Home

Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained

This is a discussion on Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #121
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Thanks for the response Leftos I hadn't seen your response until right after I asked the question... My question is, if their is some type of 'crew' mode in next gen.. Let's say the team that drafts me (a PF) in MyCareer requires me to be more of a post offensive player & run the offense through me.. & the 'crew' I play with online, for the sake of simplicity let's call this 'crew' The Lob Mob... This crew requires you to be a rim protector & grab rebounds, get tip ins, & pass.. Let's also say that your attributes are more suited for the latter; do you have two different OVRs? Is your 'Lob Mob' (crew) rating higher than your MyCareer? Also (this may have been asked) do 'Player Tendencies' effect player rating/player type... Seems it would make sense that a high 3pt tendency & an athletic SF would high alley oop CATCH tendency... Make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #122
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Revamped Overall Formula for NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
Thanks for the response Leftos I hadn't seen your response until right after I asked the question... My question is, if their is some type of 'crew' mode in next gen.. Let's say the team that drafts me (a PF) in MyCareer requires me to be more of a post offensive player & run the offense through me.. & the 'crew' I play with online, for the sake of simplicity let's call this 'crew' The Lob Mob... This crew requires you to be a rim protector & grab rebounds, get tip ins, & pass.. Let's also say that your attributes are more suited for the latter; do you have two different OVRs? Is your 'Lob Mob' (crew) rating higher than your MyCareer? Also (this may have been asked) do 'Player Tendencies' effect player rating/player type... Seems it would make sense that a high 3pt tendency & an athletic SF would high alley oop CATCH tendency... Make sense?
This thread was created to add some perspective on how overalls are calculated in the game now and to help the community understand why some of the player overalls that are being released might seem higher than past games.

Let's try to keep it on that subject..
Old 09-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #123
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
This thread was created to add some perspective on how overalls are calculated in the game now and to help the community understand why some of the player overalls that are being released might seem higher than past games.

Let's try to keep it on that subject..
Ok, I understand.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Play Types (notice that I'm not talking about Player Types) are separate aspects and editable, and have been for quite a few years now. As far as team-building, yes, the AI will not be blinded by just the overall or the player-type but it will look at specific skill subsets too, as I mentioned.
Wow. This could be very interesting to see what the AI GMs come up with if it works. Evaluation of the player's skills and then giving him that type makes absolutely more sense (though I'm curious how this affects starting MyPlayers and if everyone starts out the same).

The only caveat is that there are players who don't play to their strengths and rather their weaknesses (like Josh Smith chucking from outside and being played out of position depressing his value). It'd be interesting if tendencies that are mismatched for their skills or efficiency and role also affected OVR negatively or factored into what archetype they are assigned and are judged by.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-05-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 AM   #125
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
Somehow I knew this would come up lol. Tendencies will be discussed later I hope and to keep mods off your back don't bring up crew mode

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The only caveat is that there are players who don't play to their strengths and rather their weaknesses (like Josh Smith chucking from outside and being played out of position depressing his value). It'd be interesting if tendencies that are mismatched for their skills or efficiency and role also affected OVR negatively or factored into what archetype they are assigned and are judged by.
That's not a necessary addition, just something that will over-complicate things. It will work for an extreme case like Josh Smith but it just serves to needlessly muddle the waters for the other 400 NBA players.

Omer Asik had his production depressed playing out of position next to Dwight Howard but that didn't stop teams from considering him a starting-caliber center.

Overall rating does not determine simulation results and stats, nor does it affect actual games played. No reason for tendencies to affect it.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #127
Banned

OVR: 0

These kind of threads shows what OS is all about.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 09-06-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #128
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
That's not a necessary addition, just something that will over-complicate things. It will work for an extreme case like Josh Smith but it just serves to needlessly muddle the waters for the other 400 NBA players.

Omer Asik had his production depressed playing out of position next to Dwight Howard but that didn't stop teams from considering him a starting-caliber center.

Overall rating does not determine simulation results and stats, nor does it affect actual games played. No reason for tendencies to affect it.

You seem to be a bit more in line with what Beds is doing... is that about right, well with as much as we know so far?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »