Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Tried my best by asking at least 10 times if we will have correct schedule rotation in future years but got no answer

Everything looks fantastic though, the graphics look to have improved a lot. The lighting is making a huge differnce to the colours making everything look how it should.

Only small thing I saw that hasn't been fixed is the white stripe on the left shoulder of the sox black Jersey. Seems to be a weird legacy bug that affects only some jerseys.

Love what they have done with Franchise, radio is a massive step in right direction and like what I heard frm it.

The next 4.5 weeks are going to be a chore!
If your meaning if the schedule will mimic real life schedules in year to year saves then no. They've already said it will continue to make its own schedules with the franchise you already started year after year like it has in previous versions.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #210
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I hear what your saying on this, but I do not at all blame the devs for making the budgets the way they did. Since a) they are not allowed to use real contracts in the game and b) I'm guessing MLB would NOT allow them to set in-game budget sizes based on real life market sizes either.

So for the Cubs, if you want a budget to mirror real life (which their payroll could theoretically be in the top 10, if not top 5 based on the size of the Cubs' market), there a couple options.

1. - You can keep having winning seasons so your budget increases every year. This is probably a good choice since that is likely how the real life Cubs budget will increase - incrementally over the next few years as they sign young talent to long term deals and bring in additional free agents as needed.

2. - And/or you can edit contracts to be higher prior to starting your franchise so their budget is calculated higher when starting your franchise.
Not really true. Played 8 seasons last year with the cubs small budget. Made playoffs from 2016 to 2021. Still had a very small budget. Increases were minimal and had to dump many great players because of it. I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed to hAve market size budget . I understand not having real contracts. But having the Cubs last year as a small market team was very frustrating.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #211
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
If your meaning if the schedule will mimic real life schedules in year to year saves then no. They've already said it will continue to make its own schedules with the franchise you already started year after year like it has in previous versions.
No I mean will the inter league schedule rotation be correct in consequent years within franchise.

Edit: which actually thinking about your answer makes me think it hasn't been resolved and is another legacy issue.

Last edited by merchant1874; 02-27-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #212
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Look at their numbers from last year when they were both healthy.
Pretty close...

Bumgarner was another beast in the postseason, and for that I think their clutch rating should be different....

Overall, I think they should be in fact rated the same however.
Jose Fernandez was a 94 last year while Bumgarner was an 89. I'm having a hard time understanding why Fernandez dropped, unless his entire '14 season was thrown out and his durability was reduced. It just doesn't add up.

I can see Bumgarner getting a boost but only a marginal one - More K's and less walks, but more HR's and a higher AVG against... And if you want to get ultra technical about clutch, he had a 0.19 clutch rating in ~52 IP in the playoffs, extrapolate that to a full season and you get ~0.8, which make him about as clutch as Aaron Harang was during the regular season.

But I'm not sweating it, I'm not invested in either team. Just making an observation.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #213
MVP

eric7064's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Jose Fernandez was a 94 last year while Bumgarner was an 89. I'm having a hard time understanding why Fernandez dropped, unless his entire '14 season was thrown out and his durability was reduced. It just doesn't add up.

I can see Bumgarner getting a boost but only a marginal one - More K's and less walks, but more HR's and a higher AVG against... And if you want to get ultra technical about clutch, he had a 0.19 clutch rating in ~52 IP in the playoffs, extrapolate that to a full season and you get ~0.8, which make him about as clutch as Aaron Harang was during the regular season.

But I'm not sweating it, I'm not invested in either team. Just making an observation.
Tbh at first glance it looks as if ratings as a whole have been dropped a bit this year. Obviously I haven't seen all teams but it seems there were less 90'S. More 80's and alot more 70s. Could be wrong though.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #214
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

The more i think about it the more the radio show is not worth the time, money or effort, think about it, in mlb 14 the show they tried to speed the game up by adding quick counts, now after every game add another 10 minutes to listen to the radio show, so lets say i only want to hear the radio show once every other day, on the days i dont listen to the radio show will thhere be a update bar at the bottom of the screen so i could just read the scores or milestones like last year? Its almost like Mlb adding more and different challenges and then adding pace of play changes, it kinda counteracts the whole point in my opinion, having said all that, i will give it a chance, if you want people truly engaged in there franchises then get a baseball tonight type tv show with scores and all that, like a certain football game used to do in 2005. Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #215
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

Not gonna lie when I first heard they were gonna do a show I thought it was going to be something like NBA 2K has with Shaq and Ernie which I love, but I think this is definitely a good platform to start and build off of. Who knows maybe next year they will have it where you can actually watch top plays from the games or the top 10 plays of the week and this guy is broadcasting it while it shows. That would be pretty sweet.

I would suggest doing something like that while the game loads but with the new and improved load times you wouldn't be able to watch much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #216
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
The more i think about it the more the radio show is not worth the time, money or effort, think about it, in mlb 14 the show they tried to speed the game up by adding quick counts, now after every game add another 10 minutes to listen to the radio show, so lets say i only want to hear the radio show once every other day, on the days i dont listen to the radio show will thhere be a update bar at the bottom of the screen so i could just read the scores or milestones like last year? Its almost like Mlb adding more and different challenges and then adding pace of play changes, it kinda counteracts the whole point in my opinion, having said all that, i will give it a chance, if you want people truly engaged in there franchises then get a baseball tonight type tv show with scores and all that, like a certain football game used to do in 2005. Thanks
I don't think you are forced to listen to it. I got the impression watching the live stream that the Radio show was something they manually kicked off when they wanted to listen to it and not something that played automatically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »