i assume no, but as u can see im not to bright
Old 02-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #37
MVP

Re: Update 2/2/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedHenry
2 questions puja.....

1...what system is this roster for?

2...will the zip file dated feb 2 be a complete roster file, meaning do i need all the other files first ( i assume no, but as u can see im not to bright

1) Xbox
2) complete file (to the best of my knowledge, no incremental/chain-style gamesaves even exist)

PS it's "not **too** bright." lol
Old 02-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

Is there a certain slider set to abide with these awesome edits/roster of yours puja? what sliders do you use?...is it just personal taste?..just makin sure before i fire up a game with your amazing rosters....thanks alot dude
Old 02-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #39
MVP

i really haven't experimented a whole lot w/ sliders (have yet to even load up these "zero sliders" everyone talks about lol)

usually i play on legend (or maybe modify it a little if all 5 of my receivers are leading the league in dropped passes). sorry i cant help u more. i'll probably mess w/ sliders some more in the coming months.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #40
MVP

This update has the same 113 player edits as my latest franchise post. OL & Def edits are next on the list
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Feb7.zip (263.2 KB, 18 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »