Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #25
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
It's strange that my experience is different this year with how the AI play. I find more variety, not saying it's a break through, but certainly plays different that last year's. I haven't seen the AI score the same goals every time. Maybe as I play more I will or maybe it's the modes I play or the opponents teams setup.

Yeah I’m playing a Galatasaray/Fenerbache March right now and the CPU Fener side is controlling possession with mostly ground passes.

I’m a pretty possession based player but they are controlling the tempo against me. Pretty cool IMO. I’ll have to see what their default tactics are set to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Double post but one of the things I love about PES over the last few years is the set pieces, not only taking them but also defending them. Holding a high line, zonal vs man vs mixed, etc... Set pieces in PES>>>>>>FIFA

Old 08-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Man I feel kind of robbed waiting a year for this game. Seems like PES 18.5 instead of PES 19.

Honestly, was anything else even touched aside from improving the visuals + fatigue?

Master League is absolutely sickening, I can't even feel disappointed - it's more like a 'wtf they didn't touch anything but the menus!'
Dunno man, after playing PES18 I can feel the tweaks here and there that improve gameplay and make it more enjoyable. I could not stand '18 and Im having enjoyable games in this years edition.

Yes, ML is still bugged and transfer market is a POS, but gameplay wise I think they have improved more than just the visuals. Small tweaks here and there do make a difference.

Positioning and ball movement have been improved as well as shots. Its far from perfect with big room for improvement, but its more than 'wtf they didnt touch anything but the menus'

Its PES, dont expect them to reinvent the wheel, at least not in this engine... next year will probably be similar small improvements
Old 08-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #28
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Double post but one of the things I love about PES over the last few years is the set pieces, not only taking them but also defending them. Holding a high line, zonal vs man vs mixed, etc... Set pieces in PES>>>>>>FIFA

Yeah the set pieces are really good all they need to do now is not have the players standing around waiting ball to be put in play. Would love to see players battle for position.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #29
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Yeah, if you don't see and feel the difference between 18 and 19, I'm not sure what to say. Maybe it's just because I played so much 18, but for me so much has been improved on the pitch that I'm willing to overlook the fact that very little has changed off of it.

For instance, I loooove the fact that long passes are no longer laser-guided missiles that automatically find the receiver's toe. I don't play the long pass game myself, but I'd say the long passes I've seen from the CPU are maybe 60-70% accurate; some connect as intended, some are easily intercepted while others go sailing over the target's head. It's a massive improvement.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Rookie

How is the full release play compared to the Demo? I played it on TOP PLAYER, Manual pass and Shot. I struggled with player switching to the wrong people.
ex: it switches to my LB to press the man with ball instead of my CM who is closer and tactically the smarter choice. I expect to switch to the CM so I move the joystick appropriately, but instead i get the LB and run him 2 steps out of position and leave the winger he was marking wide open. The AI then rushes my CB out to press the winger, and the CM who should have been pressing the ball, now rushes to mark the forward my CB left open, who, more often than not, gets the ball from the winger, wide open, in my box. This is the most common occurrence i see, tho there are many others.

Also passes into space not being recognized by the player, or the correct player. A pass behind Firmino, positioned so he is between it and the defender, and Firmino's defender takes 2 steps and intercepts it. Meanwhile, I am controlling Salah and running back and forth on the sideline like an idiot.
This applies to loose balls as well. I had to watch Mane get hit with a deflected pass while Robertson was chasing it down 15 yds away. Why not switch me to Mane in the first place?

Don't even get me started with my own players running across me while dribbling across the top of the box. or standing CBs beating an already sprinting salah to a ball over the top. Im talking about you NALDO!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #31
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
ex: it switches to my LB to press the man with ball instead of my CM who is closer and tactically the smarter choice. I expect to switch to the CM so I move the joystick appropriately, but instead i get the LB and run him 2 steps out of position and leave the winger he was marking wide open.
by default there is a secondary icon above the players head that your going to switch to in PES so you should already know who will be selected when you press L1 unless if you turn that off. but sounds like you need to turn that on to help you. Also selecting a player with the Right stick instead of L1 is good as well and very quick. You can do this bypass any selection the computer is going to select for you automatically and manually select any guy in the screen. this should help you. I use both, not sure I understand the rest of your post but it seems more of a player switch issue again that your having trouble getting on the correct guy.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-29-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #32
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I started to notice last night that the "omg loose ball, run away from it" crap is still in the game. I really hate that a single player (not always the cpu, some times its your player) gets laser guided to a ball and everyone else runs away from it. I also noticed that when I tried to take control of a player on my team who was visibly closer than the only cpu player running for it, it slowed me down so I couldn't get to it. My player would make some weird animation where they wouldn't start running right away and almost hitch the other way for a second, and then they ran at what felt like half speed until the cpu player touched the ball. It was very weird. This made me angry and I quit playing for the night.

However I did like one change I saw to ML. Being able to actually send an offer before starting negations on a transfer. What a concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »