Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #353
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
While I agree with you that physics have always been messed up, the game play has changed post patch for the worse. I was actually able to get a decent tackling game out of Madden by tweaking the sliders. The game play seems extremely fast and arcade like now. Blocking was always bad, but now it is horrendous. As I mentioned in my post, the linemen seem to have no awareness of the pass rush.

What they did to this game and why they did it is beyond me, but this isn't the same game brother ... that's for sure.
Sorry about the double post. For some reason Google chrome wasn't showing my comments so I thought it didn't take. But yeah, it's definitely worse in a lot of ways. On the plus side it seems like they want to fix the game. I was glad to see the signature QB throws. Too bad they can't seem to get signature running styles in the game too. This game has a lot of issues that really needd to be addressed without making things worse.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #354

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
To the guys who aren't happy with big sack numbers, is your issue against AI or human opponents?

To me it seems a little more difficult to break loose from an offensive lineman in VS. games, since both last month's Turner as well as yesterday's patch update.

I'm happy with it now and if they tone it down, pass rush will be pretty much nonexistent.

It's not the pass rush that is causing the high sack totals, it's the AI QB holding on to the ball too long.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #355
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'll say this again:

Madden sells millions of copies. Operation Sports has just north of 400k users. At any given time, 1-3k users are on the site.

We are the minority.

The issues we are seeing may not be seen by the casual user. Maybe they let the cpu play call for them? Maybe they aren't as talented on the sticks?

The devs do frequent this forum. They also have a MASSIVE number of metrics.

They need to cater both ways. Remember that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
This is the default response from Madden apologists when EA fails to deliver. It’s white noise.

Specifically (and I’ll say it again):

OS is not a super-secret site tucked away in the far reaches of the www where only the hardest of the hardcore players reside…and of who are the only ones rigorously playing Madden and discovering all of the bugs while the rest of the community ignorantly walks around like its 1995 discovering what the internet is—hence, making OS “the minority”.

It’s 2014. If people aren’t at home on their PC’s, they’re carrying around devices in their pockets that keep them connected 24/7. And as time permits they check on sites that revolve around their interests. For Madden, OS may or may not be one of them. But people are connected all over and Madden’s shortcomings are not some major secret whispered among the hallowed halls of OS because “only the hardcore reside here and are the only ones who care”. It’s a myth to suggest otherwise.

If people here are finding these things, discussing them, and reaching out the developers, there are likely others as well regardless of whether they’re registered here or not. It’s fascinating to me how the impact of this site on the developers and/or the community seems to grow or shrink with the apologist depending on the argument they’re making at the time.

EA has metrics. I have no doubt their metrics told them sacks weren’t an issue user vs. user. I find it hard to believe their metrics showed them sacks weren’t an issue user vs. cpu. This disbelief is reinforced by the fact they at first they say “we didn’t find an issue”, then “well, it’s too big for a patch”. They’re dancing.

EA failed to deliver on some significant issues and they’re taking heat for it—rightly so. This after waiting and the community told to “be patient, the patch is coming”. Attempting a defense of EA by inserting the whole “casual vs. hardcore” suggestion now is nonsense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #356
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
To the guys who aren't happy with big sack numbers, is your issue against AI or human opponents?

To me it seems a little more difficult to break loose from an offensive lineman in VS. games, since both last month's Turner as well as yesterday's patch update.

I'm happy with it now and if they tone it down, pass rush will be pretty much nonexistent.
I agree in madden 25 we had complaints of not enough sacks.... Now in madden 15 it's too many so what gives.I think this patch has given good balance on offense and defense.

I look forward to getting sacks each game and in some games I manage to get just 1 so it varies...

I think team ratings plays a huge part in determining the sacks this year..
Ex... I sacked Payton manning just once using my 49ers vs sacking drew Stanton 3 times it just varies and I love it...

Good job EA !!!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #357
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's not the pass rush that is causing the high sack totals, it's the AI QB holding on to the ball too long.
OK so it's in CFM then.

On the flip side, high sack numbers can cause headaches down the line, as the pass rushers will demand more money and you will have decisions to make.

The only thing to do is make the QB more accurate or make them check down kings and that will frustrate the user to play only human opponents or quit altogether.

If the QB holds the ball too long, the user can just play man as zone is strong this year or EA may have to tone down defense.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #358
Rookie

I see they said they fixed team's uniforms. Very disappointed that my Steelers, the Raiders and any other team that has black Jerseys and socks are still charcoal grey and not actually black. Where is that fix??
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #359
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Sorry about the double post. For some reason Google chrome wasn't showing my comments so I thought it didn't take. But yeah, it's definitely worse in a lot of ways. On the plus side it seems like they want to fix the game. I was glad to see the signature QB throws. Too bad they can't seem to get signature running styles in the game too. This game has a lot of issues that really needd to be addressed without making things worse.
The signature QB throws are stil glitched though. I know for sure that Peyton Manning still don't work. Maybe some of them are working but not all.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #360
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
Why does xbox one have a bigger patch ? No one seems to know and why can't ea tell us why .they won't even say if we need to start our cfm over or if sim stats are fixed.
Its likely just different compression algorithms and/or different filesystem types per each systems OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »