Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
EA Strikes again. This patch may have "iced the cake, but not in a good way. I am sorry I downloaded it. 2 days ago, I would have recommended buying this game to anyone that asked, but now, I wouldn't recommend it at all. This is not the same game that I was playing several days ago. The fun factor, the sense or player weight and realism has completely disappeared. The fluid tackling is gone. We are back to playing EA ball, and sadly, sliders may not fix it.

It's so funny to me, but not surprising that we are not playing the same game that was advertised back in August. How in the hell EA could call what this patch did to the game a realistic game of football, I have no clue. I don't even know what to call this. False advertising, thievery, scam, outright lying to the consumer? I mean what do you call it?

Few things I will point out: The tackling mechanism has changed drastically. There is no fluidity or weight to the tackling anymore. The players just bang around like pin balls. I literally just saw a tackle where two corners tried to wrap up on the running back, they collided with the running back and both simultaneously fell backward, as did the running back. It was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. I literally just sat back and laughed. As someone who has placed hours into slider testing, I see these things.

The game play speed has changed. The game feels faster, less fluid. I wonder if EA increased the game speed to cover up some of these poor game play issues.

Pass blocking has changed. If anything it is much poorer. The blockers don't seem to have the same sense of awareness post-patch.

I am going to keep testing, but most likely this game will be making it's way either to eBay or back to the store. This patch is a very pathetic effort by EA, and sadly, I can't go back. I would say to those guys that haven't downloaded the patch, don't.

Welcome to EA Ball: "Yep, it's back and definitely in the game"

This company needs to lose the exclusive license. They are the worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry! Their efforts , when being the only the company that can make an NFL licensed football game, have officially caused me to black ball all other games made by them or that they have a hand in. Battlefield? No sir, FIFA? Nope NBA Live? Nope Thank you EA for letting me keep money in my wallet year after year. Pretty soon, you will lose me as a Madden customer as well. Such a piss poor effort from this company! Keep up the good work EA!

Long story short. This Patch Sucks!
I don't know what game you've been playing since the end of August but the tackling in Madden has been jacked up since the game's release. The patch didn't do a thing to tackling. You're just waking up is all that is. Don't believe it? Then allow me to direct you to some youtube vids by RyanMoody and BBressurect made well before the patch that shows how messed up the dead body tackling has been from the very start. In fact that was one of my chief gripes when people were ranting and raving in the reviews as to how great the game is this year. You dudes crack me up. The patch didn't do a thing to affect tackles. The physics engine in this game is an absolute mess. Sorry to debunk you man but your rant about the tackling being messed up by the patch is just not true.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 3

How do you check to see if the patch downloaded? Offline owner mode is fixed now? No more negative funds?
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #339
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I'll say this again:

Madden sells millions of copies. Operation Sports has just north of 400k users. At any given time, 1-3k users are on the site.

We are the minority.

The issues we are seeing may not be seen by the casual user. Maybe they let the cpu play call for them? Maybe they aren't as talented on the sticks?

The devs do frequent this forum. They also have a MASSIVE number of metrics.

They need to cater both ways. Remember that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #340
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not really experiencing the issues people are being hysterical about. Played two very balanced and different games on all pro. Games were completely different from each other in their own way and completely fun. Gameplay feels as good as it was pre-patch. I can win on all pro but I have to earn it. Throwing styles fix makes qbs look so much better in action. Played against Falcons and their retro red jerseys, and they are still pink. Will someone elaborate on slim menu? Didn't see it. Gameplay setting?
Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #341
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the update thus far.

It seems that I'm getting more picks in online ranked games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #342
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Played a game yesterday and totally forgot to check out the "slim" play call option they added, anyone try it out, what's it like?
Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #343
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not really experiencing the issues people are being hysterical about. Played two very balanced and different games on all pro. Games were completely different from each other in their own way and completely fun. Gameplay feels as good as it was pre-patch. I can win on all pro but I have to earn it. Throwing styles fix makes qbs look so much better in action. Played against Falcons and their retro red jerseys, and they are still pink. Will someone elaborate on slim menu? Didn't see it. Gameplay setting?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #344
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
I don't know what version of Madden you think you were playing but they didn't do a thing to the tackling. It was already jacked up from the start. Nothing has changed. You sir were just in denile. Tackling in Madden, especially with more than 2 people involved was a dead body physics nightmare from release. Don't think so? Then allow me to direct you to youtube videos by Mr. Ryan Moody and BBresurrect that show the very thing you are complaining about. Their videos were made WELL before the patch.

Sorry to debunk you man, but the patch had absolutely NOTHING to do with the dead body tackles. That has been in Madden all along man. In fact I posted comments about this very same thing when the game was first reviewed and people were ranting and raving how great the game was. You're just waking up, that's all.
While I agree with you that physics have always been messed up, the game play has changed post patch for the worse. I was actually able to get a decent tackling game out of Madden by tweaking the sliders. The game play seems extremely fast and arcade like now. Blocking was always bad, but now it is horrendous. As I mentioned in my post, the linemen seem to have no awareness of the pass rush.

What they did to this game and why they did it is beyond me, but this isn't the same game brother ... that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
I don't know what game you've been playing since the end of August but the tackling in Madden has been jacked up since the game's release. The patch didn't do a thing to tackling. You're just waking up is all that is. Don't believe it? Then allow me to direct you to some youtube vids by RyanMoody and BBressurect made well before the patch that shows how messed up the dead body tackling has been from the very start. In fact that was one of my chief gripes when people were ranting and raving in the reviews as to how great the game is this year. You dudes crack me up. The patch didn't do a thing to affect tackles. The physics engine in this game is an absolute mess. Sorry to debunk you man but your rant about the tackling being messed up by the patch is just not true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »