Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #329
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

They definitely fixed the 49ers pants and they definitely fixed the Patriots home jerseys. I am pretty glad about that.

I wished they would have fixed the 49ers helmets, too, though, because it looks a little off now (the helmets also needed to be moved a bit toward the yellow side). Fortunately, using the 80s 49er helmets pretty much fixes the clash, since it still has the current logo (please don't fix that EA! If you do then please adjust the hue on the default helmet).
Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 3

So far I've played two full cfm games with my sliders still intact prior to the patch....game one buffalo(me) vs Chicago....I did get 6 sacks but man something feels different, three times Cutler did a one step drop and lasered a slant pass that was very cool I don't remember seeing the AI do that so quickly in 100+ games since release, cutler finished at 68% Manuel at 54% lost 17-10 15 min qrters, running feels different, tackling looks and feels different, and in good ways, spiller was 24 for 112, Jackson 10 for 54, Forte only ran 15 times for 67, cutler threw for 315 2tds 41 attempts, at least three were fired downfield 30+ yds, one was completed, very fun game, game two buffalo (me) vs Miami, tannehill 59% Manuel 52% Miami fumbled 6 times, never seen that many before two by miller, one by Thomas, one by tannehill, and two by two different receivers, I only recovered three of them, had five sacks that game, again this gameplay the feel of it is different in a very good way....going to be playing some more but so far I'm liking the changes, I LOVE the slim playcall screen, and the extra five seconds for defense is much appreciated. I like that the little highlights before the halftime show are gone, it shows the jumbotron saying halftime as Larry talks into the highlights...goes to the stat page and then shows highlights, the other way was rather repetitive, the dolphins kicker was 0-3 in the game, my slider set has kick accuracy at 9 and before today the computer never missed even set that low, have to raise it now I suppose, like I said tackling seems different, even my receivers catching seems better, fluid, oh also Chicago went for it twice on 4th down around the 45 and 48 yard line, first time it happened with the score 0-0 in the first, I liked that, just a few of my early impressions so far
Old 10-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 3

Forgot to add I won that game 30-10, miller ran for about 86 on 17 carries but down late they stopped running, the fumbles have me good field position, going to try some games in my fantasy cfm that I've been playing waiting to start my real buffalo cfm before the patch finally dropped, curious to see if the AI can finally beat me, through three seasons I've one almost every game pretty easily mostly bc of the AI taking way too many sacks, if it wasn't for that issue I'd be loving this years madden but it's always something isn't it? One more note my screen plays always seemed to work consistently, but post patch I tried three in each game and they covered them very quickly, longest gain was 8....that seems promising as well but only two game test so we will see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 03:22 AM   #332
Rookie

smootherworm76's Arena

I played a game using the patch in my previously saved CFM. Cardinals at Broncos and Peyton lit me up at an 80% rate for 490 yards including killing me every time I big blitzed. Regularly he would try to unload the ball while under pressure, resulting in incompletions, but he still took 8 sacks!!!

I was using mostly rushinplayallgame's sliders. I returned a bunch of the near 50 numbers to their default positions but left the pass defense high and the pass reaction time low because it just feels more like what real football looks like. I may start cranking QB ACC up a few notches and see if they get smarter; one one play Manning sat in the pocket and watched a flat-curl combination trap a defender without reacting. On the other hand maybe the receivers should have spaced themselves better, so maybe I'll turn Receiving up first.

The CPU run defense was very, very soft. They started good (Ellington was 10 for 28 yards), but by the end of the game I was gashing them. Finished with 31 carries for 211 yards by Ellington and Sankey (who the Titans always cut during week 3 or 4 of preseason???).

This was played in AP since I was getting tired of punters ripping my corners in AM, so maybe I'll try AM again now that the patch is in place.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #333
Banned

OVR: 32

EA Strikes again. This patch may have "iced the cake, but not in a good way. I am sorry I downloaded it. 2 days ago, I would have recommended buying this game to anyone that asked, but now, I wouldn't recommend it at all. This is not the same game that I was playing several days ago. The fun factor, the sense or player weight and realism has completely disappeared. The fluid tackling is gone. We are back to playing EA ball, and sadly, sliders may not fix it.

It's so funny to me, but not surprising that we are not playing the same game that was advertised back in August. How in the hell EA could call what this patch did to the game a realistic game of football, I have no clue. I don't even know what to call this. False advertising, thievery, scam, outright lying to the consumer? I mean what do you call it?

Few things I will point out: The tackling mechanism has changed drastically. There is no fluidity or weight to the tackling anymore. The players just bang around like pin balls. I literally just saw a tackle where two corners tried to wrap up on the running back, they collided with the running back and both simultaneously fell backward, as did the running back. It was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. I literally just sat back and laughed. As someone who has placed hours into slider testing, I see these things.

The game play speed has changed. The game feels faster, less fluid. I wonder if EA increased the game speed to cover up some of these poor game play issues.

Pass blocking has changed. If anything it is much poorer. The blockers don't seem to have the same sense of awareness post-patch.

I am going to keep testing, but most likely this game will be making it's way either to eBay or back to the store. This patch is a very pathetic effort by EA, and sadly, I can't go back. I would say to those guys that haven't downloaded the patch, don't.

Welcome to EA Ball: "Yep, it's back and definitely in the game"

This company needs to lose the exclusive license. They are the worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry! Their efforts , when being the only the company that can make an NFL licensed football game, have officially caused me to black ball all other games made by them or that they have a hand in. Battlefield? No sir, FIFA? Nope NBA Live? Nope Thank you EA for letting me keep money in my wallet year after year. Pretty soon, you will lose me as a Madden customer as well. Such a piss poor effort from this company! Keep up the good work EA!

Long story short. This Patch Sucks!

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-08-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 AM   #334
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Why does xbox one have a bigger patch ? No one seems to know and why can't ea tell us why .they won't even say if we need to start our cfm over or if sim stats are fixed.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #335
Rookie

MaddenGamer7778's Arena

This is literally what Clint Oldenburg is saying when he says that "they looked into sacks and it was determined not to be a issue"