Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #33
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
by default there is a secondary icon above the players head that your going to switch to in PES so you should already know who will be selected when you press L1 unless if you turn that off. but sounds like you need to turn that on to help you. Also selecting a player with the Right stick instead of L1 is good as well and very quick. You can do this bypass any selection the computer is going to select for you automatically and manually select any guy in the screen. this should help you. I use both, not sure I understand the rest of your post but it seems more of a player switch issue again that your having trouble getting on the correct guy.

Yeah right stick switching is the way to go because it’s directional which allows you more control.

Really love the first touch error now. Trying to control a ball with turbo pressed will have your hold-up play suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #34
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
I started to notice last night that the "omg loose ball, run away from it" crap is still in the game. I really hate that a single player (not always the cpu, some times its your player) gets laser guided to a ball and everyone else runs away from it. I also noticed that when I tried to take control of a player on my team who was visibly closer than the only cpu player running for it, it slowed me down so I couldn't get to it. My player would make some weird animation where they wouldn't start running right away and almost hitch the other way for a second, and then they ran at what felt like half speed until the cpu player touched the ball. It was very weird. This made me angry and I quit playing for the night.
100%

Also I have taken the ball numerous times and driven into space given on the field via the dribble and watched my players off ball dance behind a defender, just stand motionless and watch me, run the wrong direction, etc.

Anything except the logical simple off ball run into space.

There is additionally this lame thing where you will watch players off ball start to make a run and you say thanks buddy and the second your boot hits the ball for the pass the intended target stops and runs the other direction.

This happens way too much and it's a real killer when you are trying to bring the ball out of the back under the heavy AI press and you spy a player running into the space the press is giving up and make that outlet pass only to see him run the other way and give the ball to the AI who just swoop over and take it.

I feel like I have to do L1 and L2 (I have special on L2) stuff all the time while passing just to get my AI players moving up the field.

Also I hate that L2 is face the goal, I instinctively hold it from fifa for shielding and it just turns me into the defender who takes the ball. My fault but yeah, also I swear I saw mention leading up to this release that there would be a shielding button in the game but there is not.

For me accuracy is way way down on cross body shots, say I am attacking the goal from the right side with a right footed player, in line with the corner of the 6 box, I drive straight towards goal, keeper guards near post so I shoot to his right (my left) cross body, these just whistle past the far post over and over again.

I did make one last night when my player auto decided to use the outside of his boot and that swerved it inside the far post.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #35
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
I also noticed that when I tried to take control of a player on my team who was visibly closer than the only cpu player running for it, it slowed me down so I couldn't get to it. My player would make some weird animation where they wouldn't start running right away and almost hitch the other way for a second, and then they ran at what felt like half speed until the cpu player touched the ball. It was very weird. This made me angry and I quit playing for the night.
i know what you're talking about as that was in the beta as well and probably the biggest con about the gameplay to me because I don't recall that specifically being like that in pes18. if it was .. it was not as noticeable to me. this to me was a new glitch in the gameplay that happens sometimes. i found myself super cancelling on those situations .. seemed to help some I think and after playing it so much i didn't notice as much probably because I'm always super canceling..

I download my game last night but haven't had a chance to play yet. will get to tonight.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-29-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
100%

Also I have taken the ball numerous times and driven into space given on the field via the dribble and watched my players off ball dance behind a defender, just stand motionless and watch me, run the wrong direction, etc.

Anything except the logical simple off ball run into space.

There is additionally this lame thing where you will watch players off ball start to make a run and you say thanks buddy and the second your boot hits the ball for the pass the intended target stops and runs the other direction.

This happens way too much and it's a real killer when you are trying to bring the ball out of the back under the heavy AI press and you spy a player running into the space the press is giving up and make that outlet pass only to see him run the other way and give the ball to the AI who just swoop over and take it.

I feel like I have to do L1 and L2 (I have special on L2) stuff all the time while passing just to get my AI players moving up the field.

Also I hate that L2 is face the goal, I instinctively hold it from fifa for shielding and it just turns me into the defender who takes the ball. My fault but yeah, also I swear I saw mention leading up to this release that there would be a shielding button in the game but there is not.

For me accuracy is way way down on cross body shots, say I am attacking the goal from the right side with a right footed player, in line with the corner of the 6 box, I drive straight towards goal, keeper guards near post so I shoot to his right (my left) cross body, these just whistle past the far post over and over again.

I did make one last night when my player auto decided to use the outside of his boot and that swerved it inside the far post.

I saw one last night where the guy kinda toe-poked at it but hit it with laces/outside of his boot that was pretty cool. He just took a stab at it getting it on his but it went wide.

Shot error is much improved but yeah, pass recognition is off at times.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
by default there is a secondary icon above the players head that your going to switch to in PES so you should already know who will be selected when you press L1 unless if you turn that off. but sounds like you need to turn that on to help you. Also selecting a player with the Right stick instead of L1 is good as well and very quick.
Ha! I had completely forgot about Right stick for player switching! Thanks!
The secondary icon thing just annoys the crap out of me, Its very distracting but i should probably turn it on anyway.

So, is the gameplay in the full release basically the same as the Demo? Any noticeable changes?
Old 08-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

This game is supposed to be played in full manual.

AI is much improved from last year!

Only thing I’d change is balanced the low cross vs lob cross. Too many soft low cross as of right now.

Also, has anyone seen AI shoot from outside yet?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #39
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
Also, has anyone seen AI shoot from outside yet?
Only when they're down on the score sheet, then I've seen them fire in the long attempt every now and then. But it doesn't happen often.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #40
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Now I know why FIFA has no practice mode...

Go into pes practice mode and run 11 v 4. 3 defenders and a keeper.

Now you can see the coding flaw or goal suppression coding that fifa is rife with. At least it's toned down in PES but boy is it obvious when you set practice mode like this.

Watch how when you have 2 v 1 your off ball AI player just about refuses to leave the shadow of his marker or wraps his run around behind him where you can't pass it to him without it being intercepted. He won't do anything that forces the AI defender to make a choice.

I have played every fifa and every pes I don't recall pes having this crutch to prevent goal scoring or even just easier pass options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »