Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm still gonna play mycareer more than the other modes because there is nothing else like it for a basketball game. However, being able to put up crazy points on any difficulty level mostly due to lack of sliders and subpar decision making from the AI was already too far on the arcade side of things.

The doc rivers thing pushes the arcadey tendencies they've taken with my career lately way too far and really kills a lot of my excitement for the release. At least you can sim any game now, but if I'm a sg on the bulls, I want Thibs, not doc rivers, even if Thibs is a mute.

2k got where it is by catering to a sim experience. Treating MyCareer any differently makes me start to wish Live wasn't garbage. Guess it will be MyLeague as my mainstay this year. If they at least have an offline mycareer option, I'll probably do what I usually do and force lock the sliders externally for more realistic play and tendencies and just ignore doc rivers. I shouldn't have to do those things to enjoy "my"career.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #90

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

I dont like the Doc Rivers thing, really I just dont like how this mode has basically become a scripted story. Probably gonna put alot of time into MyLeague this year.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Really seems that way which is a shame, Right or wrong I think they should change the name of the mode from Mycareer cause of the way it's changing. Run for the Hall of Fame, Become Legendary, Be a Pro...something
I would agree at this point. I think that's probably been my issue. It started as a personal career mode but then slowly transitioned to an NBAStory mode while I was still treating it as the real-based career mode that it kicked off as in 2K10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #92
Rookie

vick4realz's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm loving everything I'm hearing except for some of the MyCareer news especially the thing about Doc. That adds a huge unrealistic aspect to the mode. Especially if you are playing for the cavs and after having a 60 win season they automatically fire their new coach for Doc. Whatever I'll prbly be spending most time w/ MyLeague and MyTeam.
NCAAB -Ohio State
Old 09-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #93
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

I'm okay with the idea of making it some sort of authentic NBA experience ... but I just don't like that it follows just one linear path. There should be plenty of different outcomes and scenarios.

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Old 09-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #94
Banned

I'm tired of details, I'm ready to see gameplay videos and play the game now. The game is gold now right?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #95
Rookie

To keep players from maxing out all their skills with 99 ratings, the developers are changing how you upgrade your player. Instead of micromanaging how points fall into individual attributes, you drop them into buckets based on specialties like perimeter shooting, dunking, defense, and passing. You can upgrade multiple buckets, but you have a limited amount of total upgrades. This creates more realistic progressions and guarantees that players max out in the low 90s overall instead of at 99.

So i cant be 99 ovr? what the freak if anything they shouldve raised attribute caps. this is a real downer for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #96
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
To keep players from maxing out all their skills with 99 ratings, the developers are changing how you upgrade your player. Instead of micromanaging how points fall into individual attributes, you drop them into buckets based on specialties like perimeter shooting, dunking, defense, and passing. You can upgrade multiple buckets, but you have a limited amount of total upgrades. This creates more realistic progressions and guarantees that players max out in the low 90s overall instead of at 99.

So i cant be 99 ovr? what the freak if anything they shouldve raised attribute caps. this is a real downer for me
Yeah I don't really understand that. Should've just been harder to be a 99, not impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »