Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 2
instead of making doc your coach why not just make a random up and coming coach..at least it wouldn't be so weird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #162
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I hope scan face for player creation is there. If you have it would make it some much easier to create players. i am happy there is way more depth this year but I hope the scan face is for all modes
It isn't. Scan face is only for my career and an actual face is needed to create a face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 09-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #163
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I was very relieved to see that you can pick and choose what games you play, so gone is the 2k14 every single 1st year game.

What I didn't see is any mention of minutes which still might be a problem, however the work-around is to play less games I guess if they are still way too high.

I like that they said hair and other face pre-selection features can be used for created faces.

In fact, even though it's time-consuming, robust create-a-face molding like this should mean you can make virtually anyone. So personally I would look into creating Charles Barkley because he was an absolute BEAST. 6'5" Power forward, out rebounding EVERYONE, he was a tank and although I'm kemp fan and will likely do a franchise with the sonics, I really like playing teams with crazy good players I remember from the late 80s and early 90s, so for players that are worth it like Charles I'll put the effort in.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I can't hate on that post. Especially the last statement. I want to believe that Rivers is coaching yoU OUTSIDE of the normal season. Like, at some sort of workout/camp sort of thing.

Hopefully....
Now THAT would be a great addition.

See? It's possible to add story elements and authenticity without stepping on realism, player decisions, and dynamic gameplay.

Actual players from actual teams mentoring you? Amazing. Even if the recordings need improvement. Doc Rivers Stalker edition? Not so amazing.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #165
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Full respect 23 but in this regard, perhaps the reason it is an issue this year and not last year is because this year they "doubled down" on this aspect and by "doubling down" on something they swung too far in one extreme?

"Immersion" to me means believability and the believability is very important to the story-mode direction that 2K is deciding to take this mode. If 2K wants to take this mode that direction, then "immersion" is an essential or key element of the story-line concept.

Another term one can use instead of "immersion" would be the "3rd-wall" and this is a gaming term well worth getting to know. It explains why if this 3rd wall is broken in a game the intended audience has issues with it.

2K is in serious danger of breaking this 3rd wall for a lot of us who fell in love with this mode in 2k10. If we speak about this now, then for future editions (2k16 and beyond) perhaps breaking that 3rd wall could be avoided.
Nailed it. I prefer more open gameplay, but if 2K is going to go in the story direction enough to actually take away real, key NBA elements previously in the game, they'd better execute and return the authenticity in spades. Of course I would prefer some mixture of both.

Not look who we got! Doc Rivers! You get a Doc Rivers! And you get a Doc Rivers! Eveybody gets a Doc Rivers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 0

Everyone complains about the doc thing being an immersion breaker..but how was being drafted alongside another player in every other 2k not an immersion breaker..?

"And with the 3rd pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Washington Wizards select Otto Porter...oh and Tom Johnson"
Old 09-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoOC
Who says it wasn't?

I just dont get why this is such a big deal since 2K has never been an immersive experience. They do something theyve always done and people are acting like theyre taking a step back. At worst theyre taking a step sideways from one "immersion breaker" to another
Old 09-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #168
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
I just dont get why this is such a big deal since 2K has never been an immersive experience. They do something theyve always done and people are acting like theyre taking a step back. At worst theyre taking a step sideways from one "immersion breaker" to another

Some things break the 3rd wall down much more than others. With the draft - I always got around it by ignoring it. Most of the drafted rookies ended up staying on the bench or were "prospects" not suiting up anyways

... With the Doc Rivers thing it really will depend on how it is done. If it is something that does not break that 3rd wall of believability then I will be ok with it - if it is something I can not either ignore or believe in then I will not like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »