Home

Another Roster project from 2K board

This is a discussion on Another Roster project from 2K board within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Another Roster project from 2K board

These edits are great. I've actually juked out someone with my receiver; something that seemed impossible to do before. I just saw Brees scramble for a couple yards too. It seems like breakaways are more realistic too. I got an 80 yard reception with Winslow when his defender went for a tackle and missed and he had nothing but open field ahead. Usually, someone would catch up to him and stop him before getting a 50 yard gain.

And all he did was mess with the aggression ratings. Maybe a lot of problems in the game had something to do with these ratings. Anyways, I highly recommend going in with Finn's Editor and making the aggression rating for P, K, QBs, secondary, and oline- 64, and aggression ratings for Dline, WR, HB, FB, and linebackers - 127 for whatever roster you're using.

These rosters play really well, but there are some big problems with the actual players in the roster.

- OS Staff
Old 05-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm not that impressed with the rosters. I took a loko at the Packers and noticed a number of issues.

AJ Hawk is rated 100. No rookie shoule be rated that high. I also noticed that Nagata (?) from the Ravens was rated 100.

Ahmed frickin' Carroll is rated an 87 while Al Harris is only an 82.

I like the idea of some of the global edits to make the game play differently, but a lot of of player ratings are way off.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

When I saw Vick scramble for 15 and didn't slide and took a hit from 2 people I realized how great a roster this is. I have a couple of ideas for a roster file if I ever decide to do one again as far as global edits wise. This file is also user friendly.

The player ratings are off that's the only negative but he's on to something. He said he was going to release another file but I forgot his timetable for this hopefully soon. And maybe he'll fix the ratings. He did mention thathe used college players with college ratings so @ least he was honest so we can't blame him for that.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
When I saw Vick scramble for 15 and didn't slide and took a hit from 2 people I realized how great a roster this is. I have a couple of ideas for a roster file if I ever decide to do one again as far as global edits wise. This file is also user friendly.

The player ratings are off that's the only negative but he's on to something. He said he was going to release another file but I forgot his timetable for this hopefully soon. And maybe he'll fix the ratings. He did mention thathe used college players with college ratings so @ least he was honest so we can't blame him for that.
The roster I'm working on now has plenty of QB scrambles. QB complete over 60% most of the times & even in cpu vs cpu games I dont get many ints at all. Maybe 1 or 2 per game between teams..I'm still working on them though..I will try these though just to peep the rest of the game play. What about his settings? What are they set at? What speed?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

I just gave his roster a run through.

I might be in the minority here but but I'm not seriously impressed. I played 2 games and it seems that he is only concerned with the defensive side of the ball with this roster. It's like the Oline is just letting them get through after a second or two.

Yes he might be on to something with the 64/127 but it might need to be tinkered around with. Yes, I like how the Dline were making tackles (even though they were making nearly all of them), but it was different feel to the game.

And like others have said, rookies rated too high.

Also, the stamina is too dayum high. I believe everyone is a 90. I ran a no huddle for 4 straight plays then called the next one, and the same backs and receivers were in the game.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2

I might be in the minority here but but I'm not seriously impressed. I played 2 games and it seems that he is only concerned with the defensive side of the ball with this roster. It's like the Oline is just letting them get through after a second or two.

Yes he might be on to something with the 64/127 but it might need to be tinkered around with. Yes, I like how the Dline were making tackles (even though they were making nearly all of them), but it was different feel to the game.

Also, the stamina is too dayum high. I believe everyone is a 90. I ran a no huddle for 4 straight plays then called the next one, and the same backs and receivers were in the game.

You make some very valid observations and true these edits are somewhat on the high end of things but they seem to fit in with his gameplay and over all effects on the game.

To most guys here and how they've been use to seeing and doing edits these may seem odd but in reality they're just something different thats all and the fact they show you things you haven't seen before is a good thing.

Yeah the edits look kinda odd and ok they're on the "Juice" but thats ok too because now we have an idea and actual model to take a look at and observe which is what any guy who does edits and rosters should do as opposed to being close minded and not at least giving NFL2Ks idea some thought.

I'm gonna say this again, the guy is most def onto something and I for one along with the guys here who actually have a clue as to what hes done can appreciate his efforts beit on the radical side with these somewhat over the top edits they still have show something with great potential and it be worth the time to at least see what he started, this could be the beginning of something new and different from what we've all become accustom to.

I still like the gameplay his rosters produce and I'm gonna admit to that because its a fact and I'm seeing it happen before my very own eyes, now I'm not sure what you guys are seeing but it looks like a game of most intense and aggressive "Football" to me and follows his intentions all laid out in his thread.

I'm gonna give him serious props for at least showing me something totally different and allowing me to experience first hand ideas and concepts that for the most part I was reluctent to accept, I think if these were just tweakd to see what happens when using lower edits it would prove to be a unique expereince seeings the changes and overall effects on the gameplay take place and happen would open up some new and probably radical ideas which again could be a "Good Thing" so lets see where he goes with em' they're really good IMO and the gameplay is something different to me actually and I've had to adjust my sliders accordingly to find my "Groove", as far as roster personal thats no big deal if you know about edits and the like.

The best part about these rosters is that they play a game using edits that when just looked at appear to be off...and for that matter probably are but if you haven't played them and I don't mean a game or two (2) I'm talkin' actually playted them then you're missing out and aren't really seeing them for what they are and "Do".

Forget the "Eye Candy" thats for the kids this guys intentions appear to be on delivering the complete package and his shining star in all of this is the "Gameplay" not shoes, bells and whistles and most def not "Eye Candy" he appears to be keeping it as real as one could expect and has documented his trek leading up to his roster with a different take on edits and the overall "Gameplay"....I guess that puts me in the minority also but in a different way becauseI actually like em' alot and am somewhat intrigued by the actual game of "Football" they deliver!

I'm still stickin' with my "Crew" though and won't be abandining anything we're doing here I just think the guy is most def onto something and I mean something worth taking a look at and appreciating for what they do, however in my experience doing rosters using certain edits can and will have adverse effects on issues later down the road as in the freezing and other issues we've all seen and have come across at one time or another so in a case like this it might be wise to error on the side of caution, they're still good rosters though IMO.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2

Yeah dudes consistency is way too high. If he's gonna do global edits that stat should be no higher than 50 or 55 for rookes IMO. Thats one of the reasons players are rated so high. I still havent played them but just by lookin at them this might be the reason. As for stamina? The only players that should have stamina that high are WR, DB Oline & QB IMO these players hardly ever sub out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Hello everyone,
I wanna tell you what I think of this roster after playing 10 complete games with it.
First of all let me say that I have played a lot of games and season with a lot of different roster and sliders,well right now,after playing with this roster and this sliders I think this is absolutely the best around.
Yes,the Rookies and a lot of players are rated too high,but I think we can work on it,but it's important to note how much the feeling of NFL games can be replicate using this roster.
I have seen for the first time QB from the CPU side to throw to their best receivers a lot instead of throwing around.
Another great thing is that you're under massive pressure from the Dline,you have to act quickly.
The tackles really are NFL tackles,massive,for the first time I can feel a tackle when a Dmen arrive to "kill" my RB.
I think we can work to adjust the roster,but thi could be a great base for the 2006/2007 project.
I hope soon a new roster with all the rookies,with new edit for the rookies to give them a minor "rating" and with a better "stamina" distribuction will be realised,but again this is a great starting points for what I have experienced on the fields.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »