Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #481
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Love the games as always. If there is one complaint I have (I know I'm in the minority with this possibly) it has to be the pace of play on broadcast...it feels like Fast Play. It's a bit sad to not have the ball followed into the stands as often as it did last year for fouls..ok I've began to live with that because at least seeing the whole batter follow-through sequence is kind of cool, but to cut short the throw from the catcher back to pitcher is a bit much...also on strike-outs it seems the next batter walkup has been axed. I just wish the game was slow paced like it used to be...and X could be used to skip if wanted. A+ game, but I do miss the slower "baseball" pace...especially how 99% rock solid the frame rate is this year...i want to behold all it's glory and only use X when i'm in a time crunch.

Last edited by brrmikey; 04-13-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #482
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
Love the games as always. If there is one complaint I have (I know I'm in the minority with this possibly) it has to be the pace of play on broadcast...it feels like Fast Play. It's a bit sad to not have the ball followed into the stands as often as it did last year for fouls..ok I've began to live with that because at least seeing the whole batter follow-through sequence is kind of cool, but to cut short the throw from the catcher back to pitcher is a bit much...also on strike-outs it seems the next batter walkup has been axed. I just wish the game was slow paced like it used to be...and X could be used to skip if wanted. A+ game, but I do miss the slower "baseball" pace...especially how 99% rock solid the frame rate is this year...i want to behold all it's glory and only use X when i'm in a time crunch.

Can't agree more. This game is truly amazing. But this part of it has been a little bit of a let down. I miss these elements.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #483
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

First of, this game is simply AMAZING! Not perfect, but truly a great game. One of the reasons why I jumped from 360 to PS4 and I am not even an MLB FAN! I am more of NHL and NFL fan.

I have just one observation in RTTS and I might be in the minority here. I made a 2B/SS position and my numbers are not that great in AAA, 128 AB, 2 HR, 12 RBI with .285. (im in Legend, Dynamic). I got promoted in early August to MLB team, Twins. Perhaps the reason for the early position is that there's no decent 2B in the team but there's like 2 players playing the same position 2B/SS and one of them is a rookie at 25 yo with a better stats than me.

So my point is, it is so easy to get to the MLB level even in a difficult setting. I know that everyone's target is to be in MLB, but can it wait until your 1st year in the minors? In '14, same thing happen to my pitcher and fielder, around August, got the call to the Majors.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #484
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Is it just me, or is the computer much more potent at the plate this year? After dominating MLB 14, I'm routinely getting smoked on 15. Frustrating, but at the same time it's kind of nice to think "oh ****" when I see Stanton come up.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:56 PM   #485
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Is it just me, or is the computer much more potent at the plate this year? After dominating MLB 14, I'm routinely getting smoked on 15. Frustrating, but at the same time it's kind of nice to think "oh ****" when I see Stanton come up.
It's for the better. This year's game has the best balance since I started playing back in 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #486
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I'm actually finding pitching way, way to easy. I struggled when I first got the game, but after I practiced and got used to it, I cruise through every game without many issues at all. I get even the best players out with ease. The last 6 or 7 games i have almost had to try to give up more than 2 runs. I tried moving up from AllStar to HOF, and I find that to be too hard. I'm stuck in the middle where Allastar is too easy and HOF is too hard. So I'm trying to mess with the CPU batting slider to see if I can even it out a little bit. So far I've had no luck. On every combination of sliders I either cruise to victory without a problem, or get slaughtered.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #487
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm finally getting some games in(crazy busy)....and I feel I've gotten a good handle on this years version of MLBTS.

Graphics.
Okay.....I have to admit....in the past I've always said that graphics don't matter much. Gameplay...it's all about the gameplay. It's STILL about the gameplay, but this game looks so much better than '14. It's the colors and the lighting. The lighting is sick. It brings playing the game(okay...managing the games) to a different level. I've been sneaking my PS4 to work and getting in a game while I'm working out or on some down time. Guys who see the game are amazed.(They can't believe the E317 L165 B54 Sleepless Knights sign!!! in the beginning of games at Citi) Everything just looks so much better. Amazing. Caveat......that flash at night games is annoying. I hope they can fix that.
++++(out of five pluses)

Commentary
For those that are saying it's the same as last year.....you are right and wrong. Did anyone think they were going to scrap thousands of lines of commentary? If you did or do....you're kidding yourself and need to get over that.
Yes.....there are a lot of repeating lines. I agree and get that guys are tired of it. But there is also a lot of new commentary that is either not being heard because you haven't gotten into your season or it's being put on the side burner to complain about "the same old lines". It's not a ton...but it's there and if SCEA can figure out a way to really mix up the lines....and not have lines repeat in the same spots/same situations ....it would go a long way. This is one of the inherent problems with pre-recorded lines(instead of stitching together words/phrases...which has it's own problems)
If you do take a listen.....you will hear more about previous games/performances and some new color. Hearing the count more is a good improvement as well
++

Menus
Love 'em. A lot of info on them and more streamlined. I like the smaller font as well. They aren't a big deal to me like some, but they look clean and present some important info. One thing.....I wish a lineup was in the LINEUP box like in the rotation box. I also would like player names in the depth chart box(manage roster). For such a big menu OSD....it could give a bit more info than just the number of players.
+++

Radio Show
I'm giving this it's own slot just because it's new.
IMO...this is a GREAT addition. I've got a routine in using this now. After finishing my game....I don't listen to the radio show right away after. I use it as a "warm up" to my next game played. Right before playing I hit triangle and start the show.....I then go through my minor league stats.....check transactions......check the league injuries...etc.
While I like hearing the scores...it's the additional info that shines(at least a little in this first go around) for me. The call ups...the player performance...the standings and injuries. Hopefully they really add to these lines as these are the ones that make franchise more immersive.
The lines are a little stunted .....but if they add and smooth things out...BIG PLUS
++++

Gameplay
Okay....whatever it is...the new animations....the new fielding dynamics....the ball physics....or my imagination. I don't care...the gameplay feels SO MUCH better this year than in any other year. I love the new fielding animations that were added. Much more variety. This goes for hits as well. Gap shots look great and balls to the corners look much more realistic.
That being said......without some slider adjustments one of the problems from last year(to much station to station baserunning.....guys on second wouldn't try and score enough)....might have been slightly over corrected. A tad too aggressive...but only in some situations. I love the new base running most of the time...but question it some of the time.(thankfully...guys will finally take the extra base on a bad throw!)
But for the most part...this is the MOST FUN I've had with The Show and I've always loved the game(shocking!)...so that's saying a lot!
++++

I've left franchise mode out for now.....not enough time to fairly give my opinion.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-14-2015, 01:41 PM   #488
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

Sure, this is a great representation of real baseball. My only concern is a big one and i don't know why nobody seems to care about it, even the reviews: framerate. Optimization wise it's probably the worst sport game i've ever seen. It's far away from 30fps and it hurts my eyes. We're around 20-25 fps, even in the "play" session. Just try to pan the cam while fielding, it's really atrocious. It's not me, nor my tv setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »