Home

More PES 2009 Info

This is a discussion on More PES 2009 Info within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: More PES 2009 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
So FIFA was a steaming pile of crap for years, and PES is bad for one year, and everyone is writing it off for good?

Weird.
EA is a Satanic company. They have Edward Bernays' brain preserved in a jar somewhere, and they all lick it in ritual fashion at the beginning of each fiscal year.

It's not so weird really.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #18
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
So FIFA was a steaming pile of crap for years, and PES is bad for one year, and everyone is writing it off for good?

Weird.

Im excited for it.
It's been crappy on next gen, whereas Fifa has shown drastic improvement the last couple years....when you slack like Konami does you cease to get the "ZOMG PES is the best game ever" treatment. No up****** Master League, sketchy graphics for years, and a wavering gameplay model that you never know what PES nuts are going to rate it as.

I'd hardly call that a "stable franchise", but that's just me...Competition is good, and Fifa's finally pushing PES and PES hasn't done jack to compete IMO. They're living off their reputation 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
It's been crappy on next gen, whereas Fifa has shown drastic improvement the last couple years....when you slack like Konami does you cease to get the "ZOMG PES is the best game ever" treatment. No up****** Master League, sketchy graphics for years, and a wavering gameplay model that you never know what PES nuts are going to rate it as.

I'd hardly call that a "stable franchise", but that's just me...Competition is good, and Fifa's finally pushing PES and PES hasn't done jack to compete IMO. They're living off their reputation 3 or 4 years ago.
See what I mean?

Satanic.

Masters of manipulation.

They could probably put some cinnamon and sugar on a pile of crap and have half you people eating it.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

I still enjoyed PES 2008 warts and all.

I am hoping that PES 2009 is a return to form, and from what I have heard so far it just might be.

i just can't get into FIFA.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #21
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I still enjoyed PES 2008 warts and all.

I am hoping that PES 2009 is a return to form, and from what I have heard so far it just might be.

i just can't get into FIFA.
Dont sleep on FIFA 09, the guy that runs the PES site you linked to in the other thread called it the first true next gen footie game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
Dont sleep on FIFA 09, the guy that runs the PES site you linked to in the other thread called it the first true next gen footie game.
Ehh. I thinks its like a Pepsi vs. Coke thing.

I am a PES guy. I still love the game even if it wasn't the best version in the series last year.

To make me happy all they need to do is improve the defense and the keepers.

I played over 200 hours of Pro evo 2008, so im pretty excited for 2009 after hearing about the improvements on the field.

I just love everything about the WE/PES games. Its hard to explain. I just feel much more satisfied when I score a goal or make a nice play then I do on FIFA.

Hey, to each there own. I think these two series will really push each other in the upcoming years so its a win win for all of us.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

I am a PES guy. I still love the game even if it wasn't the best version in the series last year.

I played over 200 hours of Pro evo 2008, so im pretty excited for 2009 after hearing about the improvements on the field.

I just love everything about the WE/PES games. Its hard to explain. I just feel much more satisfied when I score a goal or make a nice play then I do on FIFA.

Hey, to each there own. I think these two series will really push each other in the upcoming years so its a win win for all of us.
I used to be the biggest PES fanboy on this message board, if you look at my post history you will see me making fun of Fifa 07 and telling people to buy WE10. Everyone has their breaking point.

Im just tired of the same old BOHICA Evolution soccer. Ive been playing the same damn Master League mode for half a decade.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #24
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Thats exactly how I feel. There is something about PES that I can not give it up, I can't explain it either. I try to at least play two games a day, it's my crack. And I got all my buddies into PES also. The last time I touched fifa was in 99. But thats just me. Like you said, to each there own. As long as they improve the keepers this year, we are in business.

Peace!
GOZ

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »