Home

NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

This is a discussion on NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #41
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

daflyboys,

I just checked these out and wanted to let you know nice job so far...and i thought there was a lot to do on 2K5...keep up the good work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #42
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Okay, here's the latest update. Yep, 47 is the limit on created....man that sux. But so far so good on editing old ones. AFC East and NFC East is pretty much done including depth charts. Again, some players on team but not in exact positions (FS for SS etc.). Eagles O-line sucked...had to create one guy. Also the following AFC & NFC North players were created. North divisions depth charts have to be gone through.

Rookies:

Odell Thurman - CINN
Nick Collins - GB

2nd Year:

Clarence Moore - BALT
Madieu Williams - CINN
Sean Jones & Kellen Winslow - CLE
Ben Roethlis. - PITT (created earlier)
Roy Williams & Kevin Jones - DET

I didn't pay attention to left vs right positions so tweak away.

Oops.... realized that I forgot to create Reggie Brown (WR - PHI). He'll be in the next update which will mean the rosters are half done.

EDIT: well on the upside 17 of the 1st 24 created players from this original roster set are MIA or very deep on the depth chart a la OurLads....so they'll probably be at least 30 spaces there!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFLFOO_082205.zip (289.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 08-22-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #43
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

UPDATE: I corrected some obvious misses (S. Moss and Coles) and went through all AFC/NFC East & North teams. Some teams were a real mess. Had to create both MINN DE's and created a new Kleinsasser to be a FB. All K's in these 4 divisions are where they need to be, but two P's needed to be created. Again some guys may be out of position, but they are on the roster. On occasion I accidentally created a few guys for their positions, not realizing they were somewhere else on the roster. I'm overall pretty satisfied with percentage of lineman starters overall. So later tonight once I get the P's created and check the latest moves that I may have missed during the past week, I'll publish in case some guys want to play exhibition games with any of these first 16 teams that are done. Maybe at a much later time, I'll re-examine 2nd year player starters for O & D lines and put them in if the game allows. I also want to look at punters' consistency or anything else that might bring some variability to the punting game, though it's not all that bad.

Oh yeah, I also made Ricky Williams lighter and diminished some of his critical skills until he shows otherwise.

Last edited by daflyboys; 08-23-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
UPDATE: I corrected some obvious misses (S. Moss and Coles) and went through all AFC/NFC East & North teams. Some teams were a real mess. Had to create both MINN DE's and created a new Kleinsasser to be a FB. All K's in these 4 divisions are where they need to be, but two P's needed to be created. Again some guys may be out of position, but they are on the roster. On occasion I accidentally created a few guys for their positions, not realizing they were somewhere else on the roster. I'm overall pretty satisfied with percentage of lineman starters overall. So later tonight once I get the P's created and check the latest moves that I may have missed during the past week, I'll publish in case some guys want to play exhibition games with any of these first 16 teams that are done. Maybe at a much later time, I'll re-examine 2nd year player starters for O & D lines and put them in if the game allows. I also want to look at punters' consistency or anything else that might bring some variability to the punting game, though it's not all that bad.

Oh yeah, I also made Ricky Williams lighter and diminished some of his critical skills until he shows otherwise.
Excellent. Keep it up.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #45
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OK, AFC/NFC South divisions are done....sort of.

15+ guys created/edited for these divisions alone. And I'm still not satisfied with both OFF Lines for IND and CAR. But, those will take a back seat to getting the WEST divisions done. I'll go back through the teams once completely done and make sure at least 20/22 starters (according to OurLads) is there. A few may not be in the right exact positions since there's no editor to do so. Though I may still re-create some players (like Bobby Taylor) to get to the right place which means sacrificing his picture. When the smoke clears I'd also like these minimums for depth chart (injury occurance) purposes. They may not be the correct player at the lower depth level, but I'm not going to create (as someone said) "bums":

QB:........2
RB/FB:....4
WR:.......5
TE:........2
Oline:.....7
Dline:.....6
LB:........5
CB:........4
SS/FS:...4
P:..........1
K:..........1

So here's the South divisions if someone could check behind me for some accuracy problems.

Oh, I did some tweaking in this pak for certain QB's, hopefully making the premiere ones even tougher and the scramblers hopefully scramble a little more.

P.S. Thanks to noplace for the reference points in his 2K5 roster pak.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFLFOO_0828052K4.zip (289.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 08-29-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #46
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

crap.... I hit the editing wall!!! And I still have 7 teams to go! Gonna have to rethink this. Maybe the created team cheat someone suggested earlier.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #47
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
crap.... I hit the editing wall!!! And I still have 7 teams to go! Gonna have to rethink this. Maybe the created team cheat someone suggested earlier.
I thought thats what you were doing in the first place I know I saw someone suggest it and have used it myself based on the 2k4 being somewhat user friendly I was sure you were using that technique....7 teams left...dammm bro I feel for ya but that create team tip works,now as far as for the Franchise I really wouldn't know its been awhile.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-29-2005, 11:51 PM   #48
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Ya.... I guess I shoulda done that first.... Well.... I'm just going to take back some others I did and finish creating Courtney Anderson (OAK-TE); Larry Fitzgerald (ARI-WR) and Steven Jackson (STL-RB) and make sure depth charts are ok...... screw the rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »