Home

Road to the Show 2010 discussions, impressions, and questions

This is a discussion on Road to the Show 2010 discussions, impressions, and questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Good or bad?
Good 59 74.68%
Bad 13 16.46%
Don't care 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Road to the Show 2010 discussions, impressions, and questions

So I started my new RTTS show last night and I really like the new "Result Play" option. I'm going to mess around with it some more to get the game time down a little bit because short games is one of the reasons I like RTTS, but it really made me feel more a part of the team seeing my teammates bat. The game I played last night took a little over 30 minutes where I had it set to see the result play of everything when my team was at bat as well as when I was in the field. I'd like my games to not take longer than 15-20 minutes, so I might change the fielding option to only be plays that I am a part of.

I do have a question about one of the play options though. For baserunning, I choose to only do baserunning as the lead runner. Well last night I was on first with a teammate on second and I still was controlling the baserunner, I expected this to be simmed. Wasn't it suppose to be?

The RTTS I started last night I made myself a 2B like every year and that will be my main RTTS for this year. But I really want to do one as a pitcher and a catcher this year as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Road to the Show 2010 discussions, impressions, and questions

It's about time we get one of these posts going. I love this game mode.

I was reading in the glitch forum that some people are having a freeze problem again in August, I hope I don't.

Anyway, I too was having problems with the options I selected in RTTS. I selected "none" in fielding and baserunner so all I do is bat, however, at the start of every home game, it shows me in the field for the first pitch of the game. Doesn't really bother me, but I didn't have this issue last year.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

That's strange. I only played away last night, so this only happened to you at home?

I really like that we start in AA this year rather than Spring Training. That'll make the invite to ST after year one very rewarding.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
That's strange. I only played away last night, so this only happened to you at home?

I really like that we start in AA this year rather than Spring Training. That'll make the invite to ST after year one very rewarding.
Yep, this only happened in my home game. Not sure why. I'm going to post in the glitch forum too.

Yeah, I liked it too. More realistic since you have no shot at making the show your first year anyway.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

all i have to say is holy trades batman. i created a 2b rtts player and was drafted by the white sox. i was pretty excited since this is where i want to play. little over a month into first AA season and i get traded to the cards. im thinking, ok this isnt a bad place to be. then im traded again after the allstar break (still in my first AA season) to the rockies. im still pretty stoked, since there is a very high chance i will be playing the rockies as my franchise once knight does his magic.

you think the trading would stop there, but it didnt. i get shipped out to the dbacks then traded again to the astros. i was traded 5 times in my first 2 years in the minors. i was moved up to AAA when i was in the chisox minors only to be traded a week later. i stayed in AAA till the end of my first season with the rockies, then signed a AA starting contract for season 2.

that second season i was traded twice and was in the astros organization at the AA level. now its the end of august but ive been promoted up to the show. so i went from AA to MLB in less than one season.

i was traded for kazuo matsui, and there really isnt any depth at 2b with the astros, so i think there is a good chance i will be staying in the majors in the next season. the irony of all this though, is that in '09, my first rtts player was a catcher who also was drafted by the white sox and who also first made it to the show with the astros. ony difference was that he was traded just one time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
all i have to say is holy trades batman. i created a 2b rtts player and was drafted by the white sox. i was pretty excited since this is where i want to play. little over a month into first AA season and i get traded to the cards. im thinking, ok this isnt a bad place to be. then im traded again after the allstar break (still in my first AA season) to the rockies. im still pretty stoked, since there is a very high chance i will be playing the rockies as my franchise once knight does his magic.

you think the trading would stop there, but it didnt. i get shipped out to the dbacks then traded again to the astros. i was traded 5 times in my first 2 years in the minors. i was moved up to AAA when i was in the chisox minors only to be traded a week later. i stayed in AAA till the end of my first season with the rockies, then signed a AA starting contract for season 2.

that second season i was traded twice and was in the astros organization at the AA level. now its the end of august but ive been promoted up to the show. so i went from AA to MLB in less than one season.

i was traded for kazuo matsui, and there really isnt any depth at 2b with the astros, so i think there is a good chance i will be staying in the majors in the next season. the irony of all this though, is that in '09, my first rtts player was a catcher who also was drafted by the white sox and who also first made it to the show with the astros. ony difference was that he was traded just one time.
Wow, that's a lot of trades. I really don't care what team I end up with as long as I get play time there. I started out in the Brewers organization because AA is my hometown team of the Huntsville Stars.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still love RTTS, but I very bummed out that trying to do one as a closer is still badly flawed. Everything was great as a setup man for a couple weeks, but when I got AA Closer, I got zero playing time. All my skills begin to slide and I cant reach my goals.

As a position player though I can happily say I am hitting right out of the game without having to change sliders dramatically. Around .400 in May and just became everyday in right.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I have a question. Are managerial and coaching changes actually tracked and listed in RTTS in any way this year? I remember in '09 the only way to tell if you had a new manager was to read the article in the newspaper thing at the beginning of Spring Training and the season, but there wasn't any way to find out who your batting/pitching/position coaches were.

I only ask because I know that there are different pros and cons that come with each particular manager/coach in franchise and I can only assume the same goes in RTTS. I remember last year I saved my game in the off-season where my stud pitcher was a FA and created two separate save files, one with the Cubs and one with the Brewers. And with this same exact guy I was getting different results with the two teams. My breaking balls had less movement on them and my stamina was slightly worse on the Cubs compared to what I was able to do on the Brewers.

It'd be kind of nice to see who's on the staff of the team you're on and what they bring to the table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »