Home

NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

This is a discussion on NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

that will work man. I am sure I can find updated text files of up to date lineups with the rookies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #26
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Since the rosters aren't going to be 100% perfect, I propose we all see how the depth charts pan put over the next few weeks. I think around the week before the season starts we'll have a much better grip on who fits where and what rookies should be in the game.

Thoughts?

BTW, noticed some really sweet animations in 2k4. Had a fullback pick off my blitzing LB, giving the CPU just enough extra time to find the open man for a first down.

Last edited by Flyermania; 08-12-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #27
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Real good thoughts Randy...... right now it's getting the right guys to the right teams and creating players who are prominent.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:25 AM   #28
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
* finish AFC created players; correct all AFC punters/kickers

* Get good AFC depth chart nos. and placements. 100% accuracy at money positions, especially. Publish here at OS for guys to look over and try and AFC matchup if desired.
Update:

Well, the problem I'm running into is that 2nd year players aren't typically in the game as I thought they'd be. This seems to especially impact a few offensive lines, but moreso defensive lines and LB corps. So looking at the depth charts now does seem somewhat important. It would also be nice to have an editor to primarily have FB/TE and LB/DE switches as needed, though it's not like there's a huge amount of those. Maybe there's a way to do it via the "edit player". It is doable in-game for a given team on the manual substitution screens. Using these screens is also important when playing a game concerning switching momentarily to the other team so you can put in the correct PR/KR's.

All the P's and K's in the AFC are now correct. Again, you won't have pictures matching up as I'm editing defunct players.

I'll do what I can AFC-wise and publish what I have tonight.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Update: other things holding me back some. I think I'm going to take a different approach to this. I think I'm going to go division by division and try to finish up the AFC North and East tonight (Sat.) and the AFC South and West tomorrow night, then publish. Clearly there are more guys to create/edit than I first thought.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm looking forward to the rosters. Do you have an updated status report?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #31
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

UPDATE: sorry for the delay guys. My wife's cpu crashed and burned and I was lost in DOS and cpu forum geek land. I don't ever want to go there again! Seems that most cpu forum answer geeks think you know the language and where every space should go in every command line. Someone needs to kill me before I ever enter that world again! lol

I have been able to do some major moving and shifting over the past 2 days thanks largely to a posting over at virtualarena. Flyermania then kicked in some research for 2nd year players. So basically where I'm at is that all the moves of existing players that I could see is done. There have been a few K/P's moves in the past 2 weeks including for a couple of them who aren't in game, so they'll have to be created or at least existing defunct players will have to be changed around. So basically what's left is this:

*Double check FA pool and make sure prominent guys who are supposed to be on a team are on their respective team.
*Make prominent 2nd year players and place on correct team.
*Make sure-fire starting rookies and place on correct team (this will most likely be very limited until the season gets going and we see who coaches really play)
*Look over depth charts and make sure marquee players are starters (I don't think the cpu automatically moves a player up in the depth chart in season like it can in 2K5)

So what I'll do is publish whatever I have later tonight, but it definitely won't be the final version. Stay tuned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 03:02 AM   #32
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well here's what I have so far. Many 2nd year guys not on yet and no rookies. I also have to see which guys I can "overwrite" since I have no idea the created players limits in this game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFLFOO_nfl2k40818.zip (288.6 KB, 15 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »