Home

Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Since when did "I can't hit this shot" become "the shot is broken"?

And "You can hit the shot" become "you are editing and cheating"?

Some of you lot never would have lasted in the Nintendo/Sega days, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #106
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I appreciate the video, but it didnt prove anything to me.

1. I dont know if that is korvers unedited real shot.
2. Dont know if that is an offical 2k roster.
3. I can go edit korvers shot and get 100 green releases right now.
4. I dont think you are lying you just arent shooting with the current 2k roster korver release everyone else is.
5. If you use korvers real shot on the 2k roster you cant get green.
6. Other members of the forum have already changed glitched and broken shots to shots that are almost identical and got green. You cant see the difference on the shots but the shots are not the same.
7. So I appreciate the video but watching the video i suspect its not the same shot.

To be clear none of this is aimed at you homeboy. I don't do internet negativity and wouldn't hate on you for what you seem to honestly believe. I have already posted videos of korvers shot. I will do one more just for you. And in the video I will show the roster file and the settings before i shoot. You showed the settings but you were probably shooting with an altered shot that is different then the one korver currently has. Now had you shown a current 2k roster file and then a green release I would shut up and agree with you. But that won't happen.
Ignorance is bliss my man. No dispespect but I told you what roster was used and in my second post I told what his shot form was. No worries though, It will happen, again. Funny enough, I had it recording with me loading up the 11/9 2Kroster but then my connect called so I had to restart with it already loaded up.

I don't have time to lie on 2K bro, that's silly as hell. I wish you would just take my word but I got you, again.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #107
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Ignorance is bliss my man. No dispespect but I told you what roster was used and in my second post I told what his shot form was. No worries though, It will happen, again. Funny enough, I had it recording with me loading up the 11/9 2Kroster but then my connect called so I had to restart with it already loaded up.

I don't have time to lie on 2K bro, that's silly as hell. I wish you would just take my word but I got you, again.
Just so we are clear. I wouldnt call you a lie. Don't know anything about you so as far as I am concerned you are 100. I only speak about what I am 100 percent sure of. I should do a better job at not directing my posts at you. I know that the shot releases differ from one console to the other so it wouldnt be unreasonable to belive that we are shooting from different rosters or different shots. That was my point. Not to accuse you of anything.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #108
Rookie

even if some can hit green with him, my issue with the korver (or klay thompson) shot is...he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba. his window to hit green should not be so small.

i mainly play mycareer, so i didnt know bout "broken shots" before i read it here. broken might be the wrong word too. you can still hit with him several times with a b+ shot.
maybe its me and i just cant master his shot, but i have taken over 250 shots with him and the only time i got a green release was when i was near the paint.
im way better with so many lower rated guys. so some kind of issue does exist with couple of shots, imho.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #109
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Just so we are clear. I wouldnt call you a lie. Don't know anything about you so as far as I am concerned you are 100. I only speak about what I am 100 percent sure of. I should do a better job at not directing my posts at you. I know that the shot releases differ from one console to the other so it wouldnt be unreasonable to belive that we are shooting from different rosters or different shots. That was my point. Not to accuse you of anything.
It's all good, man. Even though you created a list of why my video was trash but seriously I watched your video...

I didn't see you load up any roster in the beginning but truthfully, I don't care. The shot looks the same so that's all that matters to me. I watched about two minutes of you shootings; this is gonna be piss you off (and I may be wrong) but to me, it looks like your off by a millisecond. When you were shooting those slightly lates and they were dropping, if you would release just a LITTLE earlier I'm confident a few would be goochie.

I remember when I used to play Mortal Kombat back in the days and I could never string together combos and finishing moves like my friends but if we put on NFL Blitz, it was a wrap! I guess my point is, we all have our strong and weak points...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #110
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109

So just like xbox one and ps4 current 2k rosters are allegedly the same they are not when it comes to shot releases. On my twitch page I show the difference between the two consoles with allegedly the same rosters. Milsap, carroll and antic can get perfect on xbox but not ps4. Thabo can get green on ps4 but not xbox one.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #111
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13CB55
even if some can hit green with him, my issue with the korver (or klay thompson) shot is...he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba. his window to hit green should not be so small.

i mainly play mycareer, so i didnt know bout "broken shots" before i read it here. broken might be the wrong word too. you can still hit with him several times with a b+ shot.
maybe its me and i just cant master his shot, but i have taken over 250 shots with him and the only time i got a green release was when i was near the paint.
im way better with so many lower rated guys. so some kind of issue does exist with couple of shots, imho.
I agree, it should not be really hard with elite shooters like Klay and Korver. If anything, they should be the easiest. Agree 1000%. The shot meter is not broken but it definitely needs to be tuned more, that's a fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #112
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Since when did "I can't hit this shot" become "the shot is broken"?

And "You can hit the shot" become "you are editing and cheating"?

Some of you lot never would have lasted in the Nintendo/Sega days, lol.
I get your point but download the latest roster and shoot with Korver from 3pt land on HOF Sim and see if you get a green excellent release. Something is wrong with getting a perfect release with a bunch of players when you go to HOF Sim and shoot from three. You can call it glitching, broken but he isn't using the latest roster though that's clear.

Releases are not that hard to figure out at least to me 5 minutes you can figure them out even harder ones. I can get green releases with him on close shots on HOF Sim.

The reason why anyone brings it up is because it puts your team at a disadvantage when playing someone or the CPU in a game. Korver basically becomes a below average shooter if you are very good say 30% because he can't get perfect releases. On HOF you miss many more slightly late or early on the white line releases. So Korver isn't a weapon more like just another player out there. We are talking arguably the 2nd best shooter in the NBA becoming a brickfest shooter.

If Nevertheles109 downloads the latest roster updates he will be in the same issue everyone else is at.

I think 2k knows something is bugged but I don't chalk it up to the shot meter the shot forms are the problem. Another thing that I wouldn't call glitched but some guys who can dunk in game but can't dunk in practice. Darren Collison can dunk in game but if I go to practice freestyle and try to dunk he will not dunk Kyrie is another one, and Korver lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »