Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #993
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Something special just happened. lol. So I'm doing an outside toss, and have some good blocking for once, and what happens? "Synchronized block shedding". I kid you not, ALL 3 guys being blocked shed there blocks at the same time, and even had all the same animations coming out of it. Needless to say I was stuffed after that. I just couldn't help but think... REALLY???
Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #994
Just started!

OVR: 0

PLEASE HELP (XBOX ONE only) : I DO NOT see button assignments (X, Y, A) when I am trying to select a Pass Play. I can view the button assignments ON THE FIELD, when I'm in the huddle, but I want to know which buttons are assigned to my receivers BEFORE I choose my plays.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #995
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay SUPREME
PLEASE HELP (XBOX ONE only) : I DO NOT see button assignments (X, Y, A) when I am trying to select a Pass Play. I can view the button assignments ON THE FIELD, when I'm in the huddle, but I want to know which buttons are assigned to my receivers BEFORE I choose my plays.
I'm not sure you can. Why don't you just hold down R2 to see which buttons are assigned to which receivers at the line of scrimmage? Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #996
Rookie

MaddenFan676's Arena

Icon14 Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Madden 15 is great with realistic graphics. It is really great improvement for over Madden 25.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #997
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay SUPREME
unfortunately, I dont think you can see that. I do know that FOREVER Madden has had the button layout like it is on your controller. (I.E.- [typed as PS4/X1] The left receiver would be Box/X, the middle receiver or tight end typically would be X/A, the right receiver would be O/B and the slot receiver is usually Triangle/Y. And the check down is R1/RB.) If that helps any.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #998
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Madden 15 is legitimately the best Madden they've made. Graphically, it looks a lot better than before, and I'm overall happy with it. Currently tweaking sliders and I'm seeing some good, fun, mostly realistic games. However, I just had to post that I played the Fifa DEMO (YES, Fifa has a demo even though madden did NOT), and omg, this game is FANTASTIC!!!! lol. I hope madden continues to borrow from them, but seriously, just playing that demo was great. Great player movement, great, responsive controls, correct player momentum, physics, ball physics, goalie interaction is fantastic, player emotion, etc. This is the way I wish I could feel about Madden every year, but sadly, it is always, well, it's probably an improvement over last year, but by how much? And, how much time will I have to spend on sliders to enjoy the game offline. Fifa is great right out of the box, and for a simple demo, played great. Really looking forward to Fifa coming out. On another note, I played the NHL demo as well. Holy Cow!!! What a CRAPPER!!!! The controls are god awful and mapped very poorly to what I would envision a hockey game doing, so not sure what other nhl fans think, but after admittedly only playing a few minutes (because the controls made absolutely no sense to me, checking is the Right thumbstick click button????? that's NO good!!), that game seemed horrible. And yes, i enjoyed the heck out of 2k hockey when they made that, so that to me was another 2k game that beat EA.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Madden 15 is legitimately the best Madden they've made. Graphically, it looks a lot better than before, and I'm overall happy with it. Currently tweaking sliders and I'm seeing some good, fun, mostly realistic games. However, I just had to post that I played the Fifa DEMO (YES, Fifa has a demo even though madden did NOT), and omg, this game is FANTASTIC!!!! lol. I hope madden continues to borrow from them, but seriously, just playing that demo was great. Great player movement, great, responsive controls, correct player momentum, physics, ball physics, goalie interaction is fantastic, player emotion, etc. This is the way I wish I could feel about Madden every year, but sadly, it is always, well, it's probably an improvement over last year, but by how much? And, how much time will I have to spend on sliders to enjoy the game offline. Fifa is great right out of the box, and for a simple demo, played great. Really looking forward to Fifa coming out. On another note, I played the NHL demo as well. Holy Cow!!! What a CRAPPER!!!! The controls are god awful and mapped very poorly to what I would envision a hockey game doing, so not sure what other nhl fans think, but after admittedly only playing a few minutes (because the controls made absolutely no sense to me, checking is the Right thumbstick click button????? that's NO good!!), that game seemed horrible. And yes, i enjoyed the heck out of 2k hockey when they made that, so that to me was another 2k game that beat EA.
I absolutely agree. Having just played the FIFA 15 demo myself, I gotta say it's leagues beyond what Madden's doing right now. The field degradation, the player movement, the player control, the A.I, everything is there. Something occurred to me while playing though. Madden uses the L2/LT button to activate the precision modifier just like FIFA uses it to create a more accurate and precise player movement and skill. I see why the Madden dev team did that... because it makes sense. The only problem is.... MADDEN DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME KIND OF PLAYER MOVEMENT THAT FIFA DOES!!!!! FIFA looks, feels, and plays very organically and realistically. Madden doesn't. Madden player movement seems forced, robotic, and animated. In FIFA, the way the character slows down to make cuts and movements feels very realistic and the way you would see it on TV when you press L2/LT; The way the character slows down when you press L2/LT in Madden is very deliberate, not subtle at all, and you feel that you have no real momentum. TRUE STEP DOESN'T MEAN ABSOLUTELY NEEDING TO TAKE STUTTER STEPS TO CHANGE DIRECTION, IT JUST MEANS SLOWING DOWN ENOUGH TO DO IT! FIFA characters foot plant and slow down enough to do what they have to do, and if you try something that shouldn't work, it doesn't, and you pay for it. When you try and do this in Madden, it feels and looks like it shouldn't work to begin with. I look at Madden and feel like I'm controlling a character, I look at FIFA and feel like I'm controlling a human. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED IN MADDEN!!!! PLAYER MOVEMENT NEEDS TO BE SCRAPPED AND REDONE FROM SCRATCH! Tiburon REALLY needs to work closely with EA Canada on 16 when it comes to player movement, player control, and ball physics!

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 09-12-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #1000
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I absolutely agree. Having just played the FIFA 15 demo myself, I gotta say it's leagues beyond what Madden's doing right now. The field degradation, the player movement, the player control, the A.I, everything is there. Something occurred to me while playing though. Madden uses the L2/LT button to activate the precision modifier just like FIFA uses it to create a more accurate and precise player movement and skill. I see why the Madden dev team did that... because it makes sense. The only problem is.... MADDEN DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME KIND OF PLAYER MOVEMENT THAT FIFA DOES!!!!! FIFA looks, feels, and plays very organically and realistically. Madden doesn't. Madden player movement seems forced, robotic, and animated. In FIFA, the way the character slows down to make cuts and movements feels very realistic and the way you would see it on TV when you press L2/LT; The way the character slows down when you press L2/LT in Madden is very deliberate, not subtle at all, and you feel that you have no real momentum. TRUE STEP DOESN'T MEAN ABSOLUTELY NEEDING TO TAKE STUTTER STEPS TO CHANGE DIRECTION, IT JUST MEANS SLOWING DOWN ENOUGH TO DO IT! FIFA characters foot plant and slow down enough to do what they have to do, and if you try something that shouldn't work, it doesn't, and you pay for it. When you try and do this in Madden, it feels and looks like it shouldn't work to begin with. I look at Madden and feel like I'm controlling a character, I look at FIFA and feel like I'm controlling a human. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED IN MADDEN!!!! PLAYER MOVEMENT NEEDS TO BE SCRAPPED AND REDONE FROM SCRATCH! Tiburon REALLY needs to work closely with EA Canada on 16 when it comes to player movement, player control, and ball physics!
lol, about all i can say to this post is, "yep". lol. Absolutely correct, my man. That's a great way to look at it when u mention the "feel" of the movement of players. I was very against Madden implementing the L2 to trigger to precise movement because i didn't feel it was necessary in a football game. But, having played fifa for years, I understand the desire to put this in. But, of course, as you say, because the momentum isn't right, etc. in Madden, it just doesn't play out correctly. I can tell u that in fifa, I juke and jive all over the place with their "precision modifier" button and I LOVE it!!!! It works correctly, and it absolutely makes sense, and when I use it, I "feel" the need to, I simply do what a human would do on the pitch, slow up, then speed up, then 360 precision by some fool, and GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLL!!!! lol. But, with Madden "precision modifier", honestly, I NEVER use it because it feels absolutely arcady, and just doesn't make as much sense to me in football, honestly. Yes, u have slow down, speed up moments in football, however, most of football is played at break neck speed. You are ALWAYS trying to run fast. I, personally, appreciated 13's attempt to have NO sprint button. I loved it. I loved the idea of allowing the actual digital player determine when he could sprint or not. And, instead of the precision modifier, make the the actual jukes and stiff arms DO the modifying. They slow down a ball carrier all by themselves. I don't want/need another button to shift gears as a football player. The juke/truck stick already does that for me! And, actually, i'm ok with 3 speeds/modes of transit in Madden. However, for me, they were already there. Normal, Sprint, and Protect Ball. I wish they would stick to that and allow the Protect Ball to allow for smaller movements. But, once again, allow the jukes themselves to perform the "slow down" of the player. I HATE the precision modifier in Madden. However, if they had the EXACT physics engine of fifa, I might enjoy it more. Seriously, that fifa demo was already fantastic. I'm a chelsea guy, and my squad is already ridiculously stacked. We finally loaned out that sorry a$$, Torres, and we picked up my FAVORITE online player to destroy people with, DROGBA!!!! There's a great point to comparing madden to fifa. Fifa has also done a much better and fantastic job at making each individual player just that, "individual". Drogba plays a hell of a lot different than Ronaldo who plays different than Messi who plays different than, etc, etc. Very individualized. That still does not exist in madden. Anyways, I know this off Madden topic, and more for Fifa. So, i'll say again, this is the best madden yet (although, i personally still really liked 13) due primarily to graphical advancements and better overall D (although, slider adjustments are severely necessary when playing against the cpu). So, madden 15 is good, but man, i can't wait to destroy some fools online with Chelsea in Fifa 15!!!!! woohooo!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »