Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #265
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Just tested out this shot meter on superstar Sim in freestyle mode. Its a guaranteed make on a green release every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can anyone get a perfect release with Kyle Korver while attempting a three on superstar sim??? I'm dying to know because it seems almost impossible and he's suppose to be one of the best shooters in the nba. However, I am able to get a perfect release when shooting a mid range but when I attempt a three I'm ALWAYS a hair away from a perfect release, only getting it after A LOT of attempts
Old 10-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #267
Just started!

For all you who don't get the player attributes matter when it comes to the shot they take the perfect release is how close you come to his optimal output for the shot based on the conditions.

What I don't understand is that we have this shot fatigue but you only fatigue there seems to be no replenishing it. Example I make it a point to be the leading scorer on my team I get it I won't make every shot but when I take 25 shots the first half until I "Fatigue" I should be able to take at least 10 more the next half without getting a D+ on a open jump shot on the fast break. I honestly think that driving should take more of a hit then jump shots being towards the end of the game things get less physical because you have players are tired and thus look for those easy open jump shots.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #268
Just started!

I'm sorry guys but the shot meter is a disaster. I've been playing since the first 2K was released on the Dreamcast. This gives the feeling of trying to satisfy the meter rather than allowing us to enjoy playing the game, with very little room for error. My player has a 90 rating on all aspects of shooting, and I will release a shot right in front of the white line, almost a perfect shot, and will get a B/C and miss while being wide open. Due to the way NBA 2Ks simulation is designed, attempting to get a perfect timed shot in order to score is close to impossible. I would much rather focus on releasing at the top of my shot instead of looking at my players feet to score. I say this because different shot situations change your release factor, then you have to focus on a meter. In my opinion this has ruined the fluid mechanics of the 2K series for me. I also don't like the idea of knowing that if I get a "green" shot it's going to go in, that has taken away the element of surprise when the player shoots. I can tell you that if you are anywhere off of the white shot meter line you are more than likely going to miss. Some have claimed it's more forgiving online, why is that? Poor idea to make the game more realistic. The original poster of this thread says this can be turned off, does anyone know how on the 360?
Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #269
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon0321
I'm sorry guys but the shot meter is a disaster. I've been playing since the first 2K was released on the Dreamcast. This gives the feeling of trying to satisfy the meter rather than allowing us to enjoy playing the game, with very little room for error. My player has a 90 rating on all aspects of shooting, and I will release a shot right in front of the white line, almost a perfect shot, and will get a B/C and miss while being wide open. Due to the way NBA 2Ks simulation is designed, attempting to get a perfect timed shot in order to score is close to impossible. I would much rather focus on releasing at the top of my shot instead of looking at my players feet to score. I say this because different shot situations change your release factor, then you have to focus on a meter. In my opinion this has ruined the fluid mechanics of the 2K series for me. I also don't like the idea of knowing that if I get a "green" shot it's going to go in, that has taken away the element of surprise when the player shoots. I can tell you that if you are anywhere off of the white shot meter line you are more than likely going to miss. Some have claimed it's more forgiving online, why is that? Poor idea to make the game more realistic. The original poster of this thread says this can be turned off, does anyone know how on the 360?
You can turn the shot meter off.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #270
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon0321
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhpmE
You can turn the shot meter off.
Ummm....

For the record, I don't have the game so I don't know this answer, but I imagine it's either within the gameplay or presentation settings.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #271
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

I love 2K been playing for years. The concept of the shot meter is pretty awesome. I have been playing on Hall of Fame and it is basicly impossible to make open jump shots with anybody. I have played 10 games so far and I think had 3 perfect releases. Wide open shots off by a smidget from the center will end up being misses 9.9 times out of 10. It has also changed the way I play because every jump shot I find myself staring at the meter and not the actual shot animation. Best of both worlds here you can turn the option off which is good and also keep it on be challenged if you would like to. I am not complaining just wanted to add in some input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #272
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

after playing with the shot meter and getting aggrivated with it, i went back to playing with the user timing, it fits me much better. in my myplayer with the shot meter on i wasnt getting no more than 10 points and im a scoring pg, changed it to timing and turned the meter off and im getting 20-30 ppg. for non my player games i have no problem with the meter just in my player i dislike it

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »