Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

The reason sounds of the show is up to Sony is because you can't import music onto the PS4 like you could the PS3. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason it's not there... It'd be cool if they could incorporate the use of Spotify into sounds of the show. Maybe that's something that could happen at some point
Old 01-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #210
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpmitch
The reason sounds of the show is up to Sony is because you can't import music onto the PS4 like you could the PS3. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason it's not there... It'd be cool if they could incorporate the use of Spotify into sounds of the show. Maybe that's something that could happen at some point
I know that. But like I said, San Diego Studios knows what, if anything, Sony is doing about it. I know they may not be ALLOWED to pass that information on, but that doesn't help the mounting frustration. Like I said, rip the bandaid off already.

Also, Spotify does nothing for me. For one thing, they won't have the vast majority of the music that I want to use. I also won't pay for music that I already own.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #211
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
I know that. But like I said, San Diego Studios knows what, if anything, Sony is doing about it. I know they may not be ALLOWED to pass that information on, but that doesn't help the mounting frustration. Like I said, rip the bandaid off already.

Also, Spotify does nothing for me. For one thing, they won't have the vast majority of the music that I want to use. I also won't pay for music that I already own.
It could be like a situation with my employer. Without disclosing whom I work for, my company provides for a srevice, while a sibling company under the same parent organization bills for the service. Even though we work technically for the same organization, by law we can't even talk to each other. Now, it may not be law, but it could be the same idea.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #212
Pro

OVR: 0

My guess is that developers would have to have access to USB storage while a game is running. Does anyone know of any PS4 game that allows access to USB storage during a game?

Even if they have access, they would have to reprogram Sounds of the Show to look for music there, and then tell the game what to do when the USB stick is pulled during a game.

It's just my speculation, but it doesn't seem like a trivial thing.

I think a good compromise would be to partner with Spotify to deliver real life walkup songs. Spotify would supply the music and licensing while The Show would have a trial code for Spotify in the case and the Sounds of the Show menu would say, "presented by Spotify" or something.

They would only need the first 30 seconds of each song.

Last edited by Spokker; 01-18-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #213
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

This thread is entertaining

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-18-2016, 04:20 PM   #214
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaker14
This game is stagnating and will continue to until another entity comes along to provide competition. And again I don't get the whole no stadium creator because of the classic stadiums but we will give you the same classic stadiums every year.
Looking forward to this year's game. I only buy it every three years because it feels like the same game, but this is my year in the rotation.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #215
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This thread is entertaining
What are you referring to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #216
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaker14
This game is stagnating and will continue to until another entity comes along to provide competition. And again I don't get the whole no stadium creator because of the classic stadiums but we will give you the same classic stadiums every year.
I don't understand why you don't get it, it was explained really well. I'm about 99% sure that Ramone was only using classic stadiums as an example, he didn't say that classic stadiums were preventing a stadium creator from being there. He was saying that tasking someone with the two year process of making a stadium creator would take them away from their normal duty, and make other parts of the game suffer. Also you keep saying the same classic stadiums we always get. We havent had classic stadiums in the game for several years now.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »