Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #505
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Try RTTS mode and pan the camera left and right while fielding: it's a slideshow. Cutscene are important to a certain degree, some people want to taste the whole atmosphere of a baseball game. Broadcast camera is a pain to use because the framerate ( around 20 fps at best ). Fifa 15 is 60 fps, Pes 15 is 60 fps, Nba 2K15 is 60 fps, EA UFC is 30 fps but with a gorgeous graphic engine. MLB 15 use the same graphic assets of ps3 version, same old engine with some nice upgrade here and there, especially the lighting system and performance wise is a disgrace. It's a game from the past, from the old generation and just because i'm a baseball fan i can't close my eyes. They really need to work hard on performance and optimization to offer at least a rock solid 30 fps. It's a lazy work from a technical point of view. I don't get why people around the web praise this game for the beautiful graphic, for its superb engine. It's average. Maybe because there's only one baseball game to play. Why the review doesn't give a cent about this. Why baseball fan are good with that. If you don't raise your voice, next year it will be the same old show with the same old engine and a terrible framerate. There's no other sport simulation game with crappy perfomance like MLB 15. Just bash it, write this in the reviews, tell this to developers. Cause we all deserve a better work.

Haha....yeah okay.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #506
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
also on strike-outs it seems the next batter walkup has been axed.
About walkup's being skipped, is anyone getting the batters stats show up after the walkup is skipped. From my understanding if the walkup is skipped it should show the batter's stat osd after the 1st pitch,provided the batter is still at the plate.I see this all the time with cpu batter's stat's being shown after no walkup but if my batter's don't get a walkup there stats are never shown.

I have not played any franchise games yet so it may work in that mode.thinking of putting in a bug report but not sure if its just me seeing this.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:54 AM   #507
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm finally getting some games in(crazy busy)....and I feel I've gotten a good handle on this years version of MLBTS.

Graphics.
Okay.....I have to admit....in the past I've always said that graphics don't matter much. Gameplay...it's all about the gameplay. It's STILL about the gameplay, but this game looks so much better than '14. It's the colors and the lighting. The lighting is sick. It brings playing the game(okay...managing the games) to a different level. I've been sneaking my PS4 to work and getting in a game while I'm working out or on some down time. Guys who see the game are amazed.(They can't believe the E317 L165 B54 Sleepless Knights sign!!! in the beginning of games at Citi) Everything just looks so much better. Amazing. Caveat......that flash at night games is annoying. I hope they can fix that.
++++(out of five pluses)

Commentary
For those that are saying it's the same as last year.....you are right and wrong. Did anyone think they were going to scrap thousands of lines of commentary? If you did or do....you're kidding yourself and need to get over that.
Yes.....there are a lot of repeating lines. I agree and get that guys are tired of it. But there is also a lot of new commentary that is either not being heard because you haven't gotten into your season or it's being put on the side burner to complain about "the same old lines". It's not a ton...but it's there and if SCEA can figure out a way to really mix up the lines....and not have lines repeat in the same spots/same situations ....it would go a long way. This is one of the inherent problems with pre-recorded lines(instead of stitching together words/phrases...which has it's own problems)
If you do take a listen.....you will hear more about previous games/performances and some new color. Hearing the count more is a good improvement as well
++

Menus
Love 'em. A lot of info on them and more streamlined. I like the smaller font as well. They aren't a big deal to me like some, but they look clean and present some important info. One thing.....I wish a lineup was in the LINEUP box like in the rotation box. I also would like player names in the depth chart box(manage roster). For such a big menu OSD....it could give a bit more info than just the number of players.
+++

Radio Show
I'm giving this it's own slot just because it's new.
IMO...this is a GREAT addition. I've got a routine in using this now. After finishing my game....I don't listen to the radio show right away after. I use it as a "warm up" to my next game played. Right before playing I hit triangle and start the show.....I then go through my minor league stats.....check transactions......check the league injuries...etc.
While I like hearing the scores...it's the additional info that shines(at least a little in this first go around) for me. The call ups...the player performance...the standings and injuries. Hopefully they really add to these lines as these are the ones that make franchise more immersive.
The lines are a little stunted .....but if they add and smooth things out...BIG PLUS
++++

Gameplay
Okay....whatever it is...the new animations....the new fielding dynamics....the ball physics....or my imagination. I don't care...the gameplay feels SO MUCH better this year than in any other year. I love the new fielding animations that were added. Much more variety. This goes for hits as well. Gap shots look great and balls to the corners look much more realistic.
That being said......without some slider adjustments one of the problems from last year(to much station to station baserunning.....guys on second wouldn't try and score enough)....might have been slightly over corrected. A tad too aggressive...but only in some situations. I love the new base running most of the time...but question it some of the time.(thankfully...guys will finally take the extra base on a bad throw!)
But for the most part...this is the MOST FUN I've had with The Show and I've always loved the game(shocking!)...so that's saying a lot!
++++

I've left franchise mode out for now.....not enough time to fairly give my opinion.

M.K.
Knight165
I agree with everything you said except the fact that I need to " get over it" in terms of wanting new commentary. Your entitled to your opinion but alot of people feel the commentary is played out. It's an area that's been lacking and behind most other titles IMO.

it's really not just commentary either. The music between innings and before games has just been worn out to me. Maybe it's because I play the game so much but this year is the first year I've really been feeling " been there , done that"

SCEA took heat this year from critics (which personally I don't care about critics thoughts) about the lack of innovation this year. You have to admit that's a viable deduction to some. I feel the game plays fantastic and am more than ok with incremental improvements to gameplay every year because the game is that good. Changing commentary and presentation is the most logical step to freshen up the game without screwing up the good (analog hitting this year). It's also the area in which I feel the game is trailing others.

I dunno. Something needs to change for me next year. I think if they could get SOTS back in that would suffice for another year. I agree that they probably aren't going to scrap all the commentary they have but I also probably won't get over wishing they would.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #508
All Star

Quote:
Sure, this is a great representation of real baseball. My only concern is a big one and i don't know why nobody seems to care about it, even the reviews: framerate. Optimization wise it's probably the worst sport game i've ever seen. It's far away from 30fps and it hurts my eyes. We're around 20-25 fps, even in the "play" session. Just try to pan the cam while fielding, it's really atrocious. It's not me, nor my tv setting.

There is no way on earth that this game is below 30 no way. Most of the time it is 60 and at lowest like 45.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:08 AM   #509
All Star

Quote:
Try RTTS mode and pan the camera left and right while fielding: it's a slideshow. Cutscene are important to a certain degree, some people want to taste the whole atmosphere of a baseball game. Broadcast camera is a pain to use because the framerate ( around 20 fps at best ). Fifa 15 is 60 fps, Pes 15 is 60 fps, Nba 2K15 is 60 fps, EA UFC is 30 fps but with a gorgeous graphic engine. MLB 15 use the same graphic assets of ps3 version, same old engine with some nice upgrade here and there, especially the lighting system and performance wise is a disgrace. It's a game from the past, from the old generation and just because i'm a baseball fan i can't close my eyes. They really need to work hard on performance and optimization to offer at least a rock solid 30 fps. It's a lazy work from a technical point of view. I don't get why people around the web praise this game for the beautiful graphic, for its superb engine. It's average. Maybe because there's only one baseball game to play. Why the review doesn't give a cent about this. Why baseball fan are good with that. If you don't raise your voice, next year it will be the same old show with the same old engine and a terrible framerate. There's no other sport simulation game with crappy perfomance like MLB 15. Just bash it, write this in the reviews, tell this to developers. Cause we all deserve a better work.

way I don't know what game you are playing.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #510
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I agree with everything you said except the fact that I need to " get over it" in terms of wanting new commentary. Your entitled to your opinion but alot of people feel the commentary is played out. It's an area that's been lacking and behind most other titles IMO.

it's really not just commentary either. The music between innings and before games has just been worn out to me. Maybe it's because I play the game so much but this year is the first year I've really been feeling " been there , done that"

SCEA took heat this year from critics (which personally I don't care about critics thoughts) about the lack of innovation this year. You have to admit that's a viable deduction to some. I feel the game plays fantastic and am more than ok with incremental improvements to gameplay every year because the game is that good. Changing commentary and presentation is the most logical step to freshen up the game without screwing up the good (analog hitting this year). It's also the area in which I feel the game is trailing others.

I dunno. Something needs to change for me next year. I think if they could get SOTS back in that would suffice for another year. I agree that they probably aren't going to scrap all the commentary they have but I also probably won't get over wishing they would.

Just my 2 cents.

I didn't say you have to get over WANTING new commentary. You'll have to get over it if you are EXPECTING new commentary.
Everyone has their own threshold for what will compel them to buy and play a game.
It sounds like you've reached yours. I'm good with that. Fair enough.
I'm not even telling anyone to stop asking for it.(not YOU in particular).
But the "I can't believe they didn't get new announcers" line is ridiculous.(again...not you saying it...just in general)....that's where I bring in the "get over it" phrase.)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #511
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with cujomatty in saying that I want the commentary to either be greatly improved or completely redone with new announcers and a new approach to calling games. I will agree with some of the statements that there is no incentive to revamp the commentary, but even Mercedes and Lexus redesign and update their product once they feel they can't compete or the design is out of date. Unfortunately, for fans who feel that baseball commentary brings an important aspect to the feel of the game, no quality competition and a die hard fan base don't make the need for such an investment necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #512
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I didn't notice the alleged frame rate issues...

Now I'm going to play tonight and notice it and hate all of you who mentioned it. Thanks!

I seriously haven't noticed any issues...maybe I'm getting old.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »