Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #177
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

The biggest thing that I'm hoping for is that the interleague schedules rotate in franchise mode.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #178
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The biggest thing that I'm hoping for is that the interleague schedules rotate in franchise mode.
That would be great...
Old 01-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #179

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
That doesn't mean they can't answer the question. They know if it will happen or not.
They have, many times......
Old 01-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #180
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been buying this game faithfully without hesitation since 2007 in the PS2 days. That being said, there is definitely some hesitation this year regarding a definite purchase by me.

Franchise. This area of the game NEEDS to show me some sort of significant improvement. I'll be very clear - the gameplay is almost flawless, and the best out of any sports game. BUT The Show, for me personally in terms of Franchise Mode (I don't play DD or even RTTS for that matter), becomes very stale for me about a month or so into actually playing the game. The game has just been quite stagnant. Little changes within that don't play more into the big picture. I'm very eager to see what they've specifically have done to Franchise this year.

I know RTTS is probably the most played mode according to their statistics, but I truly feel like Franchise Mode needs the attention it deserves, I feel like its long overdue. I'm not sure exactly what that would entail, but the mode desperately needs some new ideas or something. It becomes the same old, same old. I do enjoy the Radio Show, but I feel like I need more interaction within my team - e.g. setting prices (as others here have stated) to different areas was such an incredibly simple way to make me feel like I was actually diving into a different area of the mode like I was able to, I don't know, "get on the fan level". It's the little things, little areas of the mode within Franchise that I feel a lot of us would benefit from and make us feel like a part of the bigger picture instead of just ....offseason, contracts, draft, ST, play a few games here and there, trades, etc etc.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that while it's nice to be able to do all these GM sort of things and be in control of the team we play as, I'd like to be more in charge of the little things. Stadium upgrades like "Your video board in CF appears to have missing pixels and needs an upgrade....would you like to etc or etc" ... "Word has been getting around from our fans in the bleacher sections that there aren't enough vendors in the area, would you like to hire more [select from different sorts of vendors]". Even creating your own little made up promotions or events. Such as scrolling over a date on the calendar and having an option to type something in that you made up like "Paratroopers pre-game event", "Joe Smith Day", "Free Hot Dog Day 18 & Under". Things like this.

Didn't mean to derail the thread, but depending on the kinds of things implemented into this years game, will alter for the first time ever whether or not I make the purchase, even with the insane, INSANE level of respect I have for all The Show devs.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #181
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Look at other games and their players models have change drastically from ps3 to ps4. Why has this not happened with the show?

That is my question to. This game looks basically like the game did on ps3 but with better lighting. Last gen this game had by far the best graphics of any sports game. Now the game doesn't look even close to has good has nba 2K or NHL and even madden has better graphics now. I fell like this game has gotten stale because game play wise this game has been almost perfect for a while but the graphics are lacking big time and also franchise mode has not really changed much for years now and is still missing the ticket prices stuff that used to be in the game and was taken out years ago. Franchise mode and graphics at this point are really lacking and about the only thing I care about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 12:22 AM   #182
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Look at other games and their players models have change drastically from ps3 to ps4. Why has this not happened with the show?
Well the only other sports game I play is NHL, and all I know is that the switch from PS3 (NHL 14) to PS4 (NHL 15) was one of the biggest downgrades in gaming history. That game was a joke and a major burn to anyone who bought it day 1, like me. But, you know, updated player models.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #183
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

I'm hard on the devs but in no way do Madden or NHL look better lol. First off NHL series has been the worst of any of them. It is also the easiest one to get right with no grass in sight and darker, contained stadiums.

Madden sucks but seems to be improving. We'll see.

MLB definitely needs a kick in the pants, and some problems are notoriously ancient at this point, but it is steadily going to be among the best looking games at some point. It's just taking a bit.

NBA is definitely a driving force with 2k; animations and player models are best in the business now, and it is the game closest to that near photorealism level atm.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #184
Rookie

NortheastKid's Arena

No expansion, but maybe relocation??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »