Home

Kings & Hornets on the move???

This is a discussion on Kings & Hornets on the move??? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 49
Kings & Hornets on the move???

With all the recent news that the kings a tring to leave town or get a new building. And the hornets look to be getting out of there lease after this season w/ low fan base #'s. Where to you think the can end up?

I have heard and read some reports the kings would try to move or be bought and moved to Las Vegas. Don't think that vegas can happen or will ever happen. Another was the former co founder of M$ was looking to bring a team back to seattle . But he states that he doesnt want to steal some other cities team. I think the kings would fit best in K.C. . They have a great state of the art of arena that is very NBA ready and freindly. And they have some roots there from playing there before.

And there also the hornets some stories state they can move to st louis . St. Louis ? really never thought as a nba or basketball town.

Where do you think they will end up if they move?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Kings & Horents on the move???

One of them needs to go back to Seattle. Absolutely needs to.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Move one to Seattle and the other to Vegas. That'd be dope.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Move Hornets to Vegas. Change their names to Gamblers or something else Vegas worthy, give the Hornets name to Bobcats.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Move Hornets to Vegas. Change their names to Gamblers or something else Vegas worthy, give the Hornets name to Bobcats.
I would really like to see a team back in Seattle i mean they were there for 40 yrs. But i think with out there being ground broken on a Arena that they wont do it. And the teams look to be some where new by tip off of 2011-2012 season.

Vegas just seems that it would be to much of pain to deal with for the league. And the fact of chance of players getting paid off to throw a game goes up 100000%. Might be a reason there is no pro teams in vegas.

I really do like the idea of giving the bobcats the hornets name and burning the name and logo of bobcats. But have read that when and if team changes its name they would be called "flight" or "Legends" both sound cool to me. But old hornets logo and colors and having back the old honey comb paint area on the home court would be great to see back there.

But there might be to many bad memories for the charrlotte fans with happend the 1st time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I swear, people are so off base with the benchmark thing that it's sad.

The state and the team NEED a new lease. And the lease being opted out wouldn't mean the team moving is imminent. The fact that the NBA stepped in and outbid Kevin Ellison, who wants to, for some weird reason, move the team to San Jose, proves that the NBA wants to make the team work in New Orleans. BUT for that to happen they need an owner with local ties, Chouest is still in play, btw, and a new lease agreement.

I mean, we just booked a TV deal to allow much of the northshore (think nearly doubling the team's veiwing fanbase area) that were previously unable to watch Hornets away or even home games at home. That sound like a team that's in danger of moving away to you?

And the benchmark thing won't go away even if we did meet it. It'd start over. And also, the Oklahoma Thunder have a benchmark clause as well. Of course they'll have no problem meeting it, but just saying the benchmark thing coming up isn't indicative of anything, really.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 35

After their post-LeBron rebuild fails and crowds stay away from the Q, I'm guessing the Cavs will move eventually. They're at too much of a disadvantage in drawing players to play in Cleveland in the winter. I love basketball, but I think an NHL team would work better here since the players fit the Midwest, blue collar mold and don't care about partying on South Beach.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Idk the Hornets have actually had some decent crowds lately or atleast so it seems

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »