Home

NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

This is a discussion on NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2005, 05:57 AM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well here's what I have so far. Many 2nd year guys not on yet and no rookies. I also have to see which guys I can "overwrite" since I have no idea the created players limits in this game.
I think you can only create 47 players. However, you can edit players that are rookies/2nd year players in the game that stink and turn them into the newer better players. There is also a trick you can do to open up more than the 47 slots. Once you create a rookie (they are all rookies when you create) and you run out of room, create a fake team through the create a team option. Sign a created player to the fake team and then delete the created player. It will open up a slot but the player still exists on the fake team who you can then trade/move to a real team. Its a trick dz2k came up with for 2K4 that doesn't work for 2K5. Hope that helps although I'm a PS2 owner.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #34
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Can't wait to try these out tonight! Nice job daflyboys & thanks for all of your hard work!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #35
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think you can only create 47 players. However, you can edit players that are rookies/2nd year players in the game that stink and turn them into the newer better players. There is also a trick you can do to open up more than the 47 slots. Once you create a rookie (they are all rookies when you create) and you run out of room, create a fake team through the create a team option. Sign a created player to the fake team and then delete the created player. It will open up a slot but the player still exists on the fake team who you can then trade/move to a real team. Its a trick dz2k came up with for 2K4 that doesn't work for 2K5. Hope that helps although I'm a PS2 owner.
Great idea.... I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm also going to overwrite definite retirees (Shannon Sharpe, Gannon, etc.) so you'll probably see their pictures with somebody else's name for whom I'll need space. I guess just pretend they're in the witness protection program! lol

Well, with a lot of my old cpu problems out of the way, I think I've freed up more time to work on these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Great idea.... I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm also going to overwrite definite retirees (Shannon Sharpe, Gannon, etc.) so you'll probably see their pictures with somebody else's name for whom I'll need space.
Just don't waste too many edits on bums though. There was an edit max for player names of players already in the game in 2K4. I never hit it in 2K5. I know I was using that feature and one day I just couldn't edit the names anymore. Good luck with this job though. I know how much work this stuff is.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #37
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well there's quite a few 2nd year proposed starters according to OurLads site. I think what I'll do is rank order positions and not worry about O/D Linemen as much. Sad to hear that how sophisticated these games have become and there's that much of a limit on creating/editing. I remember creating a sheetload of players for NHL98 on Saturn and could've probably added 75 more before I sold the whole thing. I guess VC thought they would be making this game for years to come and there wasn't a need to have such expansive editing capabilities. It's too bad.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 AM   #38
DickDalewood

OVR:

Ooooh, I can't wait, I hope you get these done soon! Good luck!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #39
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OK, I have the AFC and NFC East divisions 2nd year prominent players (i.e., slated starters, non-linemen) done. According to OurLads, these are the prospective rookie starters in these divisions.... do you think I should create them:

Buffalo, NE, NYGiants, Philly, Wash: NONE

Miami: Ronnie Brown (RB); Travis Daniels (CB)

NY Jets: Mike Nugent (PK) -- already created

Dallas: DeMarcus Ware (RLB)

Also, did a trial half vs. Dallas as NYJets and Bledsoe and Julian Jones in the backfield. Bledsoe completed 60% passes and 1 TD; no INT's. The TD was to Jones in a delayed screen. Gotta start turning the announcers off as they call him Thomas Jones. And yes the pictures don't match up, but who cares. I also need to see how the overall roster numbers and corps look. I wish in this game you could change guys overall positions in the edit screen....doh.

BTW, did anyone ever pick up Hambrick?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #40
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

DFB,

Played a game and a half with these last night....you did an awesome job! I may be imagining things, but 2k4 seems to have some different tackling animations than 2k5 --- looks better in some instances.

My only issue so far was lower completion % by the CPU, but right now I am playing with your settings and I believe the passing slider is at zero.

As far as creating players, shouldn't we be able to edit any existing player within the game?

Great job my friend!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »