Home

Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6

This is a discussion on Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rickster101's ESPN NFL 2K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Actually I never said Drew Bennett was slow. I was in fact commenting on why his overall rating (74) would be lower than Bobby Wade's (81), Wade who caught all but 4 passes this season? Likewise, during my Franchise if the CPU teams im not controlling (in this case the Titans) make adjustments to their line-up via injury or free-agency Wade would unfortunately go ahead of Drew Bennett on the depth-chart because again .. his rating overall for whatever reason is higher.

Actually I never thought to change Wades ratings since he didn't appear to change anything on the Titians team in the form of gameplay and fit right in due to a recent move to the team from the Bears as I went over the rosters with assistance from slapnutz making me aware of the change, he and Drew seem to be working well together from what I can see.

As for the CPU making line-up changes I'm aware that any team could make the same adjustments depending on if you controll them or not I've found the best way to get around that is to gain controll over all of them as some guys elect to do but that involves taking controll over other aspects as well.

Overall ratings are no sure way to measure the sucess of a team, its the combined efforts of all parts and individuals that make things happen in a positive manner for the team to be sucessful.

But in either case they're for entertainment purposes and are very good at what they do so please do enjoy them and if you feel adjustments are needed or necessary then by all means make them to your liking but rest assure they do play out quite well as they are!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 02-11-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Overall ratings are no sure way to measure the success of a team, its the combined efforts of all parts and individuals that make things happen in a positive manner for the team to be sucessful.
Just to elaborate on that, overall ratings are no sure way to even measure the success of an individual player. There are corners that are rated 65-70 that get the job done better than some of the 80 rated CB's. Some of the ratings are way, errr, overrated. Sometimes you just got to look at the "Big 5" ratings for each position [i.e. for a WR look at the SPD, CAT, and RRT Ratings, some players have an 80 or higher in all three categories, yet, barely break 70 overall.].

So I wouldn't look to much into individual ratings.

And with that said, Drew Bennett is great in this game.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:19 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Okay thanks for the replies Rick. I suppose because I am new to the whole mass editing of rosters and/or tinkering of each individual attribute[s] certain things just took me by suprise. Never-the-less your work is amazing and I look forward to your future projects
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #20
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

thank you Rickster and whats this about 2k7?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #21
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
thank you Rickster and whats this about 2k7?

Basically its an attempt to update and include all the players and most rookies for the upcoming season same as if the ole VC crew would have done only applying my own custom work as I've done with 2K6 and working with these guys here that know Football and editing work, they know who they are so it should prove an exciting project if all goes well so we can keep up the updates and 2K going strong till somebody steps up and delivers!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Excuse me guys I don't get one point: are this settings meant for coach mode only or I may even turn this option off?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Excuse me guys I don't get one point: are this settings meant for coach mode only or I may even turn this option off?
They are meant for whatever you want! Just turn coach mode off if you don't want to play CPU v. CPU
Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
They are meant for whatever you want! Just turn coach mode off if you don't want to play CPU v. CPU
Ok thanks, let me try another one: don't you think Micheal Vick is very fast? With him I can easily run for many yards, no defender can stand my pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »