Home

SHAKE BLITZ INSIDE 10 yd Line

This is a discussion on SHAKE BLITZ INSIDE 10 yd Line within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
SHAKE BLITZ INSIDE 10 yd Line

I played a guy last night who's record was like 90+ wins and 30 losses(PS3 SalvArmyMatt) . His defense was complete trash. I had no problem moving the ball on him quick. I run an air raid offense and he countered by either doing a shake blitz, dropping everyone into coverage with 1 spy dl, or press coverage of some sort(cover 1). He wasn't good at all. He couldn't stop me.

I was Boise St. and he was Ok. St. The problem is when I would get in 2nd or 3rd and goal like on the 3, 4, or 5 yd line. I couldn't run it in. It was 155 shake blitz with run commit sometimes. Those linebackers were dancing all over the place and it worked. I got in pistol train hb off tackle, slam, goaline dive, qb sneak, and got stuffed(last night). As soon as I snapped the ball someone was in the backfield to make the tackle.

Now, I've seen this defense alot. Sometimes I do beat it but not last night. I was forced to kick field goals and ended up losing a close game despite driving the ball consistently. I should've won easily.

What are some run plays that yall use that are good CONSISTENTLY against this D inside the 10 especially if you run a passing offense. I'm looking for good stuff out of pistol, shotgun, or goaline but let me know what you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SHAKE BLITZ INSIDE 10 yd Line

That was real smart going for it on 4th down with 30 seconds left... a FG would've won for sure. But, you went for it... and lost. Glad I found this today so I could further rub my victory in your face!!!

Have a nice day.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

HA. kick the FG so you can just run around my o-line and block it. Either way I was screwed
Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

you two are the prime reason why I never play online against anyone I do not know.

have a good day
Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I've played many people that run that 1-5-5 Shake Blitz..... you can't run out of a passing formation on it. You can run tosses off I formations that work on it. But, it kills the pistol and shotgun runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha2ThaNight
you two are the prime reason why I never play online against anyone I do not know.

have a good day
LOL.. what did I do? Im just looking for ways to improve. I don't glitch. I play straight sim style. I just want a gg win or lose.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Cool story, bro
Old 11-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't understand why people have a problem with the "shake" blitz offensively. All you have to do it be quick to the flat a few times and they will be out of it pretty quickly.

The problem with most people online, apparently the OP included, is that they panic when their go to stuff doesn't work and they don't know what to do. Now using a shake blitz as a base defense is pretty shady in it's own right, but using it as a change up, especially on 3rd and Medium to Long is a very smart call and something I do often out of my 3-3-5 defense. I actually usually just fake the shake blitz and drop into zone. I've gotten so many INT's from people trying to force a pass expecting 7 blitzers in his face.

You cannot panic when you see something new or different on offense. Adjust. In this case, find your screen game, find your quick pass to the flat. OP, you run Air Raid like I do in a few Dyn's, so I assume you have Shotgun Trips or 4WR Trey Str in your playbook. Find the play called HB Swing and use it, use it early and often. It will destroy anyone who blitzes, shake blitz or not. If they want to keep bringing the blitzes, you keep dumping it off. If they keep pressing, you find your best release WR and get him running fades.

Adjustments are the key to football people. Give them a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »