Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Well i am using the winwar program but I can't say forsure if it is unzipping..i thought it did that automatically..how do i know for sure if it is unzipped?
no need for winrar...
just download the roster file from the site and open it...

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-28-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #42
MVP

when you click the file from the site a little download prompt window will pop up.. download roster file..
click Open no need to hit save
now the window should pop up with the folder
Now unzip file ( to do this click "extract all files" in folder tasks which is on left side of window. extraction wizard will pop up. hit next, next, then finish.)
A new window will pop up with the same folder but this will be extracted.. so you can drag and drop
you can exit out of the first window with the non-extracted files
and do the steps
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
dont know if this would help at all......but he describes how he "hook up" his stuff in a specific order.....but the main reason i am posting this is because it has a link to the vista updated version of xport360.....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aq-thread.html

glad you added my thread in - for people having trouble dragging and dropping read the last post in my faq thread, it may help:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038535263
Old 08-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #44
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
when you click the file from the site a little download prompt window will pop up.. download roster file..
click Open no need to hit save
now the window should pop up with the folder
Now unzip file ( to do this click "extract all files" in folder tasks which is on left side of window. extraction wizard will pop up. hit next, next, then finish.)
A new window will pop up with the same folder but this will be extracted.. so you can drag and drop
you can exit out of the first window with the non-extracted files
and do the steps
This may be my problem right here as I never have gone through any of that when getting the roster. I download and save. I don't see the extraction wizard or the next, next, then finish part ever. When I open from the site it pulls up winrar (evaluation copy). There is no folder tasks, i have the file button, commands, tools, favorites, options, and help. Then I have buttons under those that say "add, extract to, test, view, delet, find, and wiz". I have tried the extract to and it wants to put them on my desktop, so i do that and it puts a folder named GR182008 roster on my desktop which is the udata folder. So I don't know if I am actually extracting the file or not.

Last edited by cedwebb; 08-28-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #45
Rookie

yes - winrar extracts folders/files
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
This may be my problem right here as I never have gone through any of that when getting the roster. I download and save. I don't see the extraction wizard or the next, next, then finish part ever. When I open from the site it pulls up winrar (evaluation copy). There is no folder tasks, i have the file button, commands, tools, favorites, options, and help. Then I have buttons under those that say "add, extract to, test, view, delet, find, and wiz". I have tried the extract to and it wants to put them on my desktop, so i do that and it puts a folder named GR182008 roster on my desktop which is the udata folder. So I don't know if I am actually extracting the file or not.
1 - download the roster
2 - Save it to your desktop (for this instruction just save it to the desktop)
3 - Double click on the file you just saved

Winrar will now open and should give you a pop up asking you to purchase, click close to get rid of that pop up.

4 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...winrarpic1.jpg
see in that pic the large icons that say ADD, EXTRACT TO, TEST.....see what im saying?

5 - Click EXTRACT TO - now a pop up box comes up and shows a destination path for your save. Make sure your saving it to the desktop (it may save to the desktop by default, if not, change it to save on the desktop to keep things simple)

6 - now you can close winwar.....goto the first post in this thread and follow johnnyg713 steps for transferring. also look at NZ Buccaneer post on this page regarding trouble with drag and drop

hope this helps
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
just did the same thing but got shot down because they said I don't have an Elite console.. that sux

you dont need an elite because when I gave the rep my serial # he said "is this a pro system?"

If you follow the script then there shouldnt be a problem

One thing to note was that I got someone who clearly was in another country
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #48
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
1 - download the roster
2 - Save it to your desktop (for this instruction just save it to the desktop)
3 - Double click on the file you just saved

Winrar will now open and should give you a pop up asking you to purchase, click close to get rid of that pop up.

4 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...winrarpic1.jpg
see in that pic the large icons that say ADD, EXTRACT TO, TEST.....see what im saying?

5 - Click EXTRACT TO - now a pop up box comes up and shows a destination path for your save. Make sure your saving it to the desktop (it may save to the desktop by default, if not, change it to save on the desktop to keep things simple)

6 - now you can close winwar.....goto the first post in this thread and follow johnnyg713 steps for transferring. also look at NZ Buccaneer post on this page regarding trouble with drag and drop

hope this helps
ok so that is what I have been doing so I know I am doing that right. So just following the instructions from there I am getting to where I need to I just can't drag and drop..will look through some of the suggested trheads but in all that I have read no one has really found a solution to that. Thanks guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »