Home

Another Roster project from 2K board

This is a discussion on Another Roster project from 2K board within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Another Roster project from 2K board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Your right about those crazy looking edits but for reasons beyond me they actually do play different from what they appear to be and I myself personally don't care for global edits done on MASSIVE scales but theres something to this 127/64 aggression idea of his....it works but its very much hyped up and you see it in the gameplay.
If others enjoy the 2ksports roster, all I have to say is - have fun playing it. Personally, seeing an attribute go past 99 just doesnt seem right to me. I can see a player here and there being rated 100 overall but nowhere near the extent to which 2ksports roster is. And I just realized something with that 127/64 setup. It's basically half or double depending on whether you're adding or subtracting.

Quote:
I like your rosters done without the global edits myself and think that Cap salary work was a thing of beauty easing the issues with Franchise which is how far and deep I like to take a roster with about 4-7 good seasons in em' I sure wish that return bug could have been addressed and resolved....has it been?
I must be honest. I love my global edit setup as well as my "dan edits" which is where every attribute and overall rating ends in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8. Also, you should look at my global setup again because you'll notice that those attributes dont affect the player for that position. For example, OL have no use or need for pass rush, tackle, etc. so for them, those attributes were globally edited. Unless I missed some, none of the global edits have anything to do with the position of the player or affects the player's overall rating.

As for the bug, I tried to bypass but I havent found a way to eliminate it. It's either from my global edits or its because I used two different versions of Finn's editor. My "final cuts" roster was used as the base for my "roster2k6" file. I used a different editor for each which is probably what causes the bug but im not 100% sure. It doesnt really matter because in three months, I will be creating my 2k7 roster file based on final cuts.

I did think about creating a roster file including the rookies but after I finished the 49ers and Eagles, I decided to cancel the idea because the bug would still exist and quite honestly, I dont have the patience to look over injuries for all other 31 teams in order to make sure that the bug doesnt happen.

Quote:
I don't mind contoling 32 teams switching in and out depending on what the CPU going to do as in handling those pesky trades, I still think that first one was a better roster without the globals just my ipinion bro they're just a better fit IMO for Franchise play!
If you dont mind it, good for you. The "bug" bugs me to no end. As for trades, before I noticed the bug, I would look at the trading block after each week and if any players were there, I would just use Finn's editor to control those teams and simply remove those players listed. I wouldnt be able to do anything about the CPU signing and releasing players but at least, I could eliminate those crappy trades. About the Global Edits, again, if you look them over, you'll notice that the attributes that are globally edited are meaningless and dont affect a player's overall rating. In other words, those attributes that I globally edited wouldnt even exist if this was NFL 2k, NFL 2k1 or NFL 2k2.

Quote:
Another thing I'd like to hear about when you and I both have time is how the hell you got the salary Cap figures to pan out....simply "Brillant" IMO just how did you go about doing that? You gotta tell me this ancient secret of yours it could and probably has changed the issues dealing with crappy CPU off season and trades in general....again just "Brillant"!!!
The salary cap isnt exactly good if you're using the Colts, Steelers or Patriots. All three teams are negative once you enter the off-season. The toughest team is the Colts. Even using my "release and resign" trick, I still couldnt keep the Colts intact. It's impossible especially if you want to keep Harrison.

As for being able to setup contracts for players, all players contracts are random. See, after I finished going through all the players ratings and attributes, there's a way to setup a player's contract based on his overall rating, position and years pro.

Go to the team rosters section and simply release the player and "re-ASSIGN" him to your team. I did this for all 1728 players in order to get their contracts realistic in game terms (not reality). For example, start a franchise using the default roster and look at Texans OT Todd Wade. He's getting paid $25m over 5 years but he's rated in the 70's which makes him overpaid. Release him and re-assign him back to the Texans. Start another franchise using the default roster and check Wade's contract. You'll notice that he'll be getting paid around the $1m to $1.30m mark per year which is on target considering his rating, position and years pro.

"RE-assigning" players makes the CPU give them a contract that's based on overall rating, position and years pro. The contract length (years) and contract type (balanced, backloaded, etc.) are random. The only thing that I noticed was that the CPU never gives any player more then four years on their contract. Other then that, it's all just random. You'll never see the same player get the same contract no matter how many time you re-assign him.

Here's another example, look at Dolphins CB Sam Madison in franchise. I forgot his contract but he's basically getting paid double what he's worth. Release him and assign him to the Giants and dont edit his attributes or anything in general. You'll notice that the CPU now pays him what he's worth. This trick pays every player at or about what they should be paid. Overpaid players are no longer overpaid and underpaid players are no longer underpaid. I didnt do this with my "final cuts" roster but did it in my "roster2k6" file because I was sick and tired of seeing all these overpaid players get released in franchise and then when I try to sign them, want more then what they are worth.

Here's how you can tell what a player should be paid. Start a franchise again using the default roster. Use the Dolphins. Once in franchise, release CB Sam Madison and then go to re-sign him. You'll notice his wants is actually lower then what the interest meter is at. One thing that I have hated since 2k3 was that when an overpaid player gets released, you have to pay him what he was getting in order to sign him and that's bullcrap. In 2k3, I could sign an overpaid player (ex- TE Stephen Alexander, OT Barry Sims, etc.) to what they wanted and then lower them 50k at a time to what they should be. This cant be done in 2k5 because of the contract setup.

I mainly did this because it makes every player and every team on an even playing field. Teams like the Colts will have cap problems after the first year because of all the high rated players that they have where as a team like the Titans who dont really have many high rated players will have plenty of cap room for years to come if managed correctly.

If you have any other questions or whatnot, just ask.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
The salary cap isnt exactly good if you're using the Colts, Steelers or Patriots. All three teams are negative once you enter the off-season. The toughest team is the Colts. Even using my "release and resign" trick, I still couldnt keep the Colts intact. It's impossible especially if you want to keep Harrison.

As for being able to setup contracts for players, all players contracts are random. See, after I finished going through all the players ratings and attributes, there's a way to setup a player's contract based on his overall rating, position and years pro.

Go to the team rosters section and simply release the player and "re-ASSIGN" him to your team. I did this for all 1728 players in order to get their contracts realistic in game terms (not reality). For example, start a franchise using the default roster and look at Texans OT Todd Wade. He's getting paid $25m over 5 years but he's rated in the 70's which makes him overpaid. Release him and re-assign him back to the Texans. Start another franchise using the default roster and check Wade's contract. You'll notice that he'll be getting paid around the $1m to $1.30m mark per year which is on target considering his rating, position and years pro.

"RE-assigning" players makes the CPU give them a contract that's based on overall rating, position and years pro. The contract length (years) and contract type (balanced, backloaded, etc.) are random. The only thing that I noticed was that the CPU never gives any player more then four years on their contract. Other then that, it's all just random. You'll never see the same player get the same contract no matter how many time you re-assign him.

Here's another example, look at Dolphins CB Sam Madison in franchise. I forgot his contract but he's basically getting paid double what he's worth. Release him and assign him to the Giants and dont edit his attributes or anything in general. You'll notice that the CPU now pays him what he's worth. This trick pays every player at or about what they should be paid. Overpaid players are no longer overpaid and underpaid players are no longer underpaid. I didnt do this with my "final cuts" roster but did it in my "roster2k6" file because I was sick and tired of seeing all these overpaid players get released in franchise and then when I try to sign them, want more then what they are worth.

Here's how you can tell what a player should be paid. Start a franchise again using the default roster. Use the Dolphins. Once in franchise, release CB Sam Madison and then go to re-sign him. You'll notice his wants is actually lower then what the interest meter is at. One thing that I have hated since 2k3 was that when an overpaid player gets released, you have to pay him what he was getting in order to sign him and that's bullcrap. In 2k3, I could sign an overpaid player (ex- TE Stephen Alexander, OT Barry Sims, etc.) to what they wanted and then lower them 50k at a time to what they should be. This cant be done in 2k5 because of the contract setup.

I mainly did this because it makes every player and every team on an even playing field. Teams like the Colts will have cap problems after the first year because of all the high rated players that they have where as a team like the Titans who dont really have many high rated players will have plenty of cap room for years to come if managed correctly.

If you have any other questions or whatnot, just ask.

The release re-assign trick is a good one. The player will get payed what their rating is when they're in FA, so you can use this to your advantage. If you need to get guys under the cap, release them to FA and lower their rating. This will make their cap number shrink. Then you can reassign them to the team, and then raise his stats. Using this method you could end up with some good players that are vastly underpaid. I remember my bro did this and had Harrison on his team for under 1 million a year...the darn cheeser. The opposite also works. Based on Alex Smith's rating, he should be making around 1.5-2.0 million a year I think (uper 70s rated QB). But knowing that he was the first overall pick from last year, I released him and raised his overall to over 95 and reassigned him to the niners. This raised his cap number to well over 5 million a year and then I just lowered his ratings and now he's making far more than he's proven to be worth. Using this method makes franchise way more realistic.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #35
Banned

Rickster -

I almost forgot. 24 is my favorite TV show (Prison Break is 2nd). How did you like the finale? I was expecting one of two endings - either the Chinese close the finale or those guys that were with the President close the finale.

I liked the finale but was hoping that Henderson (Peter Weller) wouldnt die until the last hour. Seriously, how can you kill RoboCop? LOL. I know that the main bad guy was the President but I was hoping that Henderson would last until the final hour.

The ending was expected but I was hoping for those guys that were with the President (the one that talked to him repeatedly over the phone who is bald and wears glasses) to "team up" if you will with the Chinese at the end. Those guys that were with the President kind of get away and its a loose end to me.

I was also hoping that Palmer (Dennis Haysbert) would make an appearance in the casket. Sort of like, a quick cameo of him inside and what happened to his brother, I'll never know. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
The release re-assign trick is a good one. The player will get payed what their rating is when they're in FA, so you can use this to your advantage. If you need to get guys under the cap, release them to FA and lower their rating. This will make their cap number shrink. Then you can reassign them to the team, and then raise his stats. Using this method you could end up with some good players that are vastly underpaid. I remember my bro did this and had Harrison on his team for under 1 million a year...the darn cheeser. The opposite also works. Based on Alex Smith's rating, he should be making around 1.5-2.0 million a year I think (uper 70s rated QB). But knowing that he was the first overall pick from last year, I released him and raised his overall to over 95 and reassigned him to the niners. This raised his cap number to well over 5 million a year and then I just lowered his ratings and now he's making far more than he's proven to be worth. Using this method makes franchise way more realistic.
Yeah, I know about that trick but I want things realistic in terms of how the game plays and calculates contracts and whatnot. I'm a 49ers fan and I know that QB Alex Smith received the higgest paid contract in team history but in-game, he'll only be rated 75-77 in my 2k7 roster file and want him to be paid according to that. Game wise, its more realistic especially when you factor in the fact that the salary cap wont be increasing as much like it did in reality.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:02 AM   #37
MVP

Hello everyone!
I wanna clarify my opinion about this roster.
I think some intuitions on this roster gameplay can be used by the "community" for the 2k7 roster project.I know a lot of players are overated,but I think you can fix it and also you can fix the missing rookies and finally the "stamina" problem.
I don't think you have to "cancel" this roster and its intuitions,as in my opinion playing with this roster can solve some problems,for example QB INT and lack of intelligence,in fact in all my games the CPU QB throw more than 50% and this is good,especially because they throw more to their besr WR.
Another good thing is that for the first time with this roster is more difficult to sack the QB,I have played a lot of games with a lot of different roster and settings and one thing that make me crazy was the fact that for my Dmen was really too easy to penetrate and to sack the CPU QB.
Again this is not perfect but I think it's important to use some intuitions for your "community roster" project.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #38
Pro

Yo Rickster, why does just about every one of your sentences go on for like 10 lines? I appreciate your insight, but when every sentence is a paragraph long it looks like rambling.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Yo Rickster, why does just about every one of your sentences go on for like 10 lines? I appreciate your insight, but when every sentence is a paragraph long it looks like rambling.
You could use the PM if you have issues with his writing. Keep the comments on rosters vs writing styles.

Peace
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You could use the PM if you have issues with his writing. Keep the comments on rosters vs writing styles.

Peace
Yeah, and you could have PM'd me about this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »