Home

Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2014, 03:28 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePitchers
You could just change it to Real Player%. Just saying.
Doesn't solve the issue.
Real Player FG % is tied to timing this year unlike last years installment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #82
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Whoever thought that changing the shooting mechanics was a good idea should be out of a job.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I guarentee you never got one with korver. You can get an a minus that usually is a miss but not excellent. Its not even Debatable. 2k knows this. Anyone that says differently is just doing it for attention. I can def speak for korver. Beluba himself couldnt get an excellent with him.
Well, I've been hearing this around the forums since this game released! Finally, during thanksgiving I had some time to experiment with Kyle Korver in freestyle on HOF & Superstar/SIM. Tried Superstar first and within 10 attempts I got a green release on a three point attempt. I am VERY good at timing the shot meter and it's always been a knack of mine (Not just this year). I may get 10-15 perfect releases/game.

Turned it up to HOF/SIM and splash city. At one point I got into a rhythm and out of five three point attempts, three were perfect but all were wet. Which brings me to my final point, Just because you can't do something WELL does not mean it is BROKEN!

I know some won't believe me but I have a life. I get no kicks on coming on a internet forum giving false information. Nevertheless, the shot meter is not broken as far as I can tell. Kyle Korver is not a good example, that's for sure.

Maybe that's why 2K hasn't said much about it?
Can anyone else give me a name of a confirmed "broken" shot release player?

P.S. Thanks for giving motivation to try Kyle Korver; I'll be looking to pick him up in my season. Talk about spreading the floor...SHOOTER ALERT!
Old 11-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Whoever thought that changing the shooting mechanics was a good idea should be out of a job.
Damn, all over the shot meter, man
Old 11-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #85
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't even use the shot meter online anymore
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #86
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

haha. I always keep things positive so I will clarify and say this. Twitch is free with xbox one and ps4, and it only takes 20 seconds to broadcast a video, but you won't ever see a video of korver getting a green release on hof sim, until its patched. So I won't question whatever a person alleges to have done, because we all know how that goes. But, I am 100 percent sure there is no video showing this anywhere, and that there won't be. Xbox one has more green releases than the ps4 for some players, but not korver.

I am sure that the devs are getting this worked out.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 11-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
haha. I always keep things positive so I will clarify and say this. Twitch is free with xbox one and ps4, and it only takes 20 seconds to broadcast a video, but you won't ever see a video of korver getting a green release on hof sim, until its patched. So I won't question whatever a person alleges to have done, because we all know how that goes. But, I am 100 percent sure there is no video showing this anywhere, and that there won't be. Xbox one has more green releases than the ps4 for some players, but not korver.

I am sure that the devs are getting this worked out.
You could have been direct; I wouldn't have been offended. For now, the video I'll make will be ghetto with my Iphone. Simply put, you are 100% wrong. I wouldn't come at your neck like that if I didn't see otherwise.

You are right, twitch does exist but not everyone has internet. New apartment and wifi strong enough for me to NBA League pass on my phone so I'm good. Nevertheless, YOU CAN get a perfect release with Kyle Korver on HOF/SIM.

If I upload a video with proof will you admit you were wrong and it's not broken? At work right now so it will be later

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 11-28-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #88
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
You could have been direct; I wouldn't have been offended. For now, the video I'll make will be ghetto with my Iphone. Simply put, you are 100% wrong. I wouldn't come at your neck like that if I didn't see otherwise.

You are right, twitch does exist but not everyone has internet. New apartment and wifi strong enough for me to NBA League pass on my phone so I'm good. Nevertheless, YOU CAN get a perfect release with Kyle Korver on HOF/SIM.

If I upload a video with proof will you admit you were wrong and it's not broken? At work right now so it will be later
Ok you don't have internet on you XBox1? There is a chance you don't even have the latest roster for Korver. 2K has been changing the shots for some people and some of them have been changed to a release that is glitched. I have tried for multiple players and the shots are glitched even on Superstar at the 3pt line for some players. I can hit green releases with Korver on HOF sim as long as I am close to the basket and maybe a few at mid range but once you get to the three point line nope not happening on HOF sim. I hit about 1 of 20 from 3pt on SS/sim and I think I was on the line but it was a green release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »