Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #825
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

One thing I'm wondering about with the carry-over saves is what will happen to guys who didn't have thier real cyberface in the initial roster file, many of those players are created ones, so I'd assume that they'll never get a real face even if it's added to a later iteration of The Show. Giving us the possibilty to add it faces manually would be an option. I'm a real sucker for such things as faces lol..

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #826
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7
How did i know knight would be excited haha! But I agree with both of you guys. Although we all want more stats and things (and I know they'll happen in future), the biggest thing I want is more immersion in my franchise. I think the radio show will do that. Helps us buy into what is going on in our own leagues. I love watching MLB Tonight each night, I hope this will do the same for me. Anyway...veterans I'm still interested in how hyped you are compared to the past.
I feel like I am qualified to comment on this. 15 years ago, I was on this board and contributing to the High Heat PC series which was AWESOME for it's time. My OVR of a 1 is reflective of my USMC and baseball hiatus after the death of that series and I never felt like the void was really filled until The Show started to evolve. The board was like-minded in that gameplay and realism was king above all, which is probably reflective of the time. There was also a good amount of humor and random posts like this one quoted next which I still enjoy! GrogtheNailer was one of the best at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Now, there are a lot of people on here who are very detail-oriented into things like sleeve lengths (sorry Factzzz - tho could you spoiler those images in the future?) but gameplay is still king for me. That said, something like hundreds of new animations might excite the graphicphiles but it also excited me as well because they translate to better gameplay. Having the fielder rush on a groundball or back up on a high hop applied correctly is a huge deal. No more seeing the fielder back up for slow rollers and watch slow runners like Konerko be safe is a huge deal and positively affects gameplay. Editing contracts is huge for realism especially in roster building. I still don't care about a Nike swoosh showing up on a wristband, the players are represented more than enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
"New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners"

Any information on what that means? New speed rating method for players? New way players move?

Last year it seemed that players speed was tied into steal ability, meaning, a player who had previously stole x-amount of bases had that figured into his speed rating. Is that different this year?
My educated guess is that which I just referenced - fielding animations based on the paradigm of hit quality and base runners' speed rating to have the proper reaction and fielding animation. I could be wrong, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
You may be right about that. But, when entering the mode, the amounts reset based on player ratings/position. So, in essence being able to edit them outside of the mode is only useful if they don't reset upon entering the mode.

I'd have to imagine that SCEA knows how much effort is put into OSFM every year and would help us out if they can.
I know that I have seen a Dev post referencing their use of OSFM rosters in their own games. I have also seen evidence of SDStudios acknowledging the influence of this specific communities impact on things important to SDStudios management on these boards though I won't specifically reference where. It makes me sad when I see people arguing over equipment licenses and tattoos when I see how much they listen to us and do their best within the confines of budgets and laws.

Last edited by rjackson; 02-02-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #827
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
One thing I'm wondering about with the carry-over saves is what will happen to guys who didn't have thier real cyberface in the initial roster file, many of those players are created ones, so I'd assume that they'll never get a real face even if it's added to a later iteration of The Show. Giving us the possibilty to add it faces manually would be an option. I'm a real sucker for such things as faces lol..
The answer is no. Whatever faces you have in your 14 file will carry over to 15. If you want updated cyberfaces you'll have to start over in 15. Same thing goes for SCEA players that get new updated scans.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 02-02-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #828
MVP

OVR: 0

What pumps me up about the radio show, is it says every new day, there's a show. That tells me a lot got put into this, and oh man, I might be the most excited person for this for obvious reasons!!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #829
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The answer is no. Whatever faces you have in your 14 file will carry over to 15. If you want updated cyberfaces you'll have to start over in 15. Same thing goes for SCEA players that get new updated scans.
I see. Giving us the option to edit player/faces would for sure be awesome though, maybe one day.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #830
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
What pumps me up about the radio show, is it says every new day, there's a show. That tells me a lot got put into this, and oh man, I might be the most excited person for this for obvious reasons!!
Let's see how good it'll be. Fifa also has some kind of radioshow, just telling the game results, not bad but definetly nothing exciting. But can potentially be amazing if done well.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #831
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
I see. Giving us the option to edit player/faces would for sure be awesome though, maybe one day.
You can still edit the faces of the created players even with carry over saves. You just can't edit SCEA faces like Trout, Machado etc... You'll still be able to edit guys like Tommy La Stella or Brandon Finnegan if you use the carry over save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #832
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

I like that we get 10 new minor league stadiums but I had an idea!
Since a lot of people (including myself) have asked about create a stadium the last few years and even though we haven't received this wish yet (I'm sure it's been discussed and requires a lot of time and memory) how about instead of minor league stadiums they make 10 major league stadiums that we can use in franchise mode (and other modes)? Not exactly create a stadium but it would be a great start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »