Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #849
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Ramone already confirmed they would be in.
seriously??? I missed that. that's really shocking to me. isn't the blenchers going to missing on opening day in real life? that makes we wonder why ball park village at busch wasn't in the game last year, and wasn't there some renovations done to the dodgers stadium that didn't make it in last year as well?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #850
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Wrigley's renovations are more than likely not in the game this year on all systems. since the renovations are not even completed yet.
Ramone has confirmed that the renovations for Wrigley will be in this years game. As well as the reno's at Progressive Field.

Also, forgive the dumb question, but what exactly is a "Trade Finder". I don't play any other sports games so I'm not familiar with it, I'm just curious what it is exactly. Does is search all previous trades, or find some potential returns for your current players, or something else entirely?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #851
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Ramone has confirmed that the renovations for Wrigley will be in this years game. As well as the reno's at Progressive Field.

Also, forgive the dumb question, but what exactly is a "Trade Finder". I don't play any other sports games so I'm not familiar with it, I'm just curious what it is exactly. Does is search all previous trades, or find some potential returns for your current players, or something else entirely?
This.
10char
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #852
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

That's awesome. Sounds like a great new feature, considering all the trial and error of the old way of trading.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #853
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

It will find potential deals/returns for you.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #854
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
That's awesome. Sounds like a great new feature, considering all the trial and error of the old way of trading.
It can be, but you also abuse the hell out of it. With the way that trades were, they don't account for prospects as much. So you can choose Francisco Lindor from the Indians, and it will bring up all the trades that the Indians would accept for him. Let's say you are the Red Sox. You get 2 possible trades:
Red Sox receive:
Lindor

Indians receive:
Bogaerts, Betts and Travis Shaw.

Trade 2
Red Sox receive:
Lindor

Indians receive:
Edward Mujica

This is obviously a hypothetical but 95% of the users will choose trade 2 over trade 1 because they are giving up a not so good reliever instead of 3 top young players. So as long as the trade logic is good then it is a benefit. But you still should consult the trade value chart and trade discussion thread.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #855
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It can be, but you also abuse the hell out of it. With the way that trades were, they don't account for prospects as much. So you can choose Francisco Lindor from the Indians, and it will bring up all the trades that the Indians would accept for him. Let's say you are the Red Sox. You get 2 possible trades:
Red Sox receive:
Lindor

Indians receive:
Bogaerts, Betts and Travis Shaw.

Trade 2
Red Sox receive:
Lindor

Indians receive:
Edward Mujica

This is obviously a hypothetical but 95% of the users will choose trade 2 over trade 1 because they are giving up a not so good reliever instead of 3 top young players. So as long as the trade logic is good then it is a benefit. But you still should consult the trade value chart and trade discussion thread.
I don't disagree, but you could abuse the hell out of the trades in previous games as well, just had to be willing to spend the time making offers until you found a sucker. I totally rebuilt my Cubs franchise by unloading dead weight contracts for A and B potential prospects. In the real world, nobody is going to take Edwin Jackson for a 20 year old A rated prospect, but you could swindle the CPU like this if you had enough patience to keep trying trades with enough teams.

so let's see how improved the trade logic is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #856
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
You can still edit the faces of the created players even with carry over saves. You just can't edit SCEA faces like Trout, Machado etc... You'll still be able to edit guys like Tommy La Stella or Brandon Finnegan if you use the carry over save.
For me the faces aren't as big of a deal as the names. I hope that with the players being in the base roster set we can choose and assign their names to existing caps. I hate using Arismendy Alcantara and hearing them announce "now batting #7".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »