Home

Post Move Variety

This is a discussion on Post Move Variety within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

OVR: 0
Post Move Variety

Alright, I don't think it's a secret that the post game on NBA 2K has not been up to par, at least for 15. There's very little moves you can do in the post, mostly just an up and under.

I would also like to have a better Face-Up game. More moves, more controllable feel.

Thoughts on how this can improve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New York Knicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Post Move Variety

You can argue effectiveness\ease, but you can do a lot of different moves in the post as currently constructed...what move's were you looking for them to add specifically?...I know they added a bunch of new animations...I hope they cover that specifically in the upcoming days...
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You can argue effectiveness\ease, but you can do a lot of different moves in the post as currently constructed...what move's were you looking for them to add specifically?...I know they added a bunch of new animations...I hope they cover that specifically in the upcoming days...

Lots of fakes and just different places to put the ball around the person, if you see Anthony Davis or Olajuwon in the post you'll see how much 2K doesn't really have, Also, post scoring it too easy. Rim Protectors like DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside shouldn't be scored on that much.

New York Knicks
Old 08-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

The noticeable thing that is missing to me is the signature aspect of it. I talked about it a lot but I am not sure how deep they were able to go.

Al Jefferson's face up post game is just way different than any other person in the game. They need signature hooks, jump hooks, and pump fakes from the post. The only way to get it is to get actors mimicking players or the player themselves. A lot of his effectiveness comes off how he uses his pump fake and one hand push shots/hooks.

Okafor yes rookie Okafor is probably one of the best rookies in years in terms of post skills I think will not be represented right because he is a rookie.

The only thing I can say is the post game is in need of IMO. The only way we get this is if there is signature post animations or packages.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
The noticeable thing that is missing to me is the signature aspect of it. I talked about it a lot but I am not sure how deep they were able to go.

Al Jefferson's face up post game is just way different than any other person in the game. They need signature hooks, jump hooks, and pump fakes from the post. The only way to get it is to get actors mimicking players or the player themselves. A lot of his effectiveness comes off how he uses his pump fake and one hand push shots/hooks.

Okafor yes rookie Okafor is probably one of the best rookies in years in terms of post skills I think will not be represented right because he is a rookie.

The only thing I can say is the post game is in need of IMO. The only way we get this is if there is signature post animations or packages.

Also Signature Face up animations would be really cool I think.

New York Knicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

I agree...I'm assuming this is part of what was added....I mean there's only so many post animations you can have so I would think they put in a lot of signature stuff...

I'd love to see Big Al's high arching push shot....I remember they used to have Yao's signature hook as well...a long with some other guys....time to bring those back..

Old 08-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I agree...I'm assuming this is part of what was added....I mean there's only so many post animations you can have so I would think they put in a lot of signature stuff...

I'd love to see Big Al's high arching push shot....I remember they used to have Yao's signature hook as well...a long with some other guys....time to bring those back..

Exactly I hope this is what they are adding when they talked about adding more post animations. If they managed to get Big Al, Dwight, and maybe varying hooks some robotic hooks of Hibbert.

The funny thing about this I would love the Signature post moves even if they are not that effective. Example Dwight's post game is actually not that effective but it would be nice to see him using specific Dwight moves. It is basically like Sig Shots, layups etc. to me.

Due to the lack of guys even using the low post they don't have to do everyone in the league
Old 08-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Skyhook advocates like myself (seriously, I give Classic Sky Hook to my MyCareer center every year, and even shoot it in real life despite being 5'9") will find it hard to want more post moves available, BUT I can totally see why you'd want the option. So count me in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »