Home

PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #65
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: PES 2013 - Game Impression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Nice review DT - as far as the free kicks, I've experienced (since pES4) that you need to hold L2 and the analog direction of your free kick. This puts a whole heck of swerve on the ball - and pace. Power up half way and use the L2 swerve - the ball will travel shorter than normal, but dip at the end.

I finally got the game too. Early impressions are enjoyable - but this game needs to be played on Superstar to get a true challenge. The CPU plays well, but doesn't seem to build up, or defend good enough, on anything below Superstar.

With that said - I think you are correct, DT - in regards to how the CPU reacts to the style of our play. This morning I was just trying to get a quick half in before work. I was in a hurry - and just kept passing very quickly, and trying to force penetrating balls. The CPU surprised me and passed the ball throughout the backfield - eventually a long ball over the top set up their chances. There were also some nicely played through balls when they had the chance. It reminded me of yesterday's Tottenham-Lazio match. Tottenham dominated possession for the most part; but Lazio had some great chances off of their possession.

I love the Player ID. I'm not usually one for features in an organic sport like soccer/footy, but this is one that I thoroughly enjoy. It is so evident when a dribbler is on the ball. You know, like Montpellier's Cabella against Arsenal. He was everywhere, and each time tried some kind of trick - then got fouled. This was happening exactly in PES. I loved it.

Looking forward to getting some games in. I need to come to terms that this is KONAMI's engine. I am not a big fan of the player models, but the organic game play makes it all work. With the upcoming PESEDIT patch (downloading now at home) and the many...many PES13 PC modifications, this will be an incredible season of PES. The no-blur patch by itself has already made a big difference.
Well, I don't know what the hell I was thinking getting the game on PS3. It was a spurt of the moment thing that I got excited from seeing in store. Should have bought for PC. I don't really want to spend the money again but we'll see.

I'll take your advice and go into Superstar. I started off in Top Player and got creamed a few times, but I am noticing that its getting easier every time I play and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference from Professional to Top Player.

I am not too fussed about presentation because until the next generation of consoles gets established we aren't going to see much improvement. While I can get much cleaner visuals on the PC with AA and the graphic mods, both games are showing their age. They look good but I guess I've been spoiled by getting a high end PC and seeing what is truly capable of. Console games are starting to look old in comparison to games that are built for PC hardware.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I think I'll be playing this for quite a few months. I just hope I can get a decent option file for our version on the game. If its the same as the UK, then I'm golden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #66
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: PES 2013 - Game Impression Thread

Thanks for the early impressions. I stuck this one, but we'll likely be told to make a new thread for the NA release on Tuesday. I know it's inconvenient, but it has to do with tagging for the front page.

Also, remember to keep the focus on PES!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does the game play like the second demo? Because everything was just right in the second one. I'm hoping they didn't mess it up and ruin a great game. How are the shots and passing? Does the ball feel like it did in the demo or is there no weight to them?

Can't wait till tuesday.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: PES 2013 available in Europe & Asia, Post Your Impressions Here

Okay, this going to sound dumb, but here goes. Where can I buy this for PC as a download? Amazon doesn't have it, Steam, either. Help....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMania
Does the game play like the second demo? Because everything was just right in the second one. I'm hoping they didn't mess it up and ruin a great game. How are the shots and passing? Does the ball feel like it did in the demo or is there no weight to them?

Can't wait till tuesday.
i've read somewhere (might have been another forum) where the ppl who had the game thought it played a lot like the 2nd demo. I think they said that there were less fouls called. The fouls thing is more or less how the game is going, etc. so i am not worried about that. Gameplay in general though is same as demo 2 from what i hear.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #70
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Okay, this going to sound dumb, but here goes. Where can I buy this for PC as a download? Amazon doesn't have it, Steam, either. Help....
http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-downlo...3-3557-34.html
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #71
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMania

Can't wait till tuesday.
I would say yes and even better. The fouls do seem to have been toned down. Passing feels good. You do see the passes that don't go to the intended target but I don't see it as a gamebreaking issue. Only happens a couple times per game. Not bad at all like some people on other sites have made it out to be IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #72
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone having issues finding ranked opponents online?

I had a real smooth time yesterday but today it seems like I can't find anyone it gets to "Establishing Connection" and then breaks.

I did manage to play 2 unranked games using the lobby and they were super smooth however.

Seems like the servers are getting tanked at launch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »