Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #337
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Outstanding stream. Loved almost everything I heard/saw. The radio show is a great touch. I don't know if this is in this year, but I really hope that there is some "Hot Stove" discussion about possible trades and an offseason show to talk about player movement, contract offers, offseason trades, etc.

The visuals looks great, the new contracts are fantastic. The gameplay could still use some fine-tuning, but I've enjoyed it every iteration before and I will again this year.

Watch me play video games
Old 02-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #338
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
There are a few culprits - Batted balls down the line have little to no slice, the playing surface has excessive friction, and balls are not hit as hard as in real life.

I remember a few years ago there was a presentation package centered around batted ball velocity and Karros would wet his pants over a 100 MPH line drive... when guys are routinely hitting 110+ MPH HRs in real life. If a guy can hit a homerun that goes 110 MPH, then surely he can hit a line drive 120 MPH. One solution should be upping the power slider, but then you get too many homeruns.

Honestly, I shouldn't have to choose between realistic hits down the line and realistic number of home runs. This issue has been in the game for years and has been mentioned many times in the past. Why we're still seeing this is beyond me considering it's clearly a gameplay issue that affects the realism directly and literally never happens in real baseball. People argue about stirrups being too high and hats being at the wrong angle, but this is a direct gameplay issue that is as unrealistic as it gets.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #339
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Honestly, I shouldn't have to choose between realistic hits down the line and realistic number of home runs. This issue has been in the game for years and has been mentioned many times in the past. Why we're still seeing this is beyond me considering it's clearly a gameplay issue that affects the realism directly and literally never happens in real baseball. People argue about stirrups being too high and hats being at the wrong angle, but this is a direct gameplay issue that is as unrealistic as it gets.

It seems like if you lowered friction in the outfield and increased hit slice (or even just one of these), you could solve this issue with no damage done to home run frequency.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:33 AM   #340
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
It seems like if you lowered friction in the outfield and increased hit slice (or even just one of these), you could solve this issue with no damage done to home run frequency.

Yes but I'm willing to bet if you lower outfield grass friction, you'll also be turning hard hit, line drive singles into right fielders throwing runners out at first base.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #341
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I loved almost everything in the stream, especially the Trade Finder. One thing that did worry me was listening to the game results on the radio show, there still seems to be too many complete games by starting pitchers in simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #342
MVP

Houston's Arena

All these look like great additions just hoping all of the same features they did in franchise will all be included and work the same in "Online Franchise".
Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 AM   #343
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Yes but I'm willing to bet if you lower outfield grass friction, you'll also be turning hard hit, line drive singles into right fielders throwing runners out at first base.

You'd just have to tweak the right fielder's logic then.

In real life, right fielders almost NEVER throw to first unless a runner gets caught going to second on a fly out or line out. So really the right fielder should never be throwing to first on a single.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:57 AM   #344
Rookie

you guys should update signature practice swings next year and allow 2 or 3 swings before pitch a lot of generic and wrong practice swings for guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »