Home

PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2013 - Game Impression Thread

I played a few games yesterday (small sample, around 5 games). It is an improvement over 2012. If you are a PES fan, this is a no brainer. I played a few games and my impression is very positive, here are a few things that stood out compared to the demo or 2012:

- sometimes I make a pass thats intended to a player and he will just let it go thru his feet, I will try to change the assistance bar but this didnt happen in the demo.
- im finding headers harder to connect. Ive had guys wide open for a header for goal just to lob it over the bar. I will go into practice today to see if im doing something wrong
- in the demo there would be 1000 offsides, this is fixed.
- scripting.... ahh scripting, it has been toned down. but I had a game in which I scored and the AI moved the ball quite (suspiciously) well and scored on me 2min after.... Will play more games. I think its still there but I do think its toned down.
-keepers are better than in the demo, as is the kicking game. both areas could be improved tho.
- Commentary and atmosphere (same entrances as 2012) could be improved (commentary sucks actually). And the motion blur in replays also looks kinda like crap.... but as long as the gameplay is good im fine with this.

Overall, nice improvement, waiting for option files and to play some more today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #42
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

thanks for the early impressions guys. Gonna buy the pc download when I get home from work.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
Even people such as yourself whom have never coached or played, can see that PES does a pretty good job of replicating what you see being played on TV.

Wish the game would have been out in the U.S. today!
yeah... I agree that's one of the reasons what makes me want PES more but I also find the gameplay to be more rewarding and addicting right now from the demos.. and I like the learning curve more in PES.

even though I think I know what resembles the real game after playing the game my entire life and consider myself hardcore footie nut.. I have also seen several like me on these forums and other forums say that PES seems more arcade like and that FIFA is the more sim one. I really don't want to argue and waste my time.. bottom line is some people see the real game differently in person as others do.. and it's no different with these 2 different video games...

for those that do have the game

I was wondering if anyone who has the game already and can play online.. can you please test for me if you get the chance if you can control manual keeper online? you can do this by L1 + R3 and it will put the cursor over the keepers head and you position him during free kicks or anytime during the match. I am wondering if you can do this online as well.. ? the reason I ask is because the last time I played a PES game online manual keeper was disabled

Last edited by steveeee; 09-20-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #44
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
How is online?
Lag free brother! Well at least the 1 game I played was very smooth and it took 20 seconds to find someone. But then, the server went down for some reason. Then again the game hasn't launched yet so tomorrow will be the real test.

Quote:
What system did you get it for?
I am on the PS3.

And get this guys, the game actually comes with a manual. Like a hard copy, full on color manual! Mythical stuff!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #45
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

[quote=steveeee;2044198640
for those that do have the game

I was wondering if anyone who has the game already and can play online.. can you please test for me if you get the chance if you can control manual keeper online? you can do this by L1 + R3 and it will put the cursor over the keepers head and you position him during free kicks or anytime during the match. I am wondering if you can do this online as well.. ? the reason I ask is because the last time I played a PES game online manual keeper was disabled[/QUOTE]

I will try this for you my fellow Scouser. However, the servers are down at the moment. Will revert when I get the chance to go back online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #46
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I was trying to figure out that stat. Do they not count "pass" time as part of possession?

Wish PES displayed this stat like FIFA; showing you where on the field those percentages come. In the demo, I would have games where the stat would say I won possession even though I was destroyed by the opposition.

In one instance, I spent most of it defending my own goal and lost the shot battle 7-1 so I am curious to know how I won the possession battle. Is it only counting 'on the foot' time for possession - in which case, I probably stand around more holding the ball but I wouldn't say I won the possession battle - not when 90% of the game was played on my half of the pitch.

Anyway. Great impressions so far. Keep em coming. I still have a long wait here in the states.
Yeah I think it is something that needs to be reworked in the game because sometimes I feel the stat isn't accurate. I try not to pay attention to it that much but i am stat guy, i like seeing stuff like how many passes a player complete and distanced covered, etc.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
And get this guys, the game actually comes with a manual. Like a hard copy, full on color manual! Mythical stuff!
A Manual? You don't say. What is that?

It also is probably about 50 pages too
Old 09-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #48
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah I think it is something that needs to be reworked in the game because sometimes I feel the stat isn't accurate. I try not to pay attention to it that much but i am stat guy, i like seeing stuff like how many passes a player complete and distanced covered, etc.
Ive always thought that the game doesnt know how to accurately portray possession in terms of stats. There is a 0% chance that Konami will ever give an explanation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »