Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

try this from NZ Buccaneer

360 - IF YOU CAN'T DRAG AND DROP FILES IN XPORT 1.07

I ran into this problem for the first time last night - very simple to workaround for me: go up a level (to the folder as opposed to the file level) and drag this entire folder to your desktop; check if the file needs renaming (e.g. fro *.ROSS TO *.ROS) and rename if necessary; open Xport with your HDD and drag the file across.

If this method doesn't work try going up to higher levels, or drag directly from Xport window to Xport window (have two instances running).
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #50
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
try this from NZ Buccaneer

360 - IF YOU CAN'T DRAG AND DROP FILES IN XPORT 1.07

I ran into this problem for the first time last night - very simple to workaround for me: go up a level (to the folder as opposed to the file level) and drag this entire folder to your desktop; check if the file needs renaming (e.g. fro *.ROSS TO *.ROS) and rename if necessary; open Xport with your HDD and drag the file across.

If this method doesn't work try going up to higher levels, or drag directly from Xport window to Xport window (have two instances running).
Couple questions here...how do you know if a file needs to be re-named? And if so what are you suppossed to re-name it to?

The second method.****nning two instances! How would I drag from the xplorer/xport window to another xplorer/xport window? Sorry but this one threw me a bit..have no idea what you mean
Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Couple questions here...how do you know if a file needs to be re-named? And if so what are you suppossed to re-name it to?

The second method.****nning two instances! How would I drag from the xplorer/xport window to another xplorer/xport window? Sorry but this one threw me a bit..have no idea what you mean
1. have a save already made from your game and compare its file type to the one you are trying in import (I only ran into the corrupted filenames on nba 2k8)

2. One instance opens your Hdd, the other opens an image file (.bin) obviously if you do not have an image file you cannot do this. Most of the time .z36 files (from memory cards) will convert to a .bin file. As NFL2k5 cannot use 360 memory cards this does not apply to this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got my cable in the mail today (from Microsoft) and followed these instructions and I was able get my updated rosters no problem. Thanks for the guide.

I did so using XP but I have a laptop with Vista so I'll probably try that later.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron316
I got my cable in the mail today (from Microsoft) and followed these instructions and I was able get my updated rosters no problem. Thanks for the guide.

I did so using XP but I have a laptop with Vista so I'll probably try that later.

how long did u have to wait for the cable?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #54
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell22
you dont need an elite because when I gave the rep my serial # he said "is this a pro system?"

If you follow the script then there shouldnt be a problem

One thing to note was that I got someone who clearly was in another country
i followed the script to the T.. guy i got sounded Indian.. and he specifically told me i needed an Elite console, not pro..

i always have bad luck when it comes to getting deals from any kind of customer support.. gonna try faxing in the sheet.

also, the fax form specifically asks for a regular XBOX serial # , and your Elite Console Serial #

Last edited by boooey; 08-28-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
i followed the script to the T.. guy i got sounded Indian.. and he specifically told me i needed an Elite console, not pro..

i always have bad luck when it comes to getting deals from any kind of customer support.. gonna try faxing in the sheet.

also, the fax form specifically asks for a regular XBOX serial # , and your Elite Console Serial #
i would call back....the guy is clearly an idiot......he probably thinks u need the elite because it has the 120......what he doesnt seem to realize is people by used or new 120's on there own......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey

This is what i think happened....the rep probably thought you bought the Elite system used instead of just the 120 GB HD used

call back tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »