Home

PES 2012 Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #49
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official PES 2012 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Can I ask questions about somethings in the game?
Do you know which Uruguayan players have their personalized faces?
Also, is Nacional's (Club Nacional de Futbol) squad updated or it's the Copa Libertadores squad?
Regarding the Uruguay squad, can't tell you for sure since I'm using an option file. So the faces were most likely altered. I can say that Forlan is pretty much exact and Suarez is pretty close. Again, since I'm using an option file I couldn't say for sure.

As for Nacional, I don't follow them so I don't know. However, Club America's squad is not it's current squad. It's last year's squad that still has Ochoa at keeper and Pardo on there. Obviously they aren't on the team anymore.

You can check out your club though and see for yourself:
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (276.9 KB, 194 views)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #50
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Regarding the Uruguay squad, can't tell you for sure since I'm using an option file. So the faces were most likely altered. I can say that Forlan is pretty much exact and Suarez is pretty close. Again, since I'm using an option file I couldn't say for sure.

As for Nacional, I don't follow them so I don't know. However, Club America's squad is not it's current squad. It's last year's squad that still has Ochoa at keeper and Pardo on there. Obviously they aren't on the team anymore.

You can check out your club though and see for yourself:
Thanks for answering. From what I can see, I don't know if it's because of your imported OF, but it's all messed up. Firstly, many players are in wrong positions, Garcia (CF) at LB, Porta (WF or CF) at DMF; some of them aren't on the team anymore (Coates, Garcia, Lembo, Pereyra, Mirabaje, Flores; Gallardo is our coach, rating are wrong, etc. I guess I'll have to edit it myself and maybe help someone who's making OFs.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #51
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

OK. It seems like questions are OK here since there aren't too many ppl with the game, so I have 2

1. Does man mark work well? It hasn't always

2. Is the cpu adjusting formation/tactics when needed? If I'm up 3-2 with 6 minutes left does the cpu throw an extra attacker forward? Does it pull a defender?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #52
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Thanks for answering. From what I can see, I don't know if it's because of your imported OF, but it's all messed up. Firstly, many players are in wrong positions, Garcia (CF) at LB, Porta (WF or CF) at DMF; some of them aren't on the team anymore (Coates, Garcia, Lembo, Pereyra, Mirabaje, Flores; Gallardo is our coach, rating are wrong, etc. I guess I'll have to edit it myself and maybe help someone who's making OFs.
Might be that importing my option file somehow screwed it up, but yes you can edit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
OK. It seems like questions are OK here since there aren't too many ppl with the game, so I have 2

1. Does man mark work well? It hasn't always

2. Is the cpu adjusting formation/tactics when needed? If I'm up 3-2 with 6 minutes left does the cpu throw an extra attacker forward? Does it pull a defender?
1. Haven't tried that yet. I never really even used it in 11.

2. IMO, the tactic changes are very noticeable especially when it comes to bunkering or all out attack. I think we're ok there. Even the quick counter I noticed the effects. I was using that tactic in one of my games and my team would drop deep defending and once we gained possession you can really see your guys sprint forward.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Might be that importing my option file somehow screwed it up, but yes you can edit them.

1. Haven't tried that yet. I never really even used it in 11.

Please, please, please try this. I'm dying to know.

2. IMO, the tactic changes are very noticeable especially when it comes to bunkering or all out attack. I think we're ok there. Even the quick counter I noticed the effects. I was using that tactic in one of my games and my team would drop deep defending and once we gained possession you can really see your guys sprint forward.

Yeah, I felt it would be like this. Last year's tactics were good. I specifically want to see the cpu drop a defender for a striker, drop a striker for a defender, as the circumstance dictates.
So envious you have the game
Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #54
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

slthree, Tried the man marking. Not sure how well you would like it to work but I do see that my guys that I set up with a specific mark assignment make the effort to stay with their man. Reminds me of a cornerback in football playing a WR. However, they do break off at appropriate times or if their man they are marking is not really a threat in the play.

Check your PM

Last edited by rckabillyRaider; 09-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #55
MVP

slthree's Arena

Great video. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Do you remember what you set the marking to? Was it "normal" or "tight"?

No big deal if you don't.

Quote:
slthree, Tried the man marking. Not sure how well you would like it to work but I do see that my guys that I set up with a specific mark assignment make the effort to stay with their man. Reminds me of a cornerback in football playing a WR. However, they do break off at appropriate times or if their man they are marking is not really a threat in the play.

Check your PM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #56
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Great video. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Do you remember what you set the marking to? Was it "normal" or "tight"?

No big deal if you don't.
No option for normal or tight. In the pre-match gameplan, it just says player menu then you select the man marking option and choose who to mark. As far as I can see, there is no normal or tight marking option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »