Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #329
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
ladies and gentlemen let's get ready to rumble
You really couldn't find another picture to use?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:04 PM   #330
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

And just a couple of my own thoughts from the stream:

1. Game looks awesome. I love the lighting, stadiums, new animations, and sponsored gear. All of the graphics add a lot.

2. Love not only the trade finder, but the fact that you can ask for specifics, like prospects or MLB Ready. And, I love that you can do it both ways with selecting your player to get offers or selecting from other teams to see what it would take. Awesome features.

3. Love the off-season contracts and being able to lock down arbitration years when trying to extend. That is super sweet.

4. Radio show is awesome. I like that it starts with the relevant stuff to your division first.

5. I like that they rebuilt Franchise mode starting a couple of years ago and starting bringing in new stuff to build it up. It started with scouting and player development and now we are seeing real sponsors. Eventually, I would love to see things like stadium upgrades, pricing, and billboard stuff added back in (more things to do while listening to the radio show), but it's nice to see things coming back, and coming back and actually mattering relative to your franchise and income. I want to see that continue with being able to upgrade items with the money I make if my team is successful. And, have to cut back if we go through a rough stretch.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #331
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I watched the stream again and that state flag looks real nice. Will every team have their state flag or will just certain teams have one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #332
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe once the contracts are edited to their real numbers, some players will be very hard to trade.... Unfortunately I am going to have to deal with A-Rod & that horrible contract lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #333
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I watched the stream again and that state flag looks real nice. Will every team have their state flag or will just certain teams have one?
I think every team does.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #334
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Yes, they will all have the proper flags, whether state, city, division, etc.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #335
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Really digging the radio show, especially because it really is just a background feature so I can do other stuff meanwhile. I swear, I always watched the SportsCenter show on ESPN NFL 2K5, no matter how redundant it may have ever seemed. Just awesome to have that kind of presentation. It might get a little iffy hearing some of the nicknames too much of cities and team names, but a first year effort is a great one indeed! Digging how he acknowledges some of the really small things.

Also, I don't get why [was it Kirby?] said it was a little overcast at 37:18. I thought that was what the dusk sky looked like. If they have a different one that I haven't seen, I'd love to check it out! But if I remember correctly, they chose the clear skies option before starting that Yankees game.

This game impressively only took strides in the right direction this year, and sports games don't always do that. There are some options here I don't/won't use that I'm seeing used a lot, but that's all what is great about this game. I'm also appreciative of an 11:00 and 4:00 start time option. I'm guessing Sunday Night Baseball games on the west coast will utilize the 4:00 option and they'll use 11:00 on Patriots' Day for the Red Sox.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #336
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd suspect you have to use them in MLB15.

The 2014 Atlanta Braves say hi... seriously, what you're basically asking for is programmed artificial emotions. It is possible, but not in the video game realm. #skynet

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Uh, they totally exist, man. In video games. It's fairly basic relationship stuff. Good things happen, loyalty points go up. You might use systems that are already in place to do it, too, including fluid progression of loyalty over time using the player skill progression system. You probably just have to figure in the computational load, and hope that system isn't completely, irreversibly hardcoded to measure only certain aspects.

Last edited by Grub; 02-28-2015 at 12:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »