Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's also a one game sample size.

As I mentioned above, to each their own.
And as I said I've played 10 games in my season so far and all but one were very low scoring affairs. The hitting is OFF, I assure you. I won '14, '15 and now '16 and have played them all pretty extensively. It seems there might be more variety in the hits, which I like (I got a triple with Wieters after hitting into the centerfield nook at Fenway) but the overall lack of hits is disturbing. I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #98
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
And as I said I've played 10 games in my season so far and all but one were very low scoring affairs. The hitting is OFF, I assure you. I won '14, '15 and now '16 and have played them all pretty extensively. It seems there might be more variety in the hits, which I like (I got a triple with Wieters after hitting into the centerfield nook at Fenway) but the overall lack of hits is disturbing. I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.
I haven't doubted what you said, the hitting is lighter this year. I've played them all too.

We just differ on what makes games more exciting. You like more 9-5 games and I like more 4 to 3 games.

Not that big of a deal.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:48 PM   #99
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.
Hi Twigg4075, you don't just need to hit the big part of the bat, you need to hit near the middle of the "big part of the bat". Actually just slightly past the middle towards the tip - aka the sweet spot of the barrel. The part with pine tar on it cannot be contacted at all. Near the pine tar or near the tip is considered a bad contact location. Also, in addition to a hitting the sweet spot, timing obviously factors in as well.

If you make contact on the sweet spot, with good timing, the only possible outcomes are a line drive or fly ball. And since both of those factors were good, it will also have good power on it.

If both factors are bad, you will only get a weak grounder (dribbler or chopper) or pop-up.

If one factor is good and one is bad (e.g. good contact location with bad timing; or vice versa), you will have some chance for all hit types. In this case, the biggest chance is for a hard groundball. The smallest chance is for weak grounders and popups. Also, the power will be reduced compared to the "good/good" outcomes, and greater than the "bad/bad" outcomes.

Hope that helps to clarify.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #100
Pro

Don't have the game but I have a question about this "hitting the ball on the sweet spot", is there some aiming involved with the bat using a stick? I had presumed it was simply timing based hitting.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Don't have the game but I have a question about this "hitting the ball on the sweet spot", is there some aiming involved with the bat using a stick? I had presumed it was simply timing based hitting.
You can move (or "slide", if you will) around the batter's box. So you can hit the ball on various parts of the bat depending on your position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #102
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
You can move (or "slide", if you will) around the batter's box. So you can hit the ball on various parts of the bat depending on your position.
So basically zone hitting except the hitter moves instead of the bat.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #103
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
So basically zone hitting except the hitter moves instead of the bat.
Once you start moving your hitter, the hitting opens up.

I was resistant at first because I thought it was unnatural. But that's the game. Move your hitter out to hit an inside pitch. Move closer to the plate to hit an outside pitch.

I typically move with the pitcher. It opens up the strike zone.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #104
MVP

Oaklandboy's Arena

So is R.B.I Baseball 16 worth getting since it's the only baseball game on XB1

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited by Oaklandboy; 04-18-2016 at 07:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »