Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 05:12 PM   #145
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
This is what I love about SCEA as their transparency and willingness to show/prove their logic is near unasailable continues to keep my faith that the game will always improve YOY.
They are certainly the most transparent dev team among triple A developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #146
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Sorry DBacks fans. That's as far as I'm going into the topic considering how certain users feel about the unis.
Very disappointing. I'm hoping that at least they found a way to get the additional jerseys in for the teams that need them. Example, instead of all teams having equal slots for jerseys they take out duplicates(Yankees, Tigers, etc.) and give those slots to teams like the diamondbacks or brewers.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #147
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Very disappointing. I'm hoping that at least they found a way to get the additional jerseys in for the teams that need them. Example, instead of all teams having equal slots for jerseys they take out duplicates(Yankees, Tigers, etc.) and give those slots to teams like the diamondbacks or brewers.
Or even reducing the number of throwbacks, don't really see the need for two (or any tbh) when teams usually wear them once and then never again. Maybe just have the most iconic or unique one for nostalgia purposes.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #148
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

Haven't seen anyone else ask, so I will:

Sounds of the Show on PS4?

Ever?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:54 PM   #149
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
I was wrong to use 'literally' in my post. But yeah, after looking at PS2 screenshots, other than some minor tweaks, and some articulation improvements, they are the same player models.
I have to respectfully disagree. Even though I didn't have to watch video comparisons to know they were not the same, I decided to give your argument the benefit of the doubt and watch some videos anyway(Nothing else to do while waiting for my food to be delivered). I can now say with 150% certainty that there is nothing about the current game that can even begin to be compared to a PS2 game. It's barely even comparable to PS3. The current models are leaps and bounds above PS2 models. They could use some changes to the cloth textures sure, but they do not warrant even half the complaints that they get.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 01-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #150
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Naw if we gon do it, we gon do it big ya fell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
The only real improvement I'd like to see is animations. The wonky animations last year caused MANY routine fly balls to sail over outfielders heads and literally smack into an outfielder's mug without being caught. This alone was the most unrealistic aspect of the game last year and ruined the immersion for me completely. If they can fix the animations AND fix the fielder routes, I'll be happy. By fixing fielder routes, I mean the fact that if you don't take the perfect route to a fly ball and get there 0.1 seconds after you have to, the animation for the fielder to get his glove up in the air doesn't start and the ball sails over his head. This should NEVER happen. If the animations are fixed, this game will be stellar.
Then you might be happy to know that Ramone mentioned implementation of Human IK to help smooth out animations. I believe he also said they've added quite a few new animations.

I don't have any problems with routes as a lot of that can be changed with sliders, but I agree that the 'suction into the outfield wall' animation needs to go or be toned down--it's a killer with runners on base in a tag up situation because most runners can score from 2nd base.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 01-15-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:15 PM   #151
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Naw if we gon do it, we gon do it big ya feel me
Is that you Jameis?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #152
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Is that you Jameis?
Winner winner chicken dinner

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »