Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

No to basically everything lol
Old 01-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #130
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
It's called 'competition is good for the consumer'. Now, it's apparently acceptable to keep the same player models since the PS2 days. And yes, I know they are higher resolution, but they are, literally, the same player models. I cannot justify spending $60 for retractable roofs and a roster update.

thinking you might want to go ahead and jog your memory by watching some old clips of PS2 MLB The Show...
Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #131
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
This is what I love about SCEA as their transparency and willingness to show/prove their logic is near unasailable continues to keep my faith that the game will always improve YOY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #132
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That is literally 100% incorrect.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk
The problem lies within that statement though.

The player models look so similar from previous versions, that people are going to make erroneous statements like that, until something is truly done about the player models.

Not just the minor improvements we've seen like better skin color.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #133
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

If presentation and atmosphere have been updated, I'll be set. It needs a significant upgrade in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #134
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
If presentation and atmosphere have been updated, I'll be set. It needs a significant upgrade in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my number one hope for MLB The Show 16 too.

I don't hate the current presentation but it definitely has gotten to stale over the years. Even just some small changes like a new Home Run Stat overlay popup while the batter is rounding the bases just like you see on most real life TV baseball broadcasts would be a nice addition. I have been asking for these things for years and with luck a lot of luck actually we will get a brand new updated TV Style in presentation. But I will admit I am starting to lose some hope for any "Major" changes to the presentation.

I guess we will find out in a few more weeks

Last edited by tnixen; 01-15-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #135
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

I would love the Create A Stadium feature, but I am perfectly fine not having it. It would be a huge undertaking. I would be very content with just an ability to select from a pre-set list of 5 or so created stadiums, like Madden. Even better, create one in a tropical metro area to move the Rays into and another on a bay to move the Athletics into. If they did that, it would be cool to be able to select a few "default stadiums" or something before starting a franchise, so that if I start one with the Mariners, I can set that the A's and Rays move into them. I guess controlling all 30 teams would account for that, but it would be nice to avoid that.

Actually, the only thing that concerns me about the Twitter conversation is the uniform slots. Makes me believe the Mariners aren't getting their new cream jerseys that didn't make it last year, and makes me wonder about those teams getting new jerseys, like the Diamondbacks and Padres.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The problem lies within that statement though.

The player models look so similar from previous versions, that people are going to make erroneous statements like that, until something is truly done about the player models.

Not just the minor improvements we've seen like better skin color.
I was wrong to use 'literally' in my post. But yeah, after looking at PS2 screenshots, other than some minor tweaks, and some articulation improvements, they are the same player models.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »