Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #369
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'll say this again:

Madden sells millions of copies. Operation Sports has just north of 400k users. At any given time, 1-3k users are on the site.

We are the minority.

The issues we are seeing may not be seen by the casual user. Maybe they let the cpu play call for them? Maybe they aren't as talented on the sticks?

The devs do frequent this forum. They also have a MASSIVE number of metrics.

They need to cater both ways. Remember that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Their massive number of metrics are no help when it comes to offline CFM. Their metrics comes from online CFM.
I would hope that with online CFM they differentiate between user v user games and user v CPu games but I do not know for sure.

Regarding casual gamers, they experience the same problem but they probably do not care.

The sack issue is not about play calling and stick skill. There are multiple times a game where the QB will hold the ball until he gets sacked.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #370
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
thanks for posting, i couldn't for the life of me find it last night, thought it was supposed to be a button push on the original screen, not something n the settings.

for you xbox 1 guys, did you notice the helmet reflection? i guess i just don't remember seeing it previously, but both on the field, and then also between the 3rd and 4th quarter, the helmets had a way different sheen to them.

my guess is that upon release, the xbox 1 was graphically inferior to the ps4, and now they have played catch up, thus the larger patch?

i will admit, i was drinking it up pretty good last night, but man, i really thought the game was a huge improvement. forget the sack issue which appears to be about the same, but i really felt the tweaks and such have really added to the game.

maybe i was excited to play, or maybe i was expecting disappointment from reading this thread all day, but my game experience last night really has me coming back for more. maybe i'll see things differently after playing again tonight.
I'm on Xbox One. What do you mean by helmet reflection?

I think the game looks great though. Maybe I can check my recorded videos from before and now.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
EA Strikes again. This patch may have "iced the cake, but not in a good way. I am sorry I downloaded it. 2 days ago, I would have recommended buying this game to anyone that asked, but now, I wouldn't recommend it at all. This is not the same game that I was playing several days ago. The fun factor, the sense or player weight and realism has completely disappeared. The fluid tackling is gone. We are back to playing EA ball, and sadly, sliders may not fix it.

It's so funny to me, but not surprising that we are not playing the same game that was advertised back in August. How in the hell EA could call what this patch did to the game a realistic game of football, I have no clue. I don't even know what to call this. False advertising, thievery, scam, outright lying to the consumer? I mean what do you call it?

Few things I will point out: The tackling mechanism has changed drastically. There is no fluidity or weight to the tackling anymore. The players just bang around like pin balls. I literally just saw a tackle where two corners tried to wrap up on the running back, they collided with the running back and both simultaneously fell backward, as did the running back. It was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. I literally just sat back and laughed. As someone who has placed hours into slider testing, I see these things.

The game play speed has changed. The game feels faster, less fluid. I wonder if EA increased the game speed to cover up some of these poor game play issues.

Pass blocking has changed. If anything it is much poorer. The blockers don't seem to have the same sense of awareness post-patch.

I am going to keep testing, but most likely this game will be making it's way either to eBay or back to the store. This patch is a very pathetic effort by EA, and sadly, I can't go back. I would say to those guys that haven't downloaded the patch, don't.

Welcome to EA Ball: "Yep, it's back and definitely in the game"

This company needs to lose the exclusive license. They are the worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry! Their efforts , when being the only the company that can make an NFL licensed football game, have officially caused me to black ball all other games made by them or that they have a hand in. Battlefield? No sir, FIFA? Nope NBA Live? Nope Thank you EA for letting me keep money in my wallet year after year. Pretty soon, you will lose me as a Madden customer as well. Such a piss poor effort from this company! Keep up the good work EA!

Long story short. This Patch Sucks!
I really dont understand this post, the tackling has sucked this whole time. The pinball effect has been present for years because once a ballcarrier is engagedwith a tackler no other tackler can engage, so the game compensates for this by having the first tackler leg go and then the new tackler warps into a tackling animation. If the first tackler does not let go, then all the other tacklers around will just rub off and fidget its way to the ground.

This is nothing new and this isn't any doing in the patch. The tackling is horrid and rarely takes momentum into consideration. That is why i've seen so many times a rb running straight forward, a tackler comes from behind and he is tackled sideways. or a rb running forward and then gets pancaked backwards.

So this is nothing new, tackling was never fluid and the mechanic has been horrid for years.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #372
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Are you using his original set or the newer one he created to fix sacks. The new one is tough but as he said, they are suppose to be.

I believe it was the original set labled rushinoffense/rushindefense. I haven't kept up with his thread, didn't know there was a new set up. I will dl those and give it a try. Would they make any difference in terms of getting lit up in pass defense?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #373
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'm on Xbox One. What do you mean by helmet reflection?

I think the game looks great though. Maybe I can check my recorded videos from before and now.
i play as the chiefs, i guess now, perhaps because it was a night game, but generally between the 3rd and 4th where they close in on both teams helmets, generally from my experience the helmets were always just so-so looking.

last nights game it was like there were areas of glossy like reflection, almost a chrome with a reddish hue? i hadn't seen it before. also happening while on the field.

i must have been pretty geeked up last night, i have nothing but positive coming from my gaming experience last night.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #374
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Their metrics comes from online CFM.
No, their metrics come from every mode in the game - Play Now, online CFM, offline CFM, MUT, online H2H, etc.

This is how they get their crowdsourced play calling data to feed to the user in the play calling screen. Anytime you the user call a play while connected to XBOX Live / PSN, you're reporting usage data to EA's servers.

This is pretty common practice in games designed around multiplayer, and it's done for gameplay balancing purposes.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #375
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I just tested Peyton Manning and his sig is in there.
Did you see it trigger in a game. Peyton Manning doesn't have his happy feet movement in the pocket like it shows in the edit list. You must be playing on Xbox because it don't work on ps4. Here's a video of what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/EHQXQh6KXBk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #376
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0

Do I need to restart my CFM for the stuff to work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »