Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #81
Pro

Clappington's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Me? I like the story mode aspect and the way its heading, yea it has some flaws but none the less its cool af I could understand the Doc Rivers thing but I don't think that can ruin someone experience, as im looking at FIFA and Madden career mode im seeing simple things nothing huge about it almost samething every year here 2k is doing something that no 1 else is doing and im applaud them for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #82
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Okay, now THAT'S a problem. I'm gonna need some more details on that one. Cause there is no reason that Doc Rivers should just be taking over any team that you play for in your second year.
I just might make my player named "Rivers" and become a bastard son... It really depends on how the storyline is written as to whether I will be able to suspend disbelief.

Perhaps if Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Doc Rivers are all moved to your team.

Or perhaps they should have forced you to be signed with the Clippers in the second year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Not sure how I feel about this. It seems like we're losing more control over how we want to play. If anything, there should be more options, not less. There should be separate attributes for chest passes vs. bounce passes, for example. Will have to see exactly how it's implemented to really know, I guess.
I feel good about it because the way I am reading it is that they are establishing the "floor" of your max development and then allowing you to build your "ceiling" with the badges. It sounds like my desire to build an extreme defensive 3-point shooting point guard will be much more viable this year then in the past because of the new approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Sounds like I'm one of the only people here that thinks the Doc Rivers thing is kinda cool... ?
The whole idea of being mentored by Doc Rivers is one I am very excited about - especially since I always play point guards. Just the details in getting to that point are iffy right now.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #83
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Is the issue with Doc Rivers an immersion breaker, or you guys don't like Doc at all? He might provide some insightful tips.
I haven't read past your post but I'm pretty sure it's an immersion thing with Doc Rivers leaving his team to coach whatever team your player is on. First the story effects the game and how things go on the court now the story is effecting personnel moves? That's just totally ridiculous, when they check their "stats" on what modes are played the most and which aren't I hope MyCareer has a big drop off so they can rethink things and make some changes cause it's sorely needed IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I believe Doc is the only coach who did a voice session so thats why.

People need to start thinking of this more as a story mode and not a career simulator. In a story mode, you have to interact with the players and have to be involved in the events the mode has. You have limited control over what happens in the mode other than the games you play and choices the mode allows you to make.
Really seems that way which is a shame, Right or wrong I think they should change the name of the mode from Mycareer cause of the way it's changing. Run for the Hall of Fame, Become Legendary, Be a Pro...something

Last edited by Sinner; 09-25-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #84
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybrook07
you can look at MyCareer as more of the Story mode of the game. and everything else is more open ended
I know how to look at it, but this is just a really odd decision overall. If it was just about only having Doc do voice work why not just wait till next year to do this? All in all, it's weird even for "story mode"
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #85
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

im not really a fan of the Doc rivers thing makes My career sound very scripted but ill give it a try. I may be leaning toward my League this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #86
Rookie

The Doc thing is obviously because they couldn't realistically get every coach to come and record audio, so they got one. It's weird, but it makes the mode more accesible and diverse compared to previous. Weird but I like it
Old 09-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
To help differentiate between teams after a set play breaks down, each one uses their true base set in NBA 2K15. Now when you play the Heat, which Jones jokes doesn't truly have a big (sorry Bosh), they will run a four-out one-in set. The Spurs, on the other hand, will have three-out two-in base set.

Don't they say that every year? And we had 4-Out lineups in 2k14, too? Everytime you subbed a stretch player in at the 4 spot, he automatically went outside (frye, mullens and so on...) and you could change between 3-2 and 4-1 via dpad left?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly, I think they should create two seperate career modes, one story based, and the other just freelance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »