Home

PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #17
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2013 - Game Impression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Yep I use manual. I've bought FIFA for the past 3 years and the only way to play was on manual because assisted made the game so easy. I just figured manual was the way to go with PES as well. Today when I played I had a couple goals where I pumped my fist. One of them was with Pedro where I was on the left side of the box and sniped it upper corner on the far side off the post and in. Exactly where I was aiming it. I was in absolute awe. I haven't had satisfaction from a video game like that other than playing The Show. I can't really say how much I'm anticipating playing longer halves. This could honestly be my new game. I'm trying really hard to like NHL 13 but it's just not quite cutting it yet for me. If this game is as good as I think it will be, it will be in my XBOX for a while.

BTW for anyone who can answer me, how do I send my teammates on runs?

To send your teammates on runs is for one-two passes. You control the direction of the run for the player who initiates the pass. As soon as you press L1/LB +X/A you move the right stick in the direction you want the player to run.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #18
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Nice stuff I how is the possession battle, on default. I know when messing with team tactics and playing on 1 or less pass assistance I see a better possession battles. What are your thoughts?
I'm playing on 2-bars for pass assistance, manual shooting. And now on the 3rd highest skill level.

I fired up a Konami Cup full of English & French teams. I'm dominating the possession most games with Southampton -- but they're a possession team.

I just played Pescara (15 minute game) and the stats were: (Me) > CPU

Possession 59% -- 41%
Shots 6 (4) -- 11(5)
Tackles 9 -- 8
Fouls 7 -- 6
Yellow Cards 3 -- 1

My goalie (Kelvin Davis) is brutal. He parried a ball to the feet of an attacker, another fairly soft shot on a regulation save went through his legs and the other goal was a cracking volley from the edge of the box.

But, possession seems fairly easy at this stage if you're selecting possession as your tactic. I played about 3 games as Australia Vs the USA, Mexico & England. I couldn't keep possession to save my life using long ball

But man, the game is so deep with so many possibilities and outcomes. Crazy deflections, true ball physics and players with linking moves and ball traps that at this stage seem endless. I cannot get enough.

Hey Roycey, I got a few ?'s for you as a fifa convert.

How do you send a guy on a run without being in a 1-2 situation?

And volleys? I've been using R2 + square for shots at goal. I scored an unbelievable diving header once, using it, but I'm not sure, when I'm doing goal line clearances nothing seems to happen.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

But, possession seems fairly easy at this stage if you're selecting possession as your tactic. I played about 3 games as Australia Vs the USA, Mexico & England. I couldn't keep possession to save my life using long ball
I guess it is back to editing more tactics when the game is out to get the Possession battles to my liking, no big deal though.

Quote:

How do you send a guy on a run without being in a 1-2 situation?

And volleys? I've been using R2 + square for shots at goal. I scored an unbelievable diving header once, using it, but I'm not sure, when I'm doing goal line clearances nothing seems to happen.
You can send them on runs manually by click the right stick and moving the playing in the direction you want.

Here are some videos that better explain it, it was introduced in last years version: https://www.konami-pes2013.com/en/20...mmate-control/

And as for volleys it takes practice to try and do a trapping volley, I suggest training mode. But usually you can just try one timing a shot off a bounce of deflection and that works sometimes, certain players can do it much better if they have the "1-Touch Play" Card.

Hope those help and thanks for the impressions.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Manual shooting is pleasure. Some goals get you out of you chair. I haven't done that since pes 5, tbh ...
Glad to here it. The inconsistent auto-shooting in PES 12 had me reach FIFA 12 levels of pissed-off-edness. Running straight at the goal, with no one around you, shooting it and having it float over the top of the goal like a beach ball. Not my idea of a good time.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #21
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I just got the game today too. Went into the store to pre-order NBA 2k13 and wallah! It was on display. Had no idea it was going to be released today so a pleasant surprise. Got if for PS3 (wanted PC version but they didn't seem to have it).

I'm only starting playing now but my initial impression is this: 2013 is waaaay superior than 2012 and FIFA tactically. It is amazing. I don't like some of the control quirks but at this stage I don't care, I'll learn eventually. The difference between elite dribblers and those who aren't is immediately noticeable. With Messi I can move around defenders and scare the heck out of the defense whereas with lesser dribblers you never feel fully in control, which is a good thing in my view. Same with elite defenders vs run of the mill ones.

Goalkeepers seem much more realistic. I (and the rest of the world) found them in previous versions to be completely and utterly ********. You can really now tell the difference between an elite & an average GK as FluffyTonka mentioned before. I guess this permeates through the whole game: ratings matter big time.

I'm going back to playing. I'll post something much better written later on when I feel less enthusiastic.

Funny tidbit before I go: I saw more fouls in my first game between both clubs than the whole time I played the FIFA demo. Seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Moving up to 20min halves.This one screams for 90min full matches.The gameplay is simply amazing.The sense of freedom, the ball physics, the midfield battle for ball possession, the off-ball movements, tactics, players individuality, the rock solid D by cpu.All is there.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haven't played a pro evo game since 07, always been a big FIFA fan. I love my licenses and stuff but having played the demo of 13 I was blown away by how far it had come since I last saw it.

My copy arrives today and I can't wait. Let's go Merseyside Reds! haha
Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Ahh, sounds awesome, guys. DT - glad you got the game, man. Of course I'm getting PC, but still - I know you will too at some point.

How is the defending? Does it feel wide open -back and forth? Or does it feel more tactical, start and stop - the way it should be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »