Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #513
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Is it just me, or is the computer much more potent at the plate this year? After dominating MLB 14, I'm routinely getting smoked on 15. Frustrating, but at the same time it's kind of nice to think "oh ****" when I see Stanton come up.
I couldn't agree more, for the first time ever playing the show, I don't mind getting dominated by the computer, due to the game playing so very well. A lot of the times when the computer starts to beat up on me, I can actually tell its because of my error, with either the pitch location or fielding/ baserunning mistake. except for the other day when for some reason no matter where I threw a pitch outside, inside, up or down, out of the strike zone in the strike zone the computer hit the ball right over my third baseman head 7 times in a row and each ball landed with in 5 to 10 feet of each other in the same spot.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 PM   #514
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I didn't say you have to get over WANTING new commentary. You'll have to get over it if you are EXPECTING new commentary.
Everyone has their own threshold for what will compel them to buy and play a game.
It sounds like you've reached yours. I'm good with that. Fair enough.
I'm not even telling anyone to stop asking for it.(not YOU in particular).
But the "I can't believe they didn't get new announcers" line is ridiculous.(again...not you saying it...just in general)....that's where I bring in the "get over it" phrase.)

M.K.
Knight165
I get what you were saying and I do see that side of it. I wasn't quoting your post because I was offended or anything. I respect everyone's opinon. On the internet and in real life too. I was more commenting on the fact that while I really agree with your post that part really stood out as something I disagree with. I wasn't offended and I hope you weren't either by my reply.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #515
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I get what you were saying and I do see that side of it. I wasn't quoting your post because I was offended or anything. I respect everyone's opinon. On the internet and in real life too. I was more commenting on the fact that while I really agree with your post that part really stood out as something I disagree with. I wasn't offended and I hope you weren't either by my reply.
Not at all my friend.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #516
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Playing a day game after a week of night games(in franchise) really makes you appreciate the graphics. I find myself admiring the dirt, grass and sky. Just a gorgeous game.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #517
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks to the Devs for actually reading these boards and making improvements over the years!

I just tried doing something that didn't work right last year, and they fixed it this year!

I had runners on 1B and 2B with 0 outs in the 8th inning. I just wanted to bunt them over, but my RP was batting. And he had a terrible bunt rating. Instead of wasting a bench guy, I threw in a SP with a decent bunt rating. In years past, the game would require this hitter (the SP) to face at least one batter in the next half inning. Well, I just tried it again and it actually let me bring in a new RP like I planned. Well done!

There are a bunch of other small things like that I have noticed this year already!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #518
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
...Pitchers still pound the strike zone too much, and are still too good at throwing a strike when they need one...
I jacked CPU Strike Frequency all the way down to zero and it helps a ton. Kept everything else at default, and it's a lot more realistic, thankfully.

Been getting some great games, where pitchers actually feel like they get in jams. Strike percentages and pitch counts at the end of games are right on point too.

Can't say this about previous versions of this game, and I tried just about every slider combination in the past too.

This is on All Star difficulty. I know in the past anything below All Star and you get a very high and unrealistic number of pitches inside the zone. Not sure if that's the same this year, but I can vouch for the setup mentioned above working very well (All Star difficulty, CPU Strike Frequency @ zero, all other sliders default).

Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #519
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
I jacked CPU Strike Frequency all the way down to zero and it helps a ton. Kept everything else at default, and it's a lot more realistic, thankfully.

Been getting some great games, where pitchers actually feel like they get in jams. Strike percentages and pitch counts at the end of games are right on point too.

Can't say this about previous versions of this game, and I tried just about every slider combination in the past too.

This is on All Star difficulty. I know in the past anything below All Star and you get a very high and unrealistic number of pitches inside the zone. Not sure if that's the same this year, but I can vouch for the setup mentioned above working very well (All Star difficulty, CPU Strike Frequency @ zero, all other sliders default).

Playing All-Star Quick Counts vs the 1987 Twins vs Mark Portugal I drew 7 walks
in 5.1 innings.

This with strike frequency at 4.

I am having no issues drawing walks on All-Star at a realistic clip. That was an excessive type game but he had lousy stuff and I was laying off some god awful out of the zone pitches with ease. I typically draw 1-3 walks a game...sometimes more sometimes less.

Quick Counts is conducive to more realistic stats with pitching, pitch counts, pitcher fatigue, strikeouts, walks etc. My opinion of course. But in offline franchise/season play I only use QC's

Online full games.

Oh and a new line of commentary that has me in stitches. When a batter get's hit by a pitch in the mid section Matt talks about getting hit in the ribs and then throws in this line:

"How much for a rib?"

Straight outta the movie "I'm Going To Get You Sucka".

Love it!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #520
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
...I am having no issues drawing walks on All-Star at a realistic clip...

...I typically draw 1-3 walks a game...
If you can't see the discrepancy there, then I don't know what to tell you. Average should be 3. Average. Makes a big difference too, like I say. But whatever, the kool aid here is a-plenty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »