Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #289
Pro

OVR: 10
Now they just need to update Dwyane Wade and put his beard in and new body frame. He is a much slimmer player than in the game now still toned though
Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #290
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestiux
We aren't even halfway into the NBA season yet. I couldn't imagine that 2K would just give up now on issues.
then you must be new to yearly sports franchises. i hope they can and do continue to patch as well.

but at some point they have to allocate resources towards next years version and abandon development of last years version.

this usually happens waaaaaay before halfway through the actual nba season.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 12-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #291
Pro

Saro1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

When it will be available in Europe?
Old 12-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #292
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Anyone have a pic of MCW?

And please tell me "soon" for Xbox can mean tonight sometime?

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just downloaded the patch and played a game online. Gameplay is just as wonky as ever to me. I know one game isn't a big sample size, but the same glaring holes in the gameplay are still there. Also, the only thing I do is play online, so that's the only thing I know.

- Several improvements made to defensive movement to make it more responsive.

Not fixed. I play the center on D so I never noticed this in the first place. The guy was guarding my PG though, and I'd just go by him every time.

- Fixed several issues preventing shooting fouls from being called at a high enough frequency for both the user and CPU.

Thought there were too many fouls to begin with, still do, but didn't notice an increase.

- Fixed 3PT line recognition for jump shooters to prevent them from stepping over the line when attempting 3PT shots.

Never thought this was a big problem. Made a couple twos that I thought were gonna be threes, but that's basketball. I didn't see any animation with someone toeing the line or anything.

- Pass speeds have been increased to reduce "floaty" passes.

Not fixed. A huge issue for me and it's definitely still there.

- Increased the AI's usage of 3PT shots to better match real life NBA statistics.

N/A

- Implemented a ****** walk-up state and new back-to-basket walk launch to get rid of the "hunchback" walk-ups. Also made it easier to dribble walk in general.

Not a big deal to me, never tried to dribble walk. The jog dribble is fine for me.

- Disabled technical fouls due to excessive timeouts in online games to prevent griefing.

Great news for MyTeam. I didn't test it obviously, but I assume they know if they got this one right or not.

- Fixed overpowered behind-the-back dribble moves.

I used it a little bit before, definitely could tell there was a nerf.

- Addressed several cases of control unresponsiveness in the dribbling system.

Not fixed. My guy still magnets to defenders in a variety of situations. One double team situation was super ugly. Couldn't steer away from it no matter how hard I tried

- Tuned interior and contact shot success for more predictable outcomes.

Definitely not fixed. Pounded the rock inside just to test this as it was another big issue for me. Missed just as many easy looks as before.

- Reduced contact dunk frequency for Posterizers in all game modes.

Westbrook had two and one dunks, didn't seem fixed to me.

- The AI will now evaluate more options rather than always doing "auto-putbacks" off of offensive rebounds.

Didn't see anyone go for bad putbacks, seems fixed.

- Several improvements made to balance offensive and defensive rebounding.

Seemed ok before, seems ok now. Still saw a bunch of situations where my AI guys could've went for a ball right in front of them and didn't. Not sure if that's what this fix meant.

- More impactful penalties instituted against "zig-zag" 3PT exploit.

Not sure what this was. Sounds good though.

- Corrected a case where block inputs were being dropped near the basket.

Fixed. Kinda. Fixed as in yes, when you press triangle your guy will jump. Not fixed because it doesn't help. Your guy still starts the back-pedal-hands-up-give-up move, but now at least you can jump out of it. The only problem is that it's too late, I never affected a shot, and usually got an and one called.

- Increased the frequency of reaching fouls.

Didn't notice, neither of us were reaching

- Tuned defensive closeout speed and effectiveness.

Not sure. Need to play more games. Did see a couple non-closeout closeouts.

- The shot meter is now enabled during free throw situations.

- Reduced the frequency of moving screen violations.

As a pick n roll guy, thank you. I didn't get to test it, as like I said I was just running by this guy without need for picks or moves or anything.

- Fixed an exploit in which the user could continually engage and disengage from the Post to get to the basket.

Never saw it used too much, still didn't.

The rest were either minor or open and shut cases like the timeout glitch or stuff I never noticed in the first place. My biggest concern, randomness of 3pt fg success, was never addressed, not mentioned in the notes, and definitely not fixed. It's a damn shame. Also, as a guy who uses the center on defense, I'm still disappointed in the inability to be effective.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #294
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just wanna be able to move on defense like my player is wearing sneakers and not greasy roller blades on a wet floor.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #295
MVP

OVR: 10

I apologize if this was addressed earlier, I admit I haven't read every single post in this thread.

Have any of you noticed any improvement in the CPU's ability to drain great shots at the end of the shot clock.

The computer's ability to bail itself out of excellent Defense by me, time and time again, right as the shot clock buzzer goes off is my #1 complaint and issue. Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #296
Banned

Has on ball defense been improved? Previously the defender I was controlling would skate all over the court.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »