Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #465
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I did not know we were getting a "winning" patch for the game?
We are getting that patch. I actually got it early through SCEA to give it a test run and it worked! I had back to back comeback wins against the Nationals in the 9th! And then in both games I was able to secure the win by shutting them down in the bottom of the 9th!

Awesome patch!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #466
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I find that very hard to believe because like 90% of the time I lead off at all the CPU we throw over. I even had the CPU throw over like 4 0r 5 times in a row before and have even had the CPU throw over when I don't take a lead. At the same time I have heard people talking about how the CPU will try to squeeze bunt a lot of times and I have never seen that once in all the years I have played this game since 08 lol. What do you have the pick off slider set at? I have already put in down to 4 may go even lower. I also hate that a lot of times if you take one step lead and the CPU throws over you get picked off even if the pitcher is right handed. You should never ever get picked off by a righty.
I play with everything at default, i never change sliders. Playing all star on both hitting and pitching default rosters.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #467
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
Up 3-1 in the 9th, man on first and it should have been a game ending DP but again, my defense commits errors at crucial times and now there are two men on.

Next man up hits a 3 run homer to put the AI up 4-3. 4 games in a row now where circumstances like that have happened.

I think it might be time to put the game down for now until first patch.
Wish the Nationals could get a patch, since they have lost four games just like you described. But I guess that doesn't really happen in Baseball.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #468
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I find that very hard to believe because like 90% of the time I lead off at all the CPU we throw over. I even had the CPU throw over like 4 0r 5 times in a row before and have even had the CPU throw over when I don't take a lead. At the same time I have heard people talking about how the CPU will try to squeeze bunt a lot of times and I have never seen that once in all the years I have played this game since 08 lol. What do you have the pick off slider set at? I have already put in down to 4 may go even lower. I also hate that a lot of times if you take one step lead and the CPU throws over you get picked off even if the pitcher is right handed. You should never ever get picked off by a righty.
When you say lead off, are you taking an extra step? Because if so, then I would expect the pitcher to throw over because you're taking a bigger lead, which typically means something is up, either a steal attempt or hit and run.

If you press the steal button before the pitcher starts his windup, that is, imo, like leaning towards second base. Again, I would expect the cpu to throw over.

And should never get picked off by a righty? You need to watch more baseball.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:34 AM   #469
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When you say lead off, are you taking an extra step? Because if so, then I would expect the pitcher to throw over because you're taking a bigger lead, which typically means something is up, either a steal attempt or hit and run.

If you press the steal button before the pitcher starts his windup, that is, imo, like leaning towards second base. Again, I would expect the cpu to throw over.

And should never get picked off by a righty? You need to watch more baseball.

Some times I take a extra step some times I don't but even if I take a extra step and change like are late or early I take the extra step I get a lot of throw overs. If you think a lot of righty's are picking off guys then I don't know what to tell you because righty's are almost never going to throw a guy out on a pick off. Like 95% of the time a guy is picked off it is going to be by a left hander. That is the big advantage that a left has lot harder to get a good lead and have to be a lot more alert to pick off moves.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #470
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Some times I take a extra step some times I don't but even if I take a extra step and change like are late or early I take the extra step I get a lot of throw overs. If you think a lot of righty's are picking off guys then I don't know what to tell you because righty's are almost never going to throw a guy out on a pick off. Like 95% of the time a guy is picked off it is going to be by a left hander. That is the big advantage that a left has lot harder to get a good lead and have to be a lot more alert to pick off moves.
I rarely take an extra step and I hardly see throw overs. Once in a while they will throw the ball over, but its on the low end. When I take an extra step, I get more throw overs, but again its not an over-abundance of throw overs.

LOL...you don't need to explain baseball to me, I'm vastly knowledgeable in the sport. I understand the advantages of a left handed pitcher vs a right handed pitcher when it comes to baserunning.

I never said a lot of righties are picking off runners. Your statement was that a runner should never ever get picked off by a righty. I suggested that you watch more baseball because there are times that a right handed pitcher with a good move to first will pick off a runner, especially if he takes a big lead, which you suggested is happening in your game. You take an extra step lead and you got picked by a right handed pitcher and you said that should never happen.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #471
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Wish that was true 2 days ago. Freaking Gardner...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #472
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know about you guys, but I let the catcher call the game. Unless I really disagree with the pitch selection, I let him call 95% of the game. I've been atrocious at hitting in this years version, but, I've been pitching pretty damn well. Hopefully my hitting picks up.

The show is awesome once again and I'm sure with a patch or two, it will go up and beyond what it has achieved already, greatness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »