Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #985
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis1104
I haven't been on the forum since release but am I the only person who feels the cpu qbs are just too good sometimes? I'm playing on all pro and I've lowered the accuracy but nothing helps. No matter what Manziel ends up throwing 3 incompletions all game. His awareness is low but he ALWAYS picks the right receiver to throw to
No man, there's definitely still ROBO QB's in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #986
Banned

OVR: 5

loving the game but yeah I agree the cpu qb's are too good...im playing on all pro as well
Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #987
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Is it just me, or are jump balls/fades simply INTs waiting to happen? Especially in the end zone. I don't know if its because I'm not user catching correctly (though I've been doing it since I started playing Madden, so unless something is drastically different I don't think it's my user catching), or if its because the game mechanics simply don't work. I read in the Gamespot review that WRs don't do a good job fighting for balls - that has certainly been my experience, too. And the balls are never incomplete. They always either result in an INT, or in rare cases, TDs/drops. Never gets batted away or anything. It's like streak routes are completely useless - the WR is never going to get in front of the DB no matter how good he is, and you just get picked off if you try anyway.

Also: Joe Flacco the last 2 years has to be THE worst Madden AI QB ever. He's simply atrocious whenever I play against him. Sitting, waiting to get sacked, throwing awful passes and just plain making bad decisions.

Last edited by FedExPope; 09-10-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:30 AM   #988
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Is it just me, or are jump balls/fades simply INTs waiting to happen? Especially in the end zone. I don't know if its because I'm not user catching correctly (though I've been doing it since I started playing Madden, so unless something is drastically different I don't think it's my user catching), or if its because the game mechanics simply don't work. I read in the Gamespot review that WRs don't do a good job fighting for balls - that has certainly been my experience, too. And the balls are never incomplete. They always either result in an INT, or in rare cases, TDs/drops. Never gets batted away or anything. It's like streak routes are completely useless - the WR is never going to get in front of the DB no matter how good he is, and you just get picked off if you try anyway.

Also: Joe Flacco the last 2 years has to be THE worst Madden AI QB ever. He's simply atrocious whenever I play against him. Sitting, waiting to get sacked, throwing awful passes and just plain making bad decisions.
Jump balls have been hit or miss with me. Way more miss though. As for streaks, I've probably hit more than I've missed on those. I am using the Redskins with Desean Jackson though. But I pretty much can hit those at will.

― Plato
Old 09-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #989
Banned

OVR: 1

I keep trying with this game...and the game keeps showing me more suction blocking, sliding, bad AI (what happened to this player sense 2.0) and whenever I hit the hole defenders magically shed blocks to stuff me.

I've tried sliders...I've tried changing my approach...for every 1 football moment ....I get 3 other plays that just look awful.

...and I still hate the playcalling screen and the fact I don't have enough time on defense to adjust anything, its simply annoying. Player models look ok, but everyone is ripped and skinny, and the lighting is kind of jacked up.

And this was supposed to be the Madden that could be a "System Seller" or "Come at us 2k?" or "we're making a simulation football game." Come on, man.

As a lifelong Hawks fan I should be loving this game (#lob) but even I can see past my own neon shades to realize what we're dealing with here. This is the most disappointing Madden in a very long time. (Madden 06)
Old 09-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #990
Banned

OVR: 5

"this is the most disappointing madden in a long time"

In terms of what was promised, and how the game actually is, I agree with you. Its funny how the things they kept saying were fixed are still very much present in the game. I dont think it is a bad game, but it certainly is not the game they said it was. It makes me wonder what they actually attempted to fix and what was not touched at all. the second one seems to be a lot more prevalent than the first, unfortunately.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #991
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

While I find the game somewhat enjoyable, I tend to agree with many of the posters here with legacy issues, so I will not go into the things that have already been stated throughout this thread. Instead, I expose something that will seem trivial to many, but something that really annoys me: game fluidity.

What I mean is that, although the graphics are quite beautiful, the game itself doesn't have the organic and fluid feel that I thought the bigger and badder next generation hardware can handle. I wish I had a video to show what I am writing about because I am pretty sure I will not explain it right.

Let's say that the QB is coming off of the sidelines. We can a nice, fluid shot of the QB going into the huddle, breaking and walking to the line. Before he gets there, there is a transition that seems off. He sort of slides up and behind the center and not quite in tune with the turf. It causes a kind of causes a bit of a hiccup or a stutter.

There are many instances where stuttering becomes annoying. After plays, there are times where the, for lack of a better term, cut scenes are very smooth and it almost looks like you are watching a real game. However, it soon becomes a bit herky-jerky, almost like there is a spit second where there is a sort of hiccup.

I don't know. I hope I explained that right. It may not be that big of a deal, but it kind of throws me off. I mean, after looking at times in the game that are really defined and smooth, I just don't know why the entire game cannot be smooth, or fluid. It just ruins something for me. Not enough to not play, because what else am I going to do? It just takes me out of the game, so to speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #992
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Ive tried to do some searching for the answer to my question but couldnt find anything useful.

My impression is this is the same old madden. Somethings changed and got better but overall I dont really feel like the x's and o's work pretty much the same as they always have. Of course they fixed somethings but others got worse. This is all just user vs user.

That said, I cannot stop a screen pass against users. Ive played 5-6 online games and my only losses come from people that throw a screen pass for 90% of their plays. Man isnt going to work. They qucik snap so adjustments dont work. Ive tried blitzing and then I get burned by either a pass to the HB or a quick one to someone else. Cover 2 is pretty much useless. I have to spend great effort trying to switch to the OLB on the side of the field I think its going to and then just try to stand next to the RB.

What are people doing to stop the screen pass other that just trying to user over there? Other plays should work... I can handle giving up small yardage on them but this has been insane and is ruining the game for me.

And for those of you that would like respond with something like "stop playing those kinds of people" or "go find a league," Im already working on that but I dont like playing the CPU so if none of my friends are on, thats my only option and I dont have tons of time to play it whenever friends are on.
I don't like playing the cpu much either. Online victory is the most satisfying. Before the tuner, i was stopping screen plays in the back field on the regular (mainly using cover 3, but i only play with good def teams). Post patch, my defense can't stop a nose bleed. It's hair pulling frustration playing against online opponents using this over and over and over. Slant routes are virtually unguardable. If you don't get immediate pressure, the wr will get SUPER separation vs man coverage regardless if you shade inside, press at the los, or command them to take away the underneath route (even with an elite CB). If you try zone defense all they have to do is wait for the wr to run past the zones guarding the middle and they are WIDE open on the other side of the field (you can user protect one side of the field but "good" cheesers will run double slants to both sides / pick your poison). ZERO a.i adaptability. Literally the same play, same formation, straight down field (PROFESSIONAL defender's) have no clue to whats going on.

This has ruined online play for me. I have less faith now than ever that EA can fix this abomination of a NFL simulation. Because the game engine (foundation) which it was built upon is over a decade old. I realize the objective is to make money. But the fact this game sells less than half the units it did when it had competition, is a testimony to the epic fail that Madden has become.

And yes i know how to defend very well. Incase some of you might think i suck at the game, PLEASE TRY ME (PS4) and i will show you better than i can tell you.

Last edited by BlackSheep2910; 09-11-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: forgot to add my gamertag

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »